• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 classic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I am still trying all different ways to set the temp. to fahrenheit ! When I get it done I will let you know. :?

royaldude said:
Thanks, I am still trying all different ways to set the temp. to fahrenheit ! When I get it done I will let you know. :?

You DO know that the Italians use the metric system, don't you ? :evil:

The Centerstand is now Installed !!

Thanks to draidt the centerstand is now installed ! I went to the "Dead of Summer" party and met all the great Moto Guzzi Owners and we installed the stand ! It was nice to meet other Moto Guzzi enthuiests and thanks to Frank for putting on the get together !
I still don't have the instructions, but I could explane how it is supposed to go on. There is another guy on here who needs to have his centerstand installed, so get in touch with me if you read this message.

Your V7 looks so good. I'd like to know where you purchased the wind screen and the cost. Thanks, Max

Hi Max, Thanks, I bought the wind screen on ebay for $36.50. It was new, but it was a left over. It is made by Emgo which is very common. Don't pay more than $40.00 for one because there are alot of this same exact one selling from $40.00 to $90.00. Look on ebay first because there are some on there right now. Make sure they include the hardware to mount it too. Bob.

Re: V7 classic questions GEAR OIL

I need to know what gearbox oil to use in my V7 Cafe Classic 2010. The manual says SAE 85W-90. I drained the shaft drive hub and I am about to put in some SAE 80W-90 in the shaft drive hub at the rear wheel. Moto Guzzi calls gear box and transmission oil the same thing, but gear box oil calls for SAE 85W-90 and transmission oil calls for SAE 85W-140. What oil is used for the shaft drive fill hole on the rear hub? Thanks.

Re: V7 classic questions GEAR OIL

royaldude said:
I need to know what gearbox oil to use in my V7 Cafe Classic 2010. The manual says SAE 85W-90. I drained the shaft drive hub and I am about to put in some SAE 80W-90 in the shaft drive hub at the rear wheel. Moto Guzzi calls gear box and transmission oil the same thing, but gear box oil calls for SAE 85W-90 and transmission oil calls for SAE 85W-140. What oil is used for the shaft drive fill hole on the rear hub? Thanks.

The gearbox (the unit that changes gear ratios) takes 85W-90. The transmission (bevel drive) takes 85W-140.

When you look at the volume specified, it becomes rather obvious which oil goes where. There is no way a liter of oil would fit in the small rear drive. Most of the oil (over 800ccs) would run out at the level plug and make a big mess.

Guzziology recommends 1,100 ml in the transmission, instead of the factory recommended 1 liter.
Also, if you are an American, pay attention and buy two jugs of oil. A quart is less than a liter!

Joe

Okay thanks mister know-it-all. Why does everyone on here try to make me look like a stupid American! Can't you just give me the answers to my questions? Seems like you want to let everyone know how smart you are. I'm just asking some questions about my first Moto Guzzi ! Thanks anyway.

royaldude said:
Okay thanks mister know-it-all. Why does everyone on here try to make me look like a stupid American! Can't you just give me the answers to my questions? Seems like you want to let everyone know how smart you are. I'm just asking some questions about my first Moto Guzzi ! Thanks anyway.

With replies like this we don't have to try very hard. And by the way, both of the people that answered you are from the US.

Well I do appreiciate any STRAIGHT answers for my questions when I do have some. Thanks!

Royaldude,
The information offered here is most frequently correct and offered freely. Excess information may not help you but may apply and may help someone else. Please don't be offended by people offering information you can't or don't want to use, others may find it very helpful and you are infrequently the only person reading those comments. Taking offense at something offered freely abases you and the offerer.

BMC

I personally think that John has the patience of a bloody Saint!!! Increasingly here there are questions being asked the answers to which are bloody OBVIOUS to anybody with a quarter of a brain and a willingness to use it. Rather than doing that though it seems easier to engage in prolonged, needy, whining and then if somone points out the obvious to take umbrage and resort to spluttering outrage and high-dudgeon!!!

Grow up! We're supposed to be motorcyclists! Reknowned, admired an feared for our self-sufficiency and 'Can Do' attitude. We drink beer, eat meat, swear and fornicate!!! If you want to join a knitting circle or quilting club and sit down to pee, (Unless you're female!) you're in the wrong place! Man-up! Try using yer brain for something usefull rather than just carping because the big boys were mean to you!!!

Jesus! Whatabunchasoftcoques!!!!!

Pete

I'm sorry your UPSET, but like I said, I only want straight answers, NOT smart ass answers! This site is for helping each other with Moto Guzzi's. It's not for you to decide how much I should know about the subject. If you don't have a staight answer, DON'T REPLY, you obviously have too much time for the wrong things. Life is too short for writing posts like this Pete! All I wanted was a staight answer so I can get on the road and RIDE. Seems theres more nit pickin" on here than helping a fellow motorcyclist...........Blah Blah Blah !!

The strength of this Forum is helpful posts. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back