Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 III - Has arrived

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 25, 2016.

1. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Liking the racer except the rear cowl and that exhaust.

2. Joerg Stoeckner

Joerg Stoeckner Tuned and Synch'ed

How disappointing! A bit different colour, a new cylinder head with 4 more hp and they are trying to celebrate this as big leap!
    I had hoped that they at least have the balls to implant the 850cc in the racer and make it more ass kicking. Or hone the design any further to make it even more attractive. Nothing. Apart from the side covers which they now managed to transfrom from a nice looking one to something look mega ugly.
    My dear, what plan does MG have to stay competitive against all the new Ducatis, Triumphs, Benellis, Yamahas, you name it, in that mid size retro class ??

All in all, no reason for me to trade in my 2011 V7 Classic next spring for a new MG model as I had intended. It woudlnt pay off.
    I keep riding it or change brand. (I ll defintely test ride the Yamaha SCR 950 first thing next year once available in Europe ).

I do like MG and its really tough for me to share the above statement but cant ignore the reality.

3. Dale Baker

Dale Baker Cruisin' Guzzisti

special V-7 III.jpg However, what a nice color combo it is. Love the blue with the alloy wheels and striped side cover. Really clean.

T_Guzzi likes this.
  4. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

Side panels are plain ugly
    AndyB

5. Bill16STN

Bill16STN Just got it firing!

Nice as far as it goes; however I feel that I have to agree with andyb about the side covers, they're more than a litle 1970s Japanese design?

6. bradsblacksheep

bradsblacksheep Just got it firing!

I actually kind of like the side covers. I've been waiting for the ones they had on the Scrambler prototype at Monte Carlo in '11 (though agreed, they are a bit more of a retro Japanese style). I still like these better but... close enough?

[​IMG]

I'm hoping they'll have just as many or more mix-n-match accessories for the new models and if so you could probably scramble out one of the Specials to look pretty dang sharp (w/ 2-1 Arrows, knobbies, etc)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Trout and Scott Smith like this.
  7. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Like those side covers way better.

bradsblacksheep likes this.
  8. bradsblacksheep

bradsblacksheep Just got it firing!

yeah I don't know why they never ran with those :/
    would love if they made them as a lockable metal tool box a la V7 Sport

Trout likes this.
  9. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

I know right, that blue is beautiful!

10. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I sure don't get the comments about what MG should or shouldn't do.
    The consumer votes with their pocketbook.

roadventure likes this.
  11. BabisStinson

BabisStinson Just got it firing!

Love the new V7 III, especially the Special Model. With a brown leather saddle like the one of the Anniversary model it would be just perfect! A couple of questions, if you have the time:

- I guess they gave it the new cylinder heads as the V9 has, correct?

- Can the Öhlins shocks of the Racer be retrofitted to the Special or the Stone model?

- What fuel consumption and service intervals should we wait from the new V7 III?

I am thinking of trading of my Yamaha FZ-07 to get a V7 III Special to keep company to my MG Breva 750 and be a base for some modifications. :)

Jorge Sarse likes this.
  12. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

- It looks like the cylinder heads are shared, yes.
    - Ohlins would be a direct swap yes -- I will be offering them on the site here soon, and we shall see what the cost is from Guzzi once they release a parts list.
    - Consumption would likely be slightly better than the V9, same service intervals.

BenRCMC and BabisStinson like this.
  13. BabisStinson

Hi Todd, thank you for the reply. Do we know the consumption and the service intervals of the V9? I want to calculate the expenses of the bike. With the Yamaha, after 17.500 km I have 4.5 lt/100 km and change the oil (plus oil filter) every 5.000 km (manual says 10.000km) and have a DNA Air FIlter on so I clean it every 10.000 km. Major service will be at 20.000 km.

14. Jorge Sarse

Jorge Sarse Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I'm liking the new design. Somehow with the new engine and bodypart mods it looks more... retro? Maybe it's the beer.

Exhaust headers look a fair bit thicker than the previous V7's too which would be interesting.

Overall a +1 from me! :)

15. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

I believe they're double walled now.

16. BabisStinson

17. sib

sib Cruisin' Guzzisti

I believe I read somewhere that the reason for the double U-joint in the V9's is so that the drive shaft could clear the fat rear tire on the Bobber.

BabisStinson likes this.
  18. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

I believe it was Pete Roper on WG said the V7III does NOT use the new final drive.

But yes, the head design changed to the Hemi.

BabisStinson likes this.
  19. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hemi head, yes. Wider Swingarm/double u-joint no. Same as all previous models with the same narrower wheels.

BabisStinson likes this.
  20. BabisStinson

Thanks for the information everyone, I am trying to gather as much as information as possible on the new V7 III. Tomorrow I will go to the MG dealership near me to check if they have been informed on availability/pricing.
    I am torn between the V9 Bobber and the V7 III Special...! :p