• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Hi all! Just got a V7 850 Stone (Arancione Rame) which I'll pick up on Saturday 12/3. I have a few accessories questions.

1. Is the MIA platform available for the 850 Stone and if so is anyone using it?
2. Are engine guards a good idea, and are the three options the OEM Guzzi guards, Givi, and Hepco & Becker? Givis are far cheaper and look like you could mount highway pegs. Any reason to spend more than twice as much on the Hepco & Beckers? Has anyone mounted highway pegs?
No idea on the MIA.
I've Givi guards and mounted Denelli D2 on them. It'll be a weird riding position with highway pegs. The standard pegs are too far forward anyway in my opinion.

No idea on the MIA.
I've Givi guards and mounted Denelli D2 on them. It'll be a weird riding position with highway pegs. The standard pegs are too far forward anyway in my opinion.
Thanks. I'm leaning towards the Givis because they seem less noticeable than the others. Not sure I'd ever need highway pegs because the standard pegs seems to provide me with pretty good extension.

I recently got an OEM engine guard, but I haven't installed it yet. My only recent tinkering was to add a windshield extension spoiler and a set of wind guards for my hands.

At my normal commute speeds I don't notice it, but about a week ago I was on the highway at about 20f (-6c) and I noticed that my fingers were getting cold. My electric gloves just aren't that toasty.

Seeing as I wasn't able to find anything intended for the V7, I just got a cheap set of hand wind deflectors on Amazon. In no way are they handguards. They haven't flown off however, I will reserve judgement until the temps drop below the 40s (4-6c) again.

Changed handlebars again, from Moto Guzzi Sports bars to Rizoma Race Retro (Clubman style)

60EU6aS.jpg

Did a comparison measurement - marked each bar against the shed wall, then drew it up for you

F323FpP.jpg

The bottom two positions are calculated. I fitted the 60mm risers. In fact fitting either of the lower risers would require rotating the bars back as the internal bar ends would hit the tube tops.

Changed handlebars again, from Moto Guzzi Sports bars to Rizoma Race Retro (Clubman style)

60EU6aS.jpg

Did a comparison measurement - marked each bar against the shed wall, then drew it up for you

F323FpP.jpg

The bottom two positions are calculated. I fitted the 60mm risers. In fact fitting either of the lower risers would require rotating the bars back as the internal bar ends would hit the tube tops.
hows the seating position for you? I found that bars above the triple clamp were to relaxed for my liking

I actually like the extra lean forward of the retro bars, along with the rear sets. Very comfortable. And I'm 58 so no spring chicken.
agreed. i got clubmans that fit perfectly against the triple clamp so no alignment of the handlebar was required. i like being hunched over since i do a lot of highway riding with a mix of canyon riding.

First proper ride (TO WORK) with the Rizoma fitted. Some minor tweeks. For me the extra lean improves my slow speed as much as anything else. Very comfortable now.

yNgDutX.jpg

LYsqwm6.jpg

I see now that motogadget make a foldable version of my mirror! Wonder if I can convert to a folding version easily?

I cannot remember seeing them before but I like your knee pads on the side of your tank. I notice they are branded Moto Guzzi.

Did they come with your bike as a factory part? I like them.

I cannot remember seeing them before but I like your knee pads on the side of your tank. I notice they are branded Moto Guzzi.

Did they come with your bike as a factory part? I like them.
Hi Scott,

No purchased them. Moto Guzzi item. Actually useful know as the rearsets bring the knees into contact with the tank.

What exactly are you looking for?
Per my prior post, plan is to get one of these in house to start R&D. If someone can state that the V7 III mufflers fit and work, you can use the V7 III sorting tool on our STORE link above, and here; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/all-products/model_v7-iii?sort_by=title-ascending -- for sure I know the rear shocks will not work. I just confirmed the forks are the same, so the fork kit listings there will work.
Fueling fixes will only be once I have one in house on the dyno.
You have headers from a VIII for sale... do you know if they fit 850 Special? I got some ideas I would love to try...

You have headers from a VIII for sale... do you know if they fit 850 Special? I got some ideas I would love to try...
It depends on what mufflers you are using. If stock or aftermarket for the V7-850, they will not fit. They must use GTM mufflers. We normally can offer custom fit/mods, but we're too busy right now leading up to the Holidays. What do you have in mind?

I would use Zart... I like them on my Duc...
Different diameter to connect to muffler or totally different angles...?

In the end you’re gonna get the bike anyway… I have nothing on ECUs
I guess in the January beginning of February I should be done, ready for you to do your magic

I would use Zart... I like them on my Duc...
Different diameter to connect to muffler or totally different angles...?
Both. We have a V7-850 on the lift now mating to Agostini mufflers. We may be jigging them to work on stock and aftermarket mufflers.
We’re a dealer for Zard. Fitment and durability aren’t up to our standards, so we pulled them from our site completely. Compared to what we make in house with a lifetime warranty, they don’t stand a chance. ;)

In the end you’re gonna get the bike anyway… I have nothing on ECUs
I guess in the January beginning of February I should be done, ready for you to do your magic
Sounds good!

Did you play with placement of the O2 sensor further downstream..
850’s is just a few inches from the head... may get better complete burn measurements for sensors as burn continues in the pipe..

Did you play with placement of the O2 sensor further downstream..
850’s is just a few inches from the head... may get better complete burn measurements for sensors as burn continues in the pipe..
Yes, you’ll see when I post some pics. We moved them down as far as the harness allowed, and angled them 45 degrees downward.

Back