• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BB TONTI REGISTRY and pic thread

Ive been trying to get him to sell it to me for a long time. I wouldnt have to do a ground up restoration if I had got it 10 years ago. But as you can see. its been sitting for a while now. I plan to return it to its former glory.
I agree with you. I defenitely plan get raid of the Honda fairing. Works well, but It hides the beauty of the bike. Also you need to remember to move your fingers out of the way if you crank the handle bar all the way over. There is not enough clearanceaand you end up squishing your fingers.

The tricky part with getting raid of the fairing, will be to find a light bucket. I cant imagine theres a ton of those just kicking around looking for a home.

I didnt realize that the V7 Sport was a rare beast.
I realize this is an older post 2+ years.....that is a Hannigan fairing, not Honda . it also has a special mounting bracket for the Toni frame. If you still have it don't let it go to the trash, I love aftermarket fairings, Ive got a Hannigan (on a BMW r100 and a Vesco Rabid Transit w/lowers waiting on a G5 or 850T3FB) and it is a wonderful fairing, maybe not on a V7 but someone is looking for one.

I realize this is an older post 2+ years.....that is a Hannigan fairing, not Honda . it also has a special mounting bracket for the Toni frame. If you still have it don't let it go to the trash, I love aftermarket fairings, Ive got a Hannigan (on a BMW r100 and a Vesco Rabid Transit w/lowers waiting on a G5 or 850T3FB) and it is a wonderful fairing, maybe not on a V7 but someone is looking for one.

Thank you for the information on the fairing. I went with the information my step dad gave me, which is obviously wrong.

Unfortunately, I still have not touched the bike... Due to the fact I live in a condo, I have nowhere to work on a bike restoration project at the moment. I want to avoid paying a shop to rebuild the entire bike. As it is cost exorbitant. I was quoted at least US$10K just to get the bike roadworthy with no cosmetic restoration work. And upward of US$40 000 for a complete rebuilt to concours standards. At that point I may as well go buy me a 1971 Telaio Rosso.

Also at the moment I keep finding ways to spend my money customizing my 2021 V7 Centenario. Bunch of parts going for powdercoating this winter. Hopefully by next summer i am done spending money on this one.

Thank you for the information on the fairing. I went with the information my step dad gave me, which is obviously wrong.

Unfortunately, I still have not touched the bike... Due to the fact I live in a condo, I have nowhere to work on a bike restoration project at the moment. I want to avoid paying a shop to rebuild the entire bike. As it is cost exorbitant. I was quoted at least US$10K just to get the bike roadworthy with no cosmetic restoration work. And upward of US$40 000 for a complete rebuilt to concours standards. At that point I may as well go buy me a 1971 Telaio Rosso.

Also at the moment I keep finding ways to spend my money customizing my 2021 V7 Centenario. Bunch of parts going for powdercoating this winter. Hopefully by next summer i am done spending money on this one.
I sympathize, I'm in nearly the same situation! You have to make a friend who lives in in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows :)

My current living space at least has a covered area, but interesting neighbours:

20231028 120835

Let me know if you'd like to discuss splitting a little shop space, it's something I've been considering. It can get expensive though, like every other kind of space in the area.

I recently purchased a 2003 California Stone.
I have a few questions but I’ll look around for answers before posting a question, I’m sure my questions have been answered numerous times. Here’s a couple pics of the bike.
VIN ZGUKDD0183M111161
Purchased on 10-21-23
Mileage showing is 8034 (odometer is broken).
PA title notes first registered in PA in 2005, previous owner noted he purchased in 2003 (he was in the military so most likely purchased in another state). I live in Kingston, PA.

9961B76D 5947 4D18 9BD7 8223C52161E3 3E159EA0 1D4A 4357 A831 DE5DE7242B80

Last edited:
January 2024 update on my life with this bike:
over the summer I broke down a few times, essentially due to ancient wiring and spark plug wires. The spark plug wires eluded me for a long time, because when the weather was dry the bike ran fine, but wet weather sent more spark into the chassis than that reaching the plugs. Took a while to realize that. Looking on the bright side I broke down at the top of a bicycle/pedestrian corridor which led all the way back downhill 3km to my work. Carbs and engine performance seem to be topnotch. The engine burns blue on start-up but clears up after a few minutes. I have retorqued the cylinder heads which helped reduce the smoke for a while but realize I will have to replace the head gaskets and seals. However it runs great and we've had a very mild relatively dry fall and winter, so I just keep riding because it is so enjoyable on this bike.

The Mille's in the states all had tubed spokes. somebody might have changed out your wheels for the cast. Good move.
In other parts of the world Mille came with the alloy cast wheels. Not just one type, but two types of cast wheels, these ones are less used ones.
Other type is here:
motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/moto guzzi/moto_guzzi_mille_1000_gt 87.htm

Well I spoke too soon. Today I bought a stunningly beautiful mint condition 1989 Mille GT with 2,427 original miles. I will have to reseal the motor and gearbox but I know a mechanic who works cheap! 😆

I’ve lusted for one since the day I walked into Pro Italia in Glendale and saw a brand new 1989 in red just like this one. At $6995 back then, at my age, it was truly a pipe dream.

Now, I’m reliving my youth!

God help me…

IMG 3846 IMG 3847 IMG 3852 IMG 3857

IMG 3914

Last edited:
Wow, Nice, Scott, I burped more than a few of those to life when new. Only 1 caution, use a Bosch Dizzy not the flat top electronic unit w/1 pick up. No adjustment between cyls. It will always be a bit off of sync, single pick up is 89.5*. Pulled my hair and finally checked w/degree wheel, yes every one was wonky. Most owners have a Bosch + Dyna3
I have a real good carb set up for those that don't fart & sneeze.

Well, there she sits outside the Shangri-La workshop.

Next stop, complete engine, gearbox and transmission reseal. This is going to be an adventure! 😄👍👌

DOP: 2/26/24

1989 Moto Guzzi Mille GT

VIN: ZGUVHBVT4KM100267

Odometer: 2427 original miles, completely bone stock as the day she was built, and near concourse level condition.

Stored indoors for the last 30 years, she will be the finest one in the world, hands down without question, when I finish with her.

She is 10x the one I saw at the factory museum in Mandello del Lario.

How these beautiful survivors come to me with almost no mileage to speak of, is just mind boggling to me, but God knows, I am so grateful for it. 😄🥳🙏

IMG 3914

Last edited:
ZGUKDD0184M111419. 2004 Stone Touring Unknown mileage.

Bacongrease in Iowa

My Le Mans and my wife's 1000S. (We met at the MG rally in West Virginia in '95 on these bikes.) We did about 5000 miles last summer. most of it in the rain. cheers.

IMG 1652 IMG 1654

1990 California III Carenato Integrale. Puchased Labor Day weekend '23. Almost finished a total refurb. Plan to ride it to the National in John Day, OR. VIN: ZGUVWBVT2LM300054. 45k miles.

Cal III comes home 039

Early 1969 V750 Ambassador. Owned longer than any other vehicle. Purchased in April of '97 with 36,360 miles on it. Now has 111,000+ miles. Has had the top-end rebuilt (@ 56k miles) and rear drive resealed (@ 98k miles), but the bottom end and transmission have never been apart. Original clutch and u-joint even. In this photo it has just turned over 100k miles. It's currently "mothballed", but I hope to have it back on the road late this year. VIN: A12212.

100k miles 002

There are five others to add at some point. :)

Back