• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 classic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

royaldude

Just got it firing!
Hi, My name is Bob and I live in Titusville, Fl. I own a Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Calassic 2010 and I just bought a centerstand from MG Italy. The problem is that they did'nt include the installation instructions :( Any help would be great because it's a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out how to install it.
Also, I would like to find the closest dealer for the initial service since I bought the bike from a person who won it on "The Price Is Right". It has 1000 miles on it and I need to have a certified dealer do the service with their port hookup to get the MAINT. off the clock. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob.

royaldude said:
Hi, My name is Bob Summers and I live in Titusville, Fl. I own a Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Calassic 2010 and I just bought a centerstand from M/G Italy. The problem is that they did'nt include the installation instructions :( Any help would be great because it's a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out how to install it.
Also, I am the only one with a Guzzi around here and would like to find the closest dealer for the initial service since I bought the bike from a person who won it on "The Price Is Right". It has 1000 miles on it and I need to have a certified dealer do the service with their port hookup to get the MAINT. off the clock. I am at, gtx467@yahoo.com, Thanks in advance for any help, Bob.

Maintenance

with the ignition OFF;
push left button (trip/odo) and keep pushed;
switch ON ignition;
wait 'till the dials do there dance and the lights go out again
release button
switch ignition back OFF

next time you start the engine, the "maint"-thing will be gone :)

I will get back to you on the centerstand

In the mean time

http://florida.mgnoc.com/

http://florida.mgnoc.com/Dead_of_Summer.htm

Thank you very much !! I will try to get the maint off now and get back to you soon. Go to facebook to see my bike. Search Moto Guzzi Club of Central Florida on Facebook. I am the President. Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and the only member! :)

royaldude said:
Thank you very much !! I will try to get the maint off now and get back to you soon. Go to facebook to see my bike. Search Moto Guzzi Club of Central Florida on Facebook. I am the President. Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and the only member! :)

Have you seen this web site? http://www.mgnoc.com/

YEAH BABY !!! It worked, the MAINT is gone ! Just like you said. :mrgreen: Now I still have to figure out how to get the celsius temp. to fahrenheight. :?: And of course the centerstand info. You made my day !
Thanks again, Bob.

Attachments

• BobS-V7C.jpg
    BobS-V7C.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,454
  • BobS-V7C-2.jpg
    BobS-V7C-2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,452
royaldude said:
Is there a way to attach photos here ? Thanks again, Bob.

Yes there is. Use the upload attachment tab below the test box used in composing a message. Be sure to click on the "post inline" button as the last step. as for the Celsius to Fahrenheit change, I think that is based on the country the ECU was destined for. but I could be wrong. My understanding is that with the 15RC, it is set in the programming, in the 5AM bikes it is owner selectable.

You may get the gist of it from this video, if not show up on July 16th at Frank Dugo's house in Coca and I will do it for you free of charge of course.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge John. It's been a great help! I have the owners manual and it explanes how to set the temp. from celcious to farenheight but it just won't work for me. Every time I push the buttons the time change comes up, but not the temp. option.
Maybe if I show up at Frank Dugos house on July 16th in Cocoa we can sort it out. I got the address from the page with the alligator on it and printed out the directions to Plumosa st.
I checked out the youtube video you sent for installing the centerstand which was helpful. Thanks !
Is there anyone with a similar V7 cafe classic like mine going to Frank Dugo's house?
Thanks, Bob

draidt said:
You may get the gist of it from this video, if not show up on July 16th at Frank Dugo's house in Coca and I will do it for you free of charge of course.
Thanks Draidt, Do you speak Italian ? I can probably figure it out from watching the video. I hope to meet you and everyone on July 16th. I am still going to try and get the centerstand installed myself but if not I'll see you at the get together hopefully.
I'm glad I found this site because for 3 months I have been trying to find out how to do these things. Thanks for helping!

Up here in Canada, the degrees F to degrees C works as per the manual... What I want to know is if/how I can set the readout so that the CLOCK is the default display after every startup. Why do MG engineers think that I will always want to know the temperature of the air instead of whether I am late for dinner???

Alan L. in Port McNeill

Dunno if I can attach a .pdf file here.

This one is for the Breva, but they are basically the same.

Attachments

• H&B Centerstand.pdf
    305.1 KB · Views: 92
Thats Funny because the Italians would rather be on time for dinner because we like to eat good food and not worry about what time it is as much ! LOL.

As for the clock issue, it will not arrive on start up, have to push the button :D It is good exercise for finger dexterity :shock: :lol: :lol:

Bill

All I care about now is getting the celsious off and seeing fahrinhiet there. The 2 chrome push buttons are hurting my fingers and I am a bass Player and it still hurts ! The way the manual says does'nt work, i've tryed every which way.
I am still trying to figure out how to get the centerstand installed also :?:

The temp change is quirky, because when you've done it correctly the dash merely says "off" like there was a problem, instead of properly displaying the new units.

Try it again. Here are the instructions:

Turn on the ignition, but leave the engine off.

Press both buttons together for a few seconds, and then release.

Press left button until you get Fahrenheit. (units for a real man, like miles)

Then press right button for a few seconds, until "off" appears. This sets the change.
Turn the bike off, and then back on, to check the units.

You might have to try it a couple of times.
Joe

Hey Joe, next you'll be trying to tell us that you still work in pounds and inches!

Joe I tried doing it exactly like you described 10+ times and it won't do anything. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks for your help!

To change Temp from C to F:This drove me nuts too. The book isn't too clear, but you must depress both control buttons A & B and hold them in BEFORE turning on the ignition switch. This is a little tricky, what I do is hold the two buttons in with index and middle finger of left hand, then turn on ignition switch with right. You will then see EU or USA flash in the display. You can toggle between the two with button A.

Hope this helps!

I was all pounds/feet/miles, but after getting a micrometer calibrated in inches, I see the wisdom of the metric system. Because the micrometer uses fractions instead of tenths, taking a reading is a huge pain!

Changing the dashboard temp is tricky. Try several variations until it works for you. Last year I just kept it in Celsius and converted it in my head (but my heart will never convert!).

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back