RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Corbin Seat on A 2016 Eldorado

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by rcbimmer, Mar 15, 2018.

1. rcbimmer

rcbimmer Just got it firing!

Does anyone know if the 1400 California Corbin seat will work on an Eldorado? I really would like a riders backrest. Got used to one on my Victory Cross County Tour. Thanks.

2. Garwood

Garwood Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have a Corbin saddle on my 2016 Eldo but in order to make it work I had to put on a Hepco rack to replace the stock one. My rack has no backrest to accommodate a top box, but Hepco does make one with a backrest. The first attached photo is my Eldo with the Corbin saddle and the backless Hepco rack. The second is a Hepco rack with backrest and a California touring saddle (I don't recommend the MG seat. The Corbin is much better). This is one set up by Moto International in Seattle.
    Garwood IMG_20171210_143637.jpg original-84515-3836-img_0427.jpg

3. rcbimmer

Thanks for the pictures. Would go with the Corbin just to get the backrest for myself. Your bike look really good!

4. rcbimmer

Forgot to ask but how does the Corbin attach to the bike? Do I need to buy anything extra? Thanks.

5. Garwood

Garwood Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

It attaches the same as the stock saddle.

6. rcbimmer

Thanks. I see a big hit to the savings account!

7. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Tuned and Synch'ed

FWIW if you plan to fit a Corbin Touring type saddle to your Eldorado then you will need a touring rear seat hand rail,
    The Eldo rear seat perch is different and the Corbin/ Factory touring seat wont fit on it.

That said you can also get the Comfort seat for the MGX 21 and put it on the Eldorado,
    Its a strait fit, and runs about 159.00

The rear bolster isnt as big but its seat foam is stiffer than the Eldo seat,
    and the bolster covering area is covered in Perforated Alcantera type material,
    and its embroidered with MOTO GUZZI.
    I like this seat BUT I want to try the Corbin.

I am still looking for Corbin touring seat,
    I already have the touring handrail I found it on E bay.

8. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I have a Touring handrail that was removed from the bike on purchase as I had the top box and rack fitted. Never thought about selling it but could be tempted if there is any interest.

9. Motor2172

Motor2172 Just got it firing!

10. Motor2172

I see Corbin makes a driver and passenger saddle for the MGX21. I asked them if the driver portion will fit an Eldo. Said they haven’t tested it yet. Sure looks like it will fit.

11. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Tuned and Synch'ed

the 1400 touring seat will fit an Eldo IF..

you replace the rear passenger handle grab bar with the touring version .

NOTE the Eldo grab rail is completely different and the touring seat will not fit

NOTE the MGX 21 comfort/stiffer driver seat will also fit an Eldorado without any mods this seat is about 186.00
    NOTE the stock Eldo seat has a bigger rear shoulder bolster and has a softer foam than the MGX 21 comfort saddle,
    also the Eldo stocker has stiching that passes under the drivers legs, it wont be long before this stitching is fraying from your legs rubbing on it.
    NOTE I have MGX 21 seat on my Eldo the seat fit and latched onto my bike straight our of the box

12. Motor2172

Thanks for the info

13. rcbimmer

IMG_3079.jpeg IMG_3084.jpeg

Well I finally got around to ordering a Corbin for the Eldorado. I choose the bomber jacket look instead of solid black. Very happy how it turned out much more comfortable to ride now. What do you think?

PaulDavies, John L and Meldrew like this.
  14. Robert Gibson

Very nice, prefer the bomber jacket myself as well. I also like the standard backrest (without the hole).

Meldrew likes this.
  15. Meldrew

Meldrew Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Ooh liking that, I was looking at the mgx seats with the red stitching (i have a red Eldorado)to keep the seperate seat option. Did you have to modify the fittings at all to take the dual seat.

16. rcbimmer

I had to buy the rear rack from a California to be able to attach the Corbin. I like having the rack it's a great place for my small tail bag.

17. rcbimmer

Did my first trip with the Corbin. Did a 900 mile weekend up to Savannah Ga. The difference in the Corbin with the back rest and heat totally transformed the Eldorado. Best upgrade I did with this bike! IMG_3230.JPG

18. Robert Gibson

From the various posts I have read it appears that if you do extended mileage and can justify the cost, Corbin appears to be the way to go, although others have commented about it’s lack of waterproofing capabilities. I personally prefer the look of the Eldorado with the two piece seat but as I don’t own one it is purely an opinion.
    For other Eldorado owners reading, if the rider backrest is an important factor and you want to retain the stock seat talk to Bob at Utopia.

19. Robebop

Robebop Tuned and Synch'ed

How does the back rest work as such, is it always there making you more posture correct or do you only feel it when you push back into it?

20. rcbimmer

It keeps my posture correct and I do like leaning back into it to stretch out if needed. I always felt like I was slumping down with the stock seat if I rode more than an hour or so. My BMW K75S came with a no cost option Corbin when I bought her back in 93. Have always liked the Corbin.