Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Corbin seat owners, please reassure me!

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Sleekmachine, Aug 16, 2015.

1. James Chance

James Chance Cruisin' Guzzisti

Kjon likes this.
  2. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Seat has a new home. Thanks Jim

James Chance likes this.
  3. Curt Russell

Curt Russell Tuned and Synch'ed

Sorry for the confusion. I just figured they would save the mold, and since it was an improvement over the existing one, continue to use it. Sorry also I don't have a name for you. I think maybe they treat you different after you take the time to ride a couple hundred miles and bring your bike in. They were great to me.

4. Curt Russell

No actualy that is some kind of an illusion. The tank covers are actually chrome and they look black in the picture. Also the top of the seat is just as black as the rest of the bike but looks different in the picture. I don't know what caused that unless it was the lighting.

5. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

No worries....which factory did you take it to? Apparently they have two facilities. I could give them a call and find out.....

6. Curt Russell

The one in Hollister ca.

7. xchristian

xchristian Just got it firing!

Hollister location was VERY UNHELPFUL, called Florida's and things were awesome. Hollister wouldn't do passenger backrest. Called Florida location and they did it with no problems. Florida also charged $750.00 less for shipping. Just got seat, quick photos attached. Only issue is mine has "older" covers for backrest holes .

Attached Files:

north2south likes this.
  8. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

My wife bought a new Corbin saddle for my Le Mans 2 . Looked perfect . 2 months
    later we put the bike away and rode my other Guzzi . It was so damn hard and uncomfortable
    even after 2 months that we literally have not ridden that bike since . Peter

9. Curt Russell

My buddy complained to Corbin that his was too hard and they told him to bring it in and they would fix it. He did and he is happy now.

10. Moto-Uno

Good news , but , I recently got myself an Eldorado and it's gonna sit a bit longer :( . Peter

11. Luca Bandinelli

Luca Bandinelli Just got it firing!

So.. my Corbin arrives tomorrow .. no backrest for the passenger which is kind of a problem for me as I also have the MG rack and no longer have a way to apply the sissy bar or any other sissy bar without getting rid of the back rack (which I don't want to). Do you guys can think of any alternative here?

12. xchristian

I have their back rest. They have been kinda rude, but the backrest works

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 12:37 AM
  13. Luca Bandinelli

How did you do that? did you have to drive to their factory? Or were you able to do that via phone? The bigger question here is: as the seat is already done and will be delivered to me today, can be retrofitted with the extra backrest?

14. xchristian

I'm sorry, I had them make mine like that (I had posted about it above), and assumed yours was made the same. Corbin is hit or miss. The FL branch did the seat with rest no issues. CA wouldn't try unless you were in the factory (CA also wanted $750 more to ship via USPS). I will say if you call (they DO NOT EVER respond to email), try a couple times at both locations--you get different answers depending on who you talk to. They might be able to rework it. Florida has been decent, but the last guy I spoke to was (hopefully) having a bad day...he was ruder than any retailer i've seen in years.

IF that doesn't work, Have you considered putting a top case on? Both the MG Top Cases have back rests. The cheaper one is a fancier version of the Shad SH50 Top Case. Both have cushions. I have both if you need photos. Only concern is i have NOT figured out how to reinforce the rack so it doesn't get its signature break.

15. Luca Bandinelli

Seat arrived... and I 've to say that besides the missing backrest for the passenger.. it's quite nice

Attached Files:

16. xchristian

The seat
    Like the colors, looks really good.

Luca Bandinelli likes this.
  17. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Nice looking seat.

Luca Bandinelli likes this.
  18. Moto-Uno