Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 special rear suspension adjustment tip

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Keith Holyoake, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Keith Holyoake

Keith Holyoake Just got it firing!

The rear suspension units may be adjusted after a small grub screw is loosened. Even if not intending to adjust I recommend removing the grub screw with a small Allen key and greasing the threads before replacing.

My screws were almost seized in place (on a fairly new bike) because no grease had been applied. If left, the screws would have become seized in place and no adjustment of the suspension would have been possible.

Suggest that when replacing the grub screw is tightened fully then backed off 1/4 of a turn.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. sign216

sign216 High Miler

Which screw? Got a picture?

3. Keith Holyoake

Keith Holyoake Just got it firing!

No picture sorry. The screw is fitted to the bottom adjusting ring (to keep it in place when adjusted). It is a tiny grub screw and requires a very small Allen wrench to loosen/tighten. Mine was almost seized in its thread because it had been assembled "dry" without any grease on the threads. If left for a long period in that condition I doubt if I would have been able to loosen at all meaning lack of suspension adjustment to the rear shocks.
    I don't need to adjust mine but was concerned that it would never be possible if the screw had been allowed to seize in situ.

4. organfixsing

organfixsing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Keith, the allen key is 2,5mm. I used some antisieze on mine
    Cheers
    Brian