• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service Light came on @550 miles. No issues found, bike acts fine.

hayadenny

Just got it firing!
On my way home from work, light came on. Oil level normal, voltage normal, plenty of fuel. Dealer is 150 miles away. Haul it or ride it?

Probably your first scheduled checkup light. They are mileage set. Not sure which bike you have but on a Norge you can check the codes and reset it yourself.

Probably your first scheduled checkup light. They are mileage set. Not sure which bike you have but on a Norge you can check the codes and reset it yourself.
My Joystick won't allow me to get to the diagnostic menu. I can get it to cycle the trip meters/mileage/max. speed and nothing more. it just displays "service" in huge letters. I phoned Moto-International, only one mechanic on today, so I'll ride a Honda for a few days. If you want a 560 mile Mahogany Norge with a new Cal-Sci windscreen and matching M-G top box, Let me know. I see a transport Company advertising $450. fee shipping to anywhere in the lower 48.

I would but I just bought a used 2012 and so far I've spent almost $4,000 in suspension, roller lifters and a reflash kit for it,
As for your menu. Since you just got the bike I will say the menu will drive you crazy till you get used to it. Push it sideways and hold it there a few seconds. I'm at work now and can't look but you will get a screen that says menu. Push in to choose that then you should be able to scroll to diagnostics. The directions are in the owners manual. You need the code which is here somewhere and written at home but once again I don't have it with me.
Hang in there. More than once I have thought about pitching a Guzzi but they grow on you. I also have a Honda and Suzuki backup.
You can also try disconnecting the battery for several minutes to reset everything.

I own a 2008 Norge and that service light comes on about once or twice a week. When I look for a code I can't find anything. If I start the bike and the service light comes on I just let it warm up a bit and turn the engine off. Then I get on the bike and level it, restart the engine and most of the time the light is off. Sometimes it takes a couple of times to go out. On my bike the light comes on when you turn the key on before the engine is started. It says service and the red low oil pressure light is on, well if the engine is not running it doesn't have any oil pressure. I just think it is one of those things my bike likes to do to drive me crazy. I have taken it to the dealer and he says nothing it wrong. Oil is on or just below the max line and I keep my bike on a battery maintainer. I would take it to the dealer just to be sure as every bike is different. Good luck

My vin is ZGULPU0078M114305, not in the range of 112208-112309. Todd would it still throw the service light and low oil pressure even if you don't start the bike?

My vin is ZGULPU0078M114305, not in the range of 112208-112309. Todd would it still throw the service light and low oil pressure even if you don't start the bike?
Service light could illuminate from a faulty sensor, and could also be the cause of the oil pressure. Are those marked in Active or Memory in the gauges Menu? The oil pressure sensor is temperamental on these years.

On my way home from work, light came on. Oil level normal, voltage normal, plenty of fuel. Dealer is 150 miles away. Haul it or ride it?
It must have been April Fool's Day in Italy when the "Service" light appeared. It went out Friday morning as I got to work. Bike's been running fine, no issues. Pretty glad it went out. The bike is a joy to ride.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

As Todd noted, the oil pressure sensor and its wiring in that period was problematic - I know, I've got one. Replacing the sensor will be helpful, but the long-range fix is to also replace the connector that attaches to the top of the oil pressure sensor. Do a search on the thread that details my kit for handling the wiring issue and (potential) change with the new design sensors.

Back