• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7/V9 ride - Sun. 06/03 - Angeles Crest Hwy

Indeed it was great and I'm definitely up for an OC ride!

Godfrey & Midnite: I'm likely headed north in a few weeks for WSB at Laguna Seca; let me know if by chance either of you are planning to go!

No definite plans yet ... I might be out of town that weekend, but it's not 100% decided yet.
Sheesh, I haven't been to Laguna Seca since about 1998 or thereabouts! Once upon a time, I seem to have been there about every third weekend from 1982 during Summer season. I'll have to see if it can be worked out. :)

No definite plans yet ... I might be out of town that weekend, but it's not 100% decided yet.
Sheesh, I haven't been to Laguna Seca since about 1998 or thereabouts! Once upon a time, I seem to have been there about every third weekend from 1982 during Summer season. I'll have to see if it can be worked out. :)
Unlikely for me, but will let you know if I'm able to make it down... thanks for the invite!

Hi Guys,
I just noticed that my card has been charged for 2 meals by Newcomb's yesterday. So, I paid for some of you :)
It's not a problem, but maybe the same thing happened to someone else, if you care to check ;)

Ciao!
f4b

I also paid cash. You have to ride up there again and kick their ass ;)

Not really though, just login to your credit card account online and create a dispute, it's very easy and common practice. Every card website has this functionality built in because it happens so frequently.

Yep, not an issue. Another excuse to ride up there again, good idea! :)

Yeah but still that's bullshit...good thing you checked it! That place is pretty disorganized. They have like 3 menu items that are basically ALL avocado...and...sorry we have no avocado. Really? I know we are on top of a mountain but civilization is only 30 minutes away, go get more!

Hi Guys,
I just noticed that my card has been charged for 2 meals by Newcomb's yesterday. So, I paid for some of you :)
It's not a problem, but maybe the same thing happened to someone else, if you care to check ;)

Ciao!
f4b
Hey f4b

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my card and I was billed correctly. Do you have Gunnar’s number (It’s earlier in the thread.)? He’s the only other one who paid by card.

Great ride on Sunday, man! Glad you made it!

We had a sudden gathering in the Santa Monicas on Sunday. Three V7’s; Trish Anni, Carlo V7III Special (shown below) and our new friend Kevin V7C, along with my and Fred’s NTX.

DB7568D1 3AD7 42FD 84A3 AE6E028F4D8B

LOL ! :)

Beau1K and I posted pics earlier in the thread (mostly from where we met, at Little Flower).
After that we were riding!

Actually Gunnar has some great pics!
Hopefully he'll post them!
(And please email them to me!!)

I realized a bit too late, but there were a couple of other V7's up at Newcomb's. Had I spotted them in time I would have invited them over.

LOL ! :)
Beau1K and I posted pics earlier in the thread (mostly from where we met, at Little Flower).
After that we were riding!
Actually Gunnar has some great pics!
Hopefully he'll post them!
(And please email them to me!!)
I realized a bit too late, but there were a couple of other V7's up at Newcomb's. Had I spotted them in time I would have invited them over.
Funny, I missed the pics until now. Thanks.
Looks like a fun ride.
@Beau1K - outside of you, the O.C. guys seem impossible to herd (cats come to mind).

Hopefully we can gather all of the SoCal V7/9 riders.

The most I've ever rounded up back in 2003 (as the MGNOC SoCal Rep) on Ortega was ~35 or so Guzzisti. Pic not here, but a fun glimpse back in time from the SoCal guys from last decade; https://www.flickr.com/photos/84238058@N00/with/313673009/

Funny, I missed the pics until now. Thanks.
Looks like a fun ride.
@Beau1K - outside of you, the O.C. guys seem impossible to herd (cats come to mind).

It was a great ride! And perfect weather!

There were a ton of bikes out (but not busy on the road - just at the stopping points).
And, unfortunately, there were a handful of accidents (not involving any of us).

Regarding the OC contingent - funny you should mention it, but post Sunday's ride Beau1K and Gunnar proposed to organize a South Bay ride in the near future! (Right on, gentlemen!!)

I'm trying to figure out whether I can make it to Laguna Seca for WSB.

Once upon a time I participated in a lot of group rides, but nowadays I usually prefer to ride alone and meet up with people at stopping points. I like the freedom to stop and go as I please without impinging on other people's ride. :)

Once upon a time I participated in a lot of group rides, but nowadays I usually prefer to ride alone and meet up with people at stopping points. I like the freedom to stop and go as I please without impinging on other people's ride. :)

LOL!
Did he miss a ride seemingly tailor made for him, or what!?

OK ~ Our ride wasn't run quite that liberally, but it wasn't far from that format!

Whomever was in front would show up several minutes ahead of the next bike at a pre-arranged meeting spot where everyone would relax and socialize until the last bike caught up. It was great - everyone rode their own ride and no one rode faster or slower than they wanted to. True independent Guzzi style!

It was fun comparing notes at the meet up spots - who saw what and when, etc.

The OC contingency is growing now that we have an awesome local dealer. They are selling lots of bikes and I expect the word will get out eventually.

I noticed there’s also a FB guzzi group, 160 some odd members so we should cross post rides there as well.

The OC contingency is growing now that we have an awesome local dealer. They are selling lots of bikes and I expect the word will get out eventually.

I noticed there’s also a FB guzzi group, 160 some odd members so we should cross post rides there as well.

Would you be able to share the link? Wouldn't happen to be the Moto Guzzi National Association, right?

If you do cross post, please don’t post FB links here. No need to further sever GT readership.

Back