• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva/Norge/Sport - Bar Risers de Oz

Re:Breva/Norge Bar Risers de Oz

Didn't see your complete reply to my remark, Mike. I'll have a look, I guess I could just find or make an outline of the current plastic cover...

Hi Vizir ... welcome here! I replied to your email before noticing you signed up here!

Re:Breva/Norge Handle Bar Risers de Oz

G'Day Vizir, Welcome to the forum that's a long line of Guzzis you've owned!

We are just tweaking the design and making sure the tool paths are as good as can be, should be completed next weekend and then I can add up the damage and see how much they owe me. Final info next week...

Man this CNC machining thing is a bottomless pit - went to the machining toy shop yesterday for a micrometer and Starrett edge finder so I can easliy set the x/y origin and came away with some explaining to The Minister to do :blink:

René an outline would be a great start.

Installed the GPS mount today - excellent. The mount is a techmnout unit and was previously fitted to a custom mod that I made up to fit it in the hex hole in the centre of the triple clamp, the new mounting point is much better, more stable and gives more room to reach around top get at the swiches.

Mount base goes here.

Mike, I had a look at the plastic plate covering the triple clamp on the Norge. It basically fits around the bar risers, following more or less the line where on the Breva the dashboard base plate folds upwards (i.e. just above the row of switches): it also goes around the key cylinder. It's fixed with smallish hex bolts at about the 11 and 13 hour position on the triple clamp, I presume that on the Breva the dashboard base plate is fixed there. On the rear, it just folds around and under the triple clamp, between the bar risers. Is that enough description for you to come up with an idea how to fill up the space or should I take pictures?

Ever noticed your speedometer is somewhat optimistic? :silly:

Yeah pics would be good.

At the moment the speedo reads that speed even when I am doing the ton, gives me an excuse when pulled over - "but ocifer my speedo says I was doing lees than 10".

For the last few months I've been using the GPS speedo - it's more accurate anyway.

But how can I get the Norge bars closer to me too, being of short arms?
You have done a fantastic job of the risers Mike, but I need more!

Hmmm, now you're askin! But as it happens I have an idea - stay tuned!

I was thinking of using the standard bar clamps for the 1200S, and finding some bars which would then give me the position I want. Thought that might be more simple.
The bars would have to be higher if they are to come further back due to the proximity of the tank on full lock.

Wasn't there someone who'd put on the handlebars from a California? That would give rise and reduction of distance...

Breva with the crap fuel mapping that makes it pink in Summer, switch gear that stops working in the rain, instruments that leak and then fog up at the most inconvenient moments, a speedo that has never been properly calibrated and continually reads about 10% high, stupid horn button which is where the indicator switch should have been and makes for regular tooting when negotiating corners, crappy seat that needed lotsa dollars for a redesign to prevent continual gonad shape adjustment by squashing them into the tank, front suspension that feels like it was made by Cadillac in 1954, a centre stand that scrapes when you even look around a corner, front brake rotor mounts that are installed at the factory by an imbecile with gorilla arms who makes them so tight that they cause brake pulsing and quite possibly rotor warp, a clutch master cylinder that leaks, rear vision mirrors that vibrate, an engine management computer that is so voltage sensitive that if the battery is more than a week old and drops voltage by a poofteenth it locks the starter out of the circuit thereby stranding the owner on the morning of an important ride when the weather is perfect, and lastly badges with the Guzzi logo on them glued to the tank that are so poorly made that they are corroding from the inside out and look like they are from a bike made last century rather than a bike that is only 3 years old.

Yikes.. Hope it's an OZ thing.

Ok after all the "good" news back to the bar risers.

Here is the solution on the new 1200 Sport made by Luigi from Mandello Italy:

I've just discovered that the 1200S bars are 1 inch at the clamps, so I wouldn't be able to go that route without either finding bars which taper down to 7/8 or change all the switchgear etc, which I'm not even thinking about.

I had this problem on a bike years ago, so used some thin steel strip to pack out the gap between the 1" clamp and the 7/8 bars.
worked a treat. :)

I've wrapped the bars with synthetic rubber in much the same situation. 1mm Butynol is what I used. The bars were gripped really well and maybe the rubber helped smooth vibes too.

Back