• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First guzzi purchase options

Scott, again thank you for your replies. I agree with everything. Unfortunately I dont think I will be able to get a bike with the warranty, so getting the bike with very low mileage 1-3000km hopefuly is the right way then.

Now thinking about it, wouldnt it be better to get the bike with 13000 because the sorting should be almost there? its been in the official service three times and its been well adjusted.

Thanks everybody.

Sure, if you get a reasonable financial difference for the mileage. If they are both the same price, then it's really a call on your part.

Something you will learn about service as well, just because it went to a Dealer for service, doesn't mean it was properly worked on. The question is did it go to a dealer service that has a well-respected reputation. That's the real question!

Do a search on the Dealer's name here, and see if other Brits have anything good or bad to say. Make a post asking for input of people who have used the dealership. Collecting information is free, use it to your advantage!

Sure, if you get a reasonable financial difference for the mileage. If they are both the same price, then it's really a call on your part.

Something you will learn about service as well, just because it went to a Dealer for service, doesn't mean it was properly worked on. The question is did it go to a dealer service that has a well-respected reputation. That's the real question!

Do a search on the Dealer's name here, and see if other Brits have anything good or bad to say. Make a post asking for input of people who have used the dealership. Collecting information is free, use it to your advantage!
Ok thank you! Will do!

I am a "buy new" kinda guy. Neither bike is new. If you are not buying a new bike you want the better deal. That kind of mileage (13,500 Km) is nothing to a Guzzi. I would want the bike that was a better deal, and if the cheaper bike also seems to have a better owner that sounds like the better deal. Having a warranty is nice, but only if the dealer knows what he is doing. A mediocre dealer can make things worse.
I would probably go with the cheaper one. With that kind of miles it is likely all the initial issues have been resolved.

Last edited:
I am a "buy new" kinda guy. Neither bike is new. If you are buying a new bike you want the better deal. That kind of mileage (13,500 Km) is nothing to a Guzzi. I would want the bike that was a better deal, and if the cheaper bike also seems to have a better owner that sounds like the better deal. Having a warranty is nice, but only if the dealer knows what he is doing. A mediocre dealer can make things worse.
I would probably go with the cheaper one. With that kind of miles it is likely all the initial issues have been resolved.
tomorrow i will meet with the guy, if he wont give a good deal ill just go with the 13.500km bike as the seller seems legit and treated the bike right. i hope its not too much as i dont like planning but hope this to be a bike for a very long time.

thanks everybody.

Now thinking about it, wouldnt it be better to get the bike with 13000 because the sorting should be almost there? its been in the official service three times and its been well adjusted.

Thanks everybody.

I would say that there are many in the Guzzi community who would make it their first choice because of that.

thanks again for replies...if the bike tomorrow wont really take my breath i will go with the 13000, since first day i had a good feeling about the bike.

I see the relationships between guzzi owners are great.

Guys, the seller with the 1600km bike just called me that he had an accident at work and cant drive so i would have to come see the bike, its quite far etc.. thats not really the problem, it kind of seems like everything is pointing to the 13000 km bike :D
Lets assume the bike was taken care of really well, its 2015, its been in the official guzzi service. tires changed too, last check up at guzzi before the sale... It is considered very low mileage right? Im not planning on selling the bike that i get, thats why i am asking.. I am hoping to get a bike for life... i know that those conditions that ive mentioned are hypothesis (its my feeling that the bike was well taken care of and i will have all the service receipts, so lets assume).

Thanks!

I see the relationships between guzzi owners are great.

Guys, the seller with the 1600km bike just called me that he had an accident at work and cant drive so i would have to come see the bike, its quite far etc.. thats not really the problem, it kind of seems like everything is pointing to the 13000 km bike :D
Lets assume the bike was taken care of really well, its 2015, its been in the official guzzi service. tires changed too, last check up at guzzi before the sale... It is considered very low mileage right? Im not planning on selling the bike that i get, thats why i am asking.. I am hoping to get a bike for life... i know that those conditions that ive mentioned are hypothesis (its my feeling that the bike was well taken care of and i will have all the service receipts, so lets assume).

Thanks!

Hi qportx.

Sorry about all that. I hate that guy, he's a wanker, but, I just discovered the "Ignore" button, so all is well in the land of Milk and Honey!

Sounds like you have the one! Yes, the mileage is fine. If you feel that it was taken good care of and serviced properly, then really, that's all that matters. Go negotiate your best deal and bring it home!

Good Luck!

Hi qportx.

Sounds like you have the one! Yes, the mileage is fine. If you feel that it was taken good care of and serviced properly, then really, that's all that matters. Go negotiate your best deal and bring it home!

Good Luck!
Scott, thank you for all the help and everybody else. I hope i am making the right decision here! Will send pictures soon.

Scott, thank you for all the help and everybody else. I hope i am making the right decision here! Will send pictures soon.

qportx,

You are most welcome! Nobody ever went to their grave saying, "Damn, I wish I hadn't bought that motorcycle!" Come join in on the fun, you'll love it.

Last edited:
Sorry about all that.

You see, was that so hard to say? :angel:

Good Luck!

And we agree on something. :eek:

Looks like it's a new day. :party:

OP, have fun!

Kev

I've had no issues with my V7ll in a year and 2200 miles, though I admit it's early days. I'd always spent a bit more to get a warranty, just in case.

Hey qportx!

Did you get your bike? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL.

Cheers!
How you doing Scott.. In fact the bike will be delivered today, so its kind of like christmas for me... Im just eating plain rice the whole month to be able to pay for the garage as i dont want it to be left on the street. I will put clip ons and back plate removal right away and will send a picture...its stock yellow now so nothing fancy :)

Sorry to have an off-topic question but couldnt find it here.
Is it okay to put heat resistant wraps on the exhaust pipes with V7ii?

Back