Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 loose fasteners

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jan 15, 2018.

1. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Mechanochondriasism GT di Razza Pura

2017 V7 III

Crossover sealing strap loose
    Right rear heat shield screw.

Didn't think to check frame unions, I'll get on that tomorrow!

2. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Tuned and Synch'ed

Have some oil sweat on front of engine. Check M6 bolt on front engine cover, no one exceed 10Nm. Re-torque them to spec.

3. dududuckling

dududuckling Cruisin' Guzzisti

Not wanting to start a new thread, but am I missing two bolts? It’s right in front of the evap can, behind the gear box / transmission drain bolt. Bike is a 2017 V7III. Thanks.

2DAF25B1-0C6C-454F-BA60-45CC10853387.jpeg DD9CB88B-C579-420A-B6F0-7AFF01ACF8DC.jpeg

4. kenrover

kenrover Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi.
    I may be wrong but I believe they are allen bolts with the head at the other end.

dududuckling likes this.
  5. dududuckling

dududuckling Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nope, you were right. All is good. The bolt came from the front end. What got me thinking was the inner thread was so clean and shiny.

To sum this thread, keep an eye on:
    1. ALL exhaust nuts and bolts, from header to heat shield, etc
    2. Shift linkages
    3. Engine cover and starter motor, oil sump, etc
    4. Rear subframe fastener

6. pazzmore

pazzmore Just got it firing!

When my '16 V7II was new, on the way to the shop for it's post break-in service the shifter came loose and I luckily was able to pull over and finger tighten the bolt enough to get to the shop. They torqued it and I'm assuming used threadlocker, no problems since. I still check it frequently as feeling the shifter wobbling around on top of your boot while in traffic is not fun.