Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Cracked Cal 14 Exhaust Parts

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Didier

Didier Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have 15200km. What year is yoyr bike?

2. Bouts

Bouts Tuned and Synch'ed

Didier likes this.
  3. Didier

Didier Cruisin' Guzzisti

I don't see any 2017 with a cracked exaust, I keep my fingers cross.

4. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yes I remember lots of posts from guys with early 2014 biked who had cracked pipes - anyone had one on a 2016 or later - I don't recall reading anything. Maybe they reinforced or changed something in the factory (fingers crossed and all that)

Didier likes this.
  5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Nothing has changed. I imagine 2017+ models will see the same issues in time. I'll put (one or two) products on the shelf until the need is gone. All of my 1400 offerings have been slow sellers... almost not worth the time, effort and $ I've put in.

6. sir fred

sir fred Cruisin' Guzzisti

After reading that the Cali 1400 was going to be discontinued,I became concerned with a future crack. I was going to purchase Todd's H-pipe and some mufflers. After some emails with Todd, I ended up purchasing the full system. I am super pleased with my purchase and after removing the old pipes was glad I did...this is the old H-pipe.the best way to remove the old system is with a sawsall...I highly recommend changing it if you are going to keep your bike.

IMG_4087.JPG

roadventure and GT-Rx® like this.
  7. sir fred

sir fred Cruisin' Guzzisti

this my new system...very clean looking!

66289397_3222247194466953_7089175840847560704_n (1).jpg

8. Curt Russell

Curt Russell Tuned and Synch'ed

I went with Todd’s full system also. Not only did it make the bike run much better and solve the cracked pipe issue, it got rid of that annoying tinny sound made by the pipe heat shields. That sound was driving me nuts. I had them torqued with lock tight but I could still always hear a vibration.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    GT-Rx® and sir fred like this.
  9. blakbird

blakbird Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Like Curt I went with the full system, polished stainless steel headers and cross pipe.

Todd worked some magic with the mounting brackets for the Stainless Steel Shorty Zards. The rear wheel of my '14 Cali Custom can now be removed without dismantling half the rear end.

Should be interesting to see how time is saved with the next tire change.

Oh yeah the Shorty Zards were installed along with the full Fuel Mod package.

Better response, better performance, better sound and much better looking than the stock system.

She needs a bath and will need new tires soon.

Zards.jpg

GT-Rx® and Curt Russell like this.
  10. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice, but out of interest why the Zards as opposed to Todd’s full system or did you have them fitted prior to replacing the headers.

11. blakbird

I already had the Zards. Purchased shortly after the Fuel Mod system was installed. Todd provided updated map.

The polished SS headers and cross pipe are the essential finishing touches.

I Forgot to mention that Todd also worked other magic on the Zards. Removing all traces of the heat shield brackets.

12. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

THAT has got to be the biggest benefit of the short mufflers.

James Chance and Didier like this.
  13. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

+1.

14. blakbird

After the improved "breathing" and increased Torque / HP yep!

Right up there with scaring the p!@s out of a cager that won't park in the middle of the road behind my parking space in a near empty parking lot.
    When gentle blips on the twin Fiams didn't get his attention. The highly audible bark from the Zards did the job.

15. cgaulzetti

cgaulzetti Just got it firing!

my full system arrived yesterday for my Audace. This is the best looking exhaust I've ever seen. The welds are perfect- the finish is great, and the fit and finish is great. I'm a bit of a whore for cool exhausts- I spent so much time researching the best exhausts for my Aprillia and my Harley- eventually going with an Arrow Ti system for the former and an RB Racing system for my Street Bob. For the Audace- I literally spent 30 seconds researching- and got the best exhaust ever. I can't wait to see how it sounds and performs especially with Todd's feuling kit that also arrived yesterday.

PaulDavies and GT-Rx® like this.
  16. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Would love to see pictures and hear the sound when installed.

17. roadventure

I did purchase and install Todd's H-Pipe on my stock exhaust and expect many happy years of riding to come.

FYI, IF you ever need to remove the full system you bought from Todd you may find that cutting will be the way to go. Heat and time does wonderful thing in helping metal pieces bond together (even stainless steel...).

18. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Not sure what you mean here, as I've uninstalled systems I've built from 12 years ago with no issues. That and nothing a squirt of Kroil or eq won't undo.

James Chance and Mark Pintar like this.
  19. roadventure

Only my experience trying to disassemble exhaust systems after years of use. ("your mileage may vary...")

20. James Chance

James Chance Cruisin' Guzzisti

They will ALL come apart with enough effort. Obviously some here disagree...;-)