• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Questions...

serpent

Just got it firing!
Hey Guys,

New member..

I currently own an Mv Agusta F4 and an Aprilia Scooter. I use my Aprilia for daily riding and MV for weekends & track days. I have been looking for a replacement daily rider to the scooter and have always loved the V7.
I just have a few questions.

1. I really like the look of the cafe classic, but it doesn't look like you can take a pillion? Don't really see the point of riding a pretty, cafe twin if you can't take a girl on the back? ;) So if I want a pillion option I should only look at the standard V7

2. Riding position, I'm quite tall (6"2) and when I took one for a ride.. it didn't seem quite right to me. Is it possible to move the rear-sets? Or are there after-market options out there. Any of you guys tall and find the riding position ok?

3. Reliability.. just wondering how these bikes fare? I own an MV so am used to the ' randomness ' of Italian bikes.. but have never owned an air cooled bike or a Guzzi for that matter.

Any info would be appreciated.. thanks guys :D

Serpent,
Here are my answers;

Taking a passenger - Both seats (flat and cafe) are available for sale. So you can buy the cafe, and change over to the flat seat for the lass/luggage.

Riding position - As I recall, adjustable rearsets have to be custom made, or adapted to fit. I think a few guys have tried it, but it's $$$. I have not paid attention to this issue, so others will have better info.

Reliability - As Italian bikes go, Guzzi is the most reliable. That phrase is so unique, I've got to repeat it, Guzzi is the most reliable A few people have had issues with their new bikes, which can be a huge pain until it's sorted out. But after that it's all good. But being a MV owner you know about that.
I consider the air cooling to be plus, especially in terms of reliability; fewer things to break or wear out.

Joe

I have a V7 Cafe Classic, and at 5" 10" it fits me fine. It doesn't have rearsets (only the v7 Racer does), and the stock pegs aren't adjustable.

Guzzi sells a kit with the dual seat and passenger pegs. I saved a few bucks by ordering just the seat. A kind Guzzista gave me a pair of pegs -- but almost anything with a 10mm bolt will fit. If you're going to keep the dual seat and pegs installed, you might as well get the stock Classic to begin with. The lower exhaust is more practical for hauling a passenger or luggage, and the upright riding position might leave you feeling less cramped.

Sign is right on about the reliability. I had initial problems with a dashboard that kept shorting out and draining my battery. It was replaced under warranty and I've had nothing but a barrel of fun from the bike since.

The real question now is it possible to get the V7 Café since there are probably no new ones left. If you find one, you will have to get the flat seat from the Classic and a set of rear pegs. This is a smallish, low HP bike, but two people can get on. I guess next year they will have the V7 Racer, which already has rearsets. You can retrofit those to the other V7's (at a price tag somewhere north of $1200). There is a also Japanese outfit called Ritmo-Sereno that has probably a nicer set for somewhere around $950?. You will still need the Classic seat and pegs for two-up. Hope this answers your questions.

Back