• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After market exhaust

Here's a pic of the Finnish importer's demo Stelvio, it has a Mistral exhaust. So apparently they are available.

proatt.php

Hey Todd,

I picked up a Mistral as well. Too loud for me, so I put the original can back on. No reason I couldn't ride with the Mistral for a while though and let you borrow the OEM can, especially if it gives us more options for big Stella. Let me know.

hooiberg wrote:
Mistral has one too. I've tried one for a few days. Very nice sound, but for me too loud. So I sell it again. Anybody interested?
uitlaat_kleiner.jpg

Hi Hooiberg, I PM ed you but no reply...

Mistral also makes a conical carbon fiber one with a machined aluminum cap. MG Cycle shows them on their website. Put one on a couple weeks ago. Weather still too poor to ride, so no test yet. ;-((

John in PA wrote:
Mistral also makes a conical carbon fiber one with a machined aluminum cap. MG Cycle shows them on their website. Put one on a couple weeks ago. Weather still too poor to ride, so no test yet. ;-((

John,

Did you say your Mistral has a baffle inside? And did you get yours from MG Cycle?

The Mistral has a dB reducer, a stainless, roughly funnel-shaped cone drilled with multiple approximately 3/8" holes. Maybe 5" overall length. I enlarged some of the holes and added a ring of extra holes in the tapered portion of the funnel. It's retained with one socket head screw at 6 o'clock.

I'm surprised at the folks that thought it was too loud. I wonder if theirs were shipped without the baffle.

That does appear to be the case. Mine did not come with a baffle. John, can you post a picture?

I sent a note to MG-Cycle asking about it.

Here's a pic of the Mistral baffle. I enlarged the hole that's dead center, and added the holes around the periphery of the baffle.
The buttonhead retaining screw is visible at 6 o'clock.

givi%20spyder--stelvio%20014.jpg

Hi John

I do like the look of the Mistral Carbon Conical pipe, but how does it sound?
Louder, deeper, raspier go on give us a clue or better still tape it and post it:)

Loftyjohn

I regret to say that winter weather and lousy road conditions have prevented me from taking the Stelvio out since installing. But I have Mistrals on several other Guzzi's, so I'm expecting good things. Usual Mistral sound is deep, vibrant, not "barky", that swells to an orchestral crescendo when climbing a grade at about 5000 RPM. Absolutely symphonic!! (Serious snarl without the baffle, though, for me, more than I care for)

givi%20spyder--stelvio%20023.jpg

Hi,

I would like to buy a Mistral exhaust for my Stelvio. Mistral Italie said me the steel model is 1,8kg, how much less than the original one? They sell it 300€ to exportation.
Everybody coments about the noise but nobody write about the performance of the Mistral. Is there a real diference of torque and power with the OEM? Mistral Italie don't send me the comparative curves. They say: BIG diference. Is it Spaghetti marketing?
Are there others alternatives? Akrapovic, Mivv, Termignioni, GPR, Yoshimura, Leovince have no exhaust for my queen.
What is the mecanic and electronic diference between the Griso 1200 8V 110hp and the Stelvio 105hp?

Thanks for your answers.

Bonne route

I don't know the actual weight of the original exhaust as I sent it to RacerX to use as a pattern for a Guzzitech replacement soon to be available. I'd guess that the carbon fiber Mistral weighs 1/4 as much as the original easily. FAR LESS visual bulk as well.

As far as performance gains, I only have Mistral's word to go on for that. I haven't heard of anyone dyno-ing a Stelvio with and without factory exhaust yet(??)

Due to the relative rarity of the Guzzi's in general, I doubt that you'll find a wide range of manufacturers offeing aftermarket exhausts for the Big S. Usually it's Mistral, Staintune, and maybe Stucchi. If you've got a talented tube bender nearby, I bet you could fit a variety of others as well. And, RacerX (Guzitech) intends to offer one as well!

Some informations directly from Micheli Mistral:
the Mistral silencer is available racing and homologated.The racing
version is total open,the homologated have db-eater removable.
For the someone customer is good open,for other is good with db-killer,for other is good with db-killer with big hole,not is easy for me.
So,is available the racing version with baffle removable,or road approved with baflle removable,so that the customer choose the just
version for his use.I think for you is very good the version racing with db-killer.the noise is low,then if you remove db-killer the noise increase.The weight carbon version is 1,650 kg.,the cost is 350 euros. The steel model is 1,8kg and 300 euros
I think the gasolina 98 octane is better. It's not necessary re-mapped ECU,in 2/300km the carburation is perfect. 300km it's the time of lambda for correct the carburation but don't happen nothing in the while. The torque is very better Vs original,and is much better all power.

So there are 8 models (4 in carbon, 4 in steel), racing or homologated, with or without baffle.
Imposible to have curves of power and torque, just words!!!! I insisted and wait for the answer. Sure they have the mesure of torque and power, it is there job. All exhaust builders show the graphics.

Drive safe!!!

????? Don't forget, it's Italian... Might not get all you'd expect from, say, the Germans or the Japanese.:unsure: ;)

Back