• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 tail light & blinkers thread

anders

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
IMHO the blinkers/turn signals and tail is the only flaw in V7 design. Well the front turn signals could also be more "retro". It`s really shame that no manufacturer seems to do integrated tail light for V7 even that it screams for that and would be very simple to make. So please show me your blinkers and custom/aftermarket tail lights :)

Baak rear mudguard with a motone rear light and Motogadget indicators.
I've cut the rear carrier back a bit as well now as I just have a small peli case on it for the tyre repair kit and compressor (not shown)

Attachments

• IMG_20220706_152330-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220706_152330-01.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 16
Baak rear mudguard with a motone rear light and Motogadget indicators.
I've cut the rear carrier back a bit as well now as I just have a small peli case on it for the tyre repair kit and compressor (not shown)

How did you attach the indicators to Baak mudguard and how did you do the wiring route ? I have Baak mudguard waiting for installation but I haven`t figured out the indicator mounting and wiring yet. I bought it used and it came with brackets that install indicators to rear shock mounting point. I`m not going to install indicators there because they would be invisible with side cases attached.
I haven`t bought indicators yet. At first I thought buying Rizoma iRide indicators but they might look too big among the Baak taillight. Then I found Kellermann Atto indicators but they are very small :D Integrated taillight would be very nice in looking in V7 but I haven`t found any.

My front turn signals are integrated in mirrors and for rear I have a generic LED strip that I integrated into my bumstop. I'm rebuilding my rear end atm and changing LED strip because in a daylight ya can barely see when I'm braking. Brake lights are just not bright enough, I definitely want to be seen....

How did you attach the indicators to Baak mudguard and how did you do the wiring route ? I have Baak mudguard waiting for installation but I haven`t figured out the indicator mounting and wiring yet. I bought it used and it came with brackets that install indicators to rear shock mounting point. I`m not going to install indicators there because they would be invisible with side cases attached.
I haven`t bought indicators yet. At first I thought buying Rizoma iRide indicators but they might look too big among the Baak taillight. Then I found Kellermann Atto indicators but they are very small :D Integrated taillight would be very nice in looking in V7 but I haven`t found any.
I used the additional brackets offered by baak which attach to the back of the number plate for the indicators. The baak has a hole in it. At least I don't recall drilling it! The wiring goes from the light down through the guard then back towards the front, up through the hole and joins the loom under the seat. I extended the wiring, enclosed it in shrink wrap and secured it under the guard with zip ties secured to one of the light securing bolts and one of the guard securing bolts. So the rear loom is secured at both ends.
I was thinking of Kellerman but went with Motogadget which are very bright. Expensive though.

My front turn signals are integrated in mirrors and for rear I have a generic LED strip that I integrated into my bumstop. I'm rebuilding my rear end atm and changing LED strip because in a daylight ya can barely see when I'm braking. Brake lights are just not bright enough, I definitely want to be seen....

Nice looking setup, especially the rear. That seems to be the problem with led strips that you never know are they bright enough. I`m also going on the "safe side" and want to be seen in the traffic. Especially when the bike is black. There is branded led strips but they are very expensive. V7 has been in the markets so long that probably nobody isn`t going to make any kinda integrated taillight.

I used the additional brackets offered by baak which attach to the back of the number plate for the indicators. The baak has a hole in it. At least I don't recall drilling it! The wiring goes from the light down through the guard then back towards the front, up through the hole and joins the loom under the seat. I extended the wiring, enclosed it in shrink wrap and secured it under the guard with zip ties secured to one of the light securing bolts and one of the guard securing bolts. So the rear loom is secured at both ends.
I was thinking of Kellerman but went with Motogadget which are very bright. Expensive though.

Could you take more photos about your installation and picture straight from the back were taillight and indicators can be clearly seen ? All the quality indicators are pretty expensive, but it`s better to pay and to be seen than go with generic chinese ****.

Nice looking setup, especially the rear. That seems to be the problem with led strips that you never know are they bright enough. I`m also going on the "safe side" and want to be seen in the traffic. Especially when the bike is black. There is branded led strips but they are very expensive. V7 has been in the markets so long that probably nobody isn`t going to make any kinda integrated taillight.

Could you take more photos about your installation and picture straight from the back were taillight and indicators can be clearly seen ? All the quality indicators are pretty expensive, but it`s better to pay and to be seen than go with generic chinese ****.
For myself I have not changed any of the light housings. Just switched everything over to LED. Very bright now.

Mindis is our hands-on hack (in the best of ways)... so not sure what will apply to you.

That said, you are aware you are on a website Forum that is mostly used for Q&A to our sister website GTMotoCycles.com, yes? If not, we have dedicated info linked below and to the Store from there (also at the top of every page here). Understand that product sales help support this website, as do donations. Please read the top scrolling paragraphs.

Not at you anders, but I have to say, I just love when my website is used to support other companies and their substandard products; Sorry, BAAK is.
I sure hope 1% of those that have sites that have Forums talk about this one as much as everyone takes people off this site.
I am happy to see you say you prefer to purchase quality LEDs. We sell the best. Most refuse to purchase from us despite the help here. End.

That said, you are aware you are on a website Forum that is mostly used for Q&A to our sister website GTMotoCycles.com, yes? If not, we have dedicated info linked below and to the Store from there (also at the top of every page here). Understand that product sales help support this website, as do donations. Please read the top scrolling paragraphs.

Not at you anders, but I have to say, I just love when my website is used to support other companies and their substandard products; Sorry, BAAK is.
I sure hope 1% of those that have sites that have Forums talk about this one as much as everyone takes people off this site.
I am happy to see you say you prefer to purchase quality LEDs. We sell the best. Most refuse to purchase from us despite the help here. End.

My english ain`t the best so I`m not sure did I understand everything 100% right but I understand your point of view. I`m well aware of connection of guzzitech and & GTM and realise that you are making this for living. Many of your products are unique and I`m sure without the doubt that they are top quality (even though haven`t owned any). I have browsed many times through your shop and will order products like SAS delete when it`s the time. This forum is absolutely the best Guzzi-forum in the web. That`s why I registered here in the first place.

What comes to the rear fender/tail tidy it`s the small things that make big differences to us who like to customize (little) our bikes. For me it was that I didn`t want to remove the whole fender, I just wanted a shorter one. I was ready to cut it myself even though I usually don`t mod stock parts and rather buy new ones. Just in case if my mind ever changes.

Like I said before this is the best Guzzi-forum and I really appreciate all the work that keeping this up takes, all the knowledge that is shared here and all unique parts that can`t be bought anywhere else. I would still like to tell you my point of view if that opens up things from my view. I understand that it`s not O.K to discuss about products that compete with the products that GTM is selling but could there be half-way where the products that GTM isn`t offering would be allowed to discuss ? I mean if they aren`t competing with GTM products there is no harm. I`m also pretty sure that people living in the US will rather order from you than from anywhere in the EU. The taxes just make it sure that it is not reasonable.
This forum could bring all the Guzzist to same place regardless of the country. For us living outside the US it`s pretty impossible to order valuable products from GTM (because of the taxes and it`s not your fault) and if we can only discuss about products sold by GTM we can only use the knowledge parts of the forum. We Guzzist are pretty small group and times like these need more getting to together than separating.

For example the SAS delete kit final price for me will be ~250$ because they take taxes also from shipping costs. Probably not a big deal for most people but for the broke people like me it is :D

Back