RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

V9 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Aug 19, 2016.

1. decotriumph

decotriumph Tuned and Synch'ed

I only have the one seat, Steve.

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Well, congrats! Great pics, thanks for posting. Love to get your info VIN# and other info for the first post of this thread.

3. decotriumph

VIN is ZGULHU018HM000349. Purchased on 7/7/17 from Sloan's Motorcycles in Murfreesboro, TN.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  4. decotriumph

2nd day ride update. I rode about 75 more miles today. If I ever meet the sadist that designed that seat, I'm going to poke him right in the eye! That thing is a torture device. I tried today wearing my Moto Skivvies which helped only slightly, so I have ordered a BeadRider beaded seat pad as my first attempt at pain reduction.

The crooked handlebars are fixed. There was enough clearance in the bolt holes on the risers that I was able to loosen both sides and realign the bars straight.

5. decotriumph

Today I finally got around to taking off the tank and handlebar stickers and the rear reflectors. It looks much cleaner already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Additionally, I purchased a beaded seat cushion, which will not work as there's not enough clearance between the seat pan and the fender for adjustment hardware on the beaded cushion.

6. adan

adan Just got it firing!

The V9 and Napa Valley: a perfect union.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  7. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

20170714_141437.jpg

VIN ZGULHU001HM000281- PasoDuc88 - Costa Mesa, CA - D.O.P. 07.14.17

Stradagene, decotriumph and GT-Rx® like this.
  8. GT-Rx®

Congrats, and thanks for posting! Not many Roamers showing up here.
    Hope you'll join our next V7/9 small block ride, chatted about in this section.
    Post often!

Stradagene likes this.
  9. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Thank you much, Todd! Definitely looking forward to joining in on the next small block ride - my initial 90+ miles on the Roamer have left me yearning for more. Amazing how sublime the ride is.

decotriumph likes this.
  10. James.Jasond

James.Jasond Just got it firing!

VIN ZGULHU017HM000083. James.Jasond. San Francisco. DOP 3/8/17. I put on Agostini pipes, incredible!

FullSizeRender.jpg

decotriumph, PasoDuc88 and GT-Rx® like this.
  11. acidlaser

acidlaser Just got it firing!

_7231672.jpg

ZGULHU002HM000144 - Adam - Los Angeles, CA - 6/24/2017 at Pro Italia in Glendale.

Just installed the Givi rack, and took it past the 1000 mile mark last weekend.

decotriumph and GT-Rx® like this.
  12. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Ready to Roam! Traded my 2012 Griso Black Devil for this 2017 V9 Roamer. I'll miss the power, but not the bulk. The V9 is light and flickable, the ergos are perfect for me, and it's a looker.

With a flyscreen, tail rack and bag, and some Agostinis to uncork that sweet Mandello music, I'm looking forward to some backroads exploration and a little light touring.

Attached Files:

Kris 78 and decotriumph like this.
  13. Kris 78

Kris 78 Just got it firing!

IMAG0412.jpg
    Due to trade in my '08 Aprilia shiver for a '17 Bobber on the 7th at Robinson's in Canterbury, UK. Took this one out for a test ride a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The only slight downside being that I would of preferred the 2016 version with the bench seat as in my mind it looks a lot cooler, but the bobber seat will have to do, sure is comfy at least.
    Have purchased some Mivv short cans to unleash that lovely V twin sound and a set of bar end mirrors so I can see past my elbows, roll on Monday :)

s-flow and decotriumph like this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Congrats, and thanks for posting. Hope you'll add your VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread!

Well... congrats in advance! Hope you too will add your info once it lands in your possession.

15. HarrierGod

HarrierGod Just got it firing!

Vin:ZGLUHU007HM000012. I am the HarrierGod. Denver, CO. purchased 7/24/17.
    I traded in my fz-07 for the guzzi. Completely different bike but I love it!
    I have plans to add some aftermarket parts but maybe not because I think the V9s look so good stock. I did however remove the reflectors as soon as I got it home.
    IMG_1546.JPG

GT-Rx® likes this.
  16. decotriumph

This morning I did the next set of updates on my V9 Bobber:
    1. The stock grips were too small for my big mitts, so I ordered a set of Biltwell Recoil Grips from Lowbrow Customs (I've known the guys who own Lowbrow for at least a dozen years). Oddly, they had the grips in stock and Biltwell didn't, plus Lowbrow's shipping charge was $8 less! These new grips are soft and bigger. They only had a small air vent hole in the outside end, so I had to open it up enough to clear the bar end weight screw. The grips were too soft to use a drill (drill just pushed through the hole but didn't remove any material) so I wound up using side cutters and nipped away a little piece at a time.
    2. I removed the stock mirrors and flopped the mirror mount holes to the underside. Then I added a pair of Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors ($91 ea.), which also required using Rizoma bar ends ($45 pr.), as the stock Guzzi ones are too big in diameter. I am real pleased with these mirrors (very high quality) and can now see behind me in my own lane! Point of reference, my dealer quoted me $600 for the pair of Guzzi accessory mirrors, so $227 (no tax, free shipping) vs. $600 (plus tax).
    3. Having previously removed the ugly reflector bouquet from the license plate area, I was left with one bracket hanging below the license plate. I ordered a stick-on chrome and enamel "Italia" emblem from eBay and put it on there, giving a nod to the bike's heritage.
    Hopefully, this weekend I'll get time to install the H-B C-Bow mounts & bags.
    [​IMG]

Controls before:
    [​IMG]

And after:
    [​IMG]

From the rear before:
    [​IMG]

And after:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    James.Jasond and HarrierGod like this.
  17. GT-Rx®

decotriumph likes this.
  18. decotriumph

Cool on the screen, Todd. I'll look forward to getting that. Tail Tidy Kit and No-Mirror clamps order headed your way.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  19. HarrierGod

HarrierGod Just got it firing!

I picked up some drag bars at a local shop and installed them today. I like them so far but I may need shorter cables. Everything works fine but I had to tuck the slack away and couldn't hide it completely. I need to pick out some new mirrors now too.

Attached Files:

Kris 78 and decotriumph like this.
  20. decotriumph

I like the bars. I wonder if Bobber cables are any shorter (or if so, short enough to do you any good).