• Ciao Guest - Youā€™ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCyclesĀ® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

I hear ya on some OEM parts due to in stock, slow to ship and shipping but as for tuning and performance mods you're the go to. šŸ˜Ž
Everyone here makes me work hard and question my sanity most of the time. I have both online already, and the paragraph on the first covers your questions asked direct email also. It just takes a simple search/sort and a minute to read a little. ;)

I hear ya on some OEM parts due to in stock, slow to ship and shipping but as for tuning and performance mods you're the go to. šŸ˜Ž

Thats where am at. Any oem parts, I order locally. Otherwise, GTM is the top shop for our bikes.

Shipping to Canada + custom duty fees, makes buying from any US shop a fair bit more expensive. In some case, shipping is more expensive than the parts I would like.
The kick in the balls for me, is I live 3 min from the border. Where I could get cheap... or sometime even free shipping. But due to that imaginary line on the ground... everyone get screwed.

Everyone here makes me work hard and question my sanity most of the time. I have both online already, and the paragraph on the first covers your questions asked direct email also. It just takes a simple search/sort and a minute to read a little. ;)

Thanks Todd but I think my money will be better spent on your performance and or some suspension parts. šŸ˜Ž
I have ordered your SAS mod kit, will do the canister delete and order your Upmap. Does your map come loaded in the Upmap?.
What mods did you use when developing the map? SAS, canister delete, slip ons, header, air cleaner and or filter etc.? and is my bikes mod list needed for you to load the right map. I'm now done.šŸ˜† Thanks, Tom

Does your map come loaded in the Upmap?.
What mods did you use when developing the map? SAS, canister delete, slip ons, header, air cleaner and or filter etc.? and is my bikes mod list needed for you to load the right map. I'm now done.šŸ˜† Thanks, Tom
Again, search and read... ;)

I received a Beeline gps unit for christmas. Unfortunatly, the supplied portable handlebar mount does not fit on the clip-ons and I didnt like any of the available compatible mount types for this unit (they all have an offset or extension arm. Many are glued on mount)

So I made myself a stem mount. Turns out that the Garmin Edge mounting clip is nearly identical to Beeline's, It just required minimal trimming of the locking pins, as they were a hair too long. A little bit of JBweld to attach the wedge anchor to the mounting cup and some flat black paint, et voila!

When the gps is not attached, I dont have a giant mount sticking out.

20240305 130159 20240305 130246 20240304 131729

I was not happy with the aftermarket rear fender I bought from France. The quality was ok but the fit was not. I really should have sent it straight back. Really it was for the earlier V7 models. They made no changes for the 850 and wider rear end. As a consequence I had to "fill the gaps" along the sides, Which worked to a fashion but jarred after a while. I should have bought the GTM originally!

As I retained the Guzzi original I decided to revisit it. Being an abs type blow moulded type plastic I knew I could modify it, so I remounted it and did some itinital butchery and and temporarily stuck the rear light I had previously used on the now junked French fender.
Rear fender 1

The light was temporary until I found one that suited my vision better. I basically drew a horizontal line that bisected the original Guzzi light mounting, up about 20mm from it's bottom edge. The light mounted using some grommets at the bottom to cant it up.

REar fender cut off

Half of the cut off portion of the fernder.

Once I founnd the new light surgury commensed. The following might make certain members here wince.

Rear fender 2

Pre "light moulding-ectomy"

Rear fender 3

Moulding ectomied

Rear fender 4

Gap filled, hence only half of the originally cut off portion photo above. I heated it in the oven so I could shape it, then plastic "welded" it in plase with my gas soldering iron (came with a wedge bit perfect for the job) - This piece is bot weight baring. The new light is mounted on a steel plate secured to the fender by the holes you see. Grommet for rear light wiring.
Finished off with some vigorous sanding of the joint area and addition of some rattle can black.

Rear fender 5
Light fitted. The plate is actually a Linear accellerator levelling shim. The light is as bright if not brighter than the Guzzi original, but much smaller and incorporated the plate carrier. The light being on a hinge to allow alignment.

Rear fender 6

From the backside. I left out the large and heavy internal piece of the fender. All wiring is at least double wrapped with heat shrink.

I was not happy with the aftermarket rear fender I bought from France. The quality was ok but the fit was not. I really should have sent it straight back. Really it was for the earlier V7 models. They made no changes for the 850 and wider rear end. As a consequence I had to "fill the gaps" along the sides, Which worked to a fashion but jarred after a while. I should have bought the GTM originally!

As I retained the Guzzi original I decided to revisit it. Being an abs type blow moulded type plastic I knew I could modify it, so I remounted it and did some itinital butchery and and temporarily stuck the rear light I had previously used on the now junked French fender.
View attachment 35500

The light was temporary until I found one that suited my vision better. I basically drew a horizontal line that bisected the original Guzzi light mounting, up about 20mm from it's bottom edge. The light mounted using some grommets at the bottom to cant it up.

View attachment 35501

Half of the cut off portion of the fernder.

Once I founnd the new light surgury commensed. The following might make certain members here wince.

View attachment 35502

Pre "light moulding-ectomy"

View attachment 35503

Moulding ectomied

View attachment 35504

Gap filled, hence only half of the originally cut off portion photo above. I heated it in the oven so I could shape it, then plastic "welded" it in plase with my gas soldering iron (came with a wedge bit perfect for the job) - This piece is bot weight baring. The new light is mounted on a steel plate secured to the fender by the holes you see. Grommet for rear light wiring.
Finished off with some vigorous sanding of the joint area and addition of some rattle can black.

View attachment 35505
Light fitted. The plate is actually a Linear accellerator levelling shim. The light is as bright if not brighter than the Guzzi original, but much smaller and incorporated the plate carrier. The light being on a hinge to allow alignment.

View attachment 35506

From the backside. I left out the large and heavy internal piece of the fender. All wiring is at least double wrapped with heat shrink.

Good job šŸ‘ Can we get a photo from "whole bike" ? Somebody should definitely start making short fender for V7 850.

Good job šŸ‘ Can we get a photo from "whole bike" ? Somebody should definitely start making short fender for V7 850.
Todd "of this parish" does, just my stupidity in not returning the French fender straight away. If I had I would have got his. As it is I've spent too much currently in that particular budget so I made do.
I could probably make a template from the unmolested portion of the fender to continue the curve to the rear rather than have the kink at the rear edge of the pannier frame.

Now have a small, 2.5l capacity, bag on my tank rack. It's actually meant as a rally pack to secure to a rear fender of an enduro bike so had 4 anchor points underneath that I've used to attach 2 straps I made from offcuts of leather I have dyed then then conditioned so that I only need an occasional dressing on them.
It's Italian leather as well.

Back