• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer 2014

Simon Vasquez

Just got it firing!
Hello to everyone, I have been reading about how to enhace the preformance of my racer, but I am a little lost with the terms and diferent thing I have to buy. So I will really apreciated if anyone can sugest me the necesary thing to buy. I am guessing that is: Fuelling, air filter, O2 aditament and exhaust. am I rigth?

To improve the performance without dismantling the engine, the most significant thing you can do is update the engine's ECU map using the GTRx ECU Tool and be sure the valves are adjusted properly. The next increment is to upgrade the exhaust system for a better flow (and a bit more engine note), but if you decide you want to do that, do it first and do the map update after.

I'm not sure that changing the air filter on the V7 will net much if any performance increase, although it may increase the engine sound by a bit. The stock airbox and filter does not seem all that restrictive, presuming that the filter is not clogged.

As kiwi dave said, all the bits you need are in the Guzzitech.com Store tab.

What kind of riding do you do?

The answer to your question depends a lot on what kind of riding you do and what you're imagining when you ask about increased performance.

Depending on how you answer this question will help people answer your question.
Perhaps Godfrey's answer was exactly what you were looking for, but there are other things that are worth considering.

First of all - get the GT-Rx ECU tool for fixing/adjusting the fuel map.
Where you go from there depends on you make use of the bike.

For instance, a stock V7I-II is rather underpowered, but if the type of riding that you do requires maneuverability and fast cornering, you could well see better performance out of your bike by upgrading the suspension and tires and/or the brakes rather than starting with engine upgrades. These may not seem like a "performance upgrade" at first, but even in the stock engine/exhaust configuration a V7 that stays better attached to the road is going to feel and perform a lot better than one that is on the stock suspension and bouncing around or bottoming out a lot. Likewise a better front brake is going to give you much better control through the turns and maneuvers. With these changes your average speeds will increase, you'll be faster through turns and the bike will simply be a lot more reliable and comfortable. Taking this into consideration these are solid performance upgrades that are worth considering before you only focus on the engine, air intake and exhaust.

As far as engine upgrades go, beyond what Godfrey mentioned, I would definitely consider the GT-Rx 820 big bore kit with ported heads. I mentioned in a different thread how impressive the ported Heron heads on Todd's V7II Stone were in terms of power delivery - the power delivery is even better when combined with 820 big bore kit (c.f. the 820 2V thread). But, if you really want to get the most out of the V7 engine, I can hands down recommend Todd's 820-4V kit. It's simply amazing ~ but I am not sure that he sells this without installation (you'll have to double check with him directly). With the 820-Quattrovalvole kit your bike will be making more RWHP than the V7III 820 kit (due to the 4V heads).

But anyway, seriously think about what type of riding you do and what you want the bike to be able to do. A bike that sticks to the road better due to upgraded suspension and tires and bike that brakes with one-finger control is going to perform much better than one that doesn't. These are definitely other performance upgrades worth thinking about as you consider how to improve your bike.

Heh heh ... I always think of "performance" as engine power delivery, to be addressed AFTER you've got the suspension/ergonomics sorted out properly. Getting the bike fitted just right for you, and the suspension optimized, is of course proper performance work too, as @Stradagene points out.

(I'd love to ride back to back a V7III 820cc kitted machine and a V7II 820cc quattrovalvola kitted machine ... Just to compare the differences. I also fantasize about taking a V7III motor apart and doing some real performance work to its engine: lightened, balanced crankshaft, stronger, lighter rods, 820cc pistons, and all the traditional types of 2v hemi-head work as well ... Just to see what could be gotten out of it that way. But that's my long dormant racer boy genes reawakening with every Racer ride... :D)

Back