• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi service stand questions

kiwi dave said:
Any chance of a picture showing how the stand attaches to the rear wheel? Is there any possibility of it slipping out when the bike is up on the stand?
Dave, I don't have any pics, but you remove the plastic cover on the wheel, and slip the end into the center of the rim. I'd say it's twice as stable as any of the other stands. Downside is that you cannot remove the rear wheel.

GT-Rx said:
Dave, I don't have any pics, but you remove the plastic cover on the wheel, and slip the end into the center of the rim. I'd say it's twice as stable as any of the other stands. Downside is that you cannot remove the rear wheel.

I looked into this method for my 1200 Sport, but was not confident that the pin on the stand would stay in the center, with obvious disaster results. Instead, I opted to use bobbins, and a more conventional stand. Love to see your version in action.

I have the Guzzi service stand and it's a simple one person affair to put the Griso on and off the stand. Very easy to use from the side stand side of the bike and very stable.

All the best,

Mark

This stand rocks. I was able to locate and buy a used-once one from another wildguzzi member. The bobbins installed in minutes and the stand lifts the bike effortlessly with one person. If you can get one, I'd suggest you do.

Attachments

• zstand2.jpg
    zstand2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 873
  • zstand.jpg
    zstand.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 876
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 815
I just received one of these stands. Good thing someone posted the pdf of the installation. Once the bobbins are in, is there any reason to remove them? Unless selling or do they get in the way? Also one post mentioned they do not raise the bike high enough. I want to remove my rear wheel. Last time I did this I had to cut off the rear of the fender and deflate the the tire to get the wheel in place. Will this be necessary? Which would be better front wheel removal first or second?

my rear wheel comes right off with the factory stand, you do have to remove muffler though

ps I have never removed bobbins

Hi,

I still use the "Becker-Technik" stand. B)
It's a easy to use stand and after my bobbins modification I really find it very, very reliable.
I wrote about it in this topic:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/188/57 ... ce%20stand
Here is the "Becker-Technik" stand mounted at my G12.

I use this Wheel Wrench to make it very easy to lift up my G12.

I do that in this way... The fabulous legs belong to the model... me. :mrgreen:

And in this way I use the same Wheel Wrench to secure the bike.
Not even a earthquake wil get my G12 from the stand... ;)

The rear wheel comes off really easy, within a few seconds... Remove rear caliper first...
And with a mechanical jack under the engine, I can easely remove the front wheel.
Remove the brake calipers and axle. And I can remove the wheel.

Ad B

Okay everything came off with no drama. Just need to bring in wheels for tire change.
When reinstalling front wheel is there a specific order to do things. Like reattach calipers, axle, tighten pinch bolts tighten axle nut?
I was able to remove rear tire without removing exhaust, but it would probably be easier to take it off before reinstalling wheel. Just remove exhaust clamp and the two bolts near the rear passenger pegs?

I like your method for assuring the bike isn't accidentally pushed forward. I don't use a front wheel stand with my Becker, and your 'lock' would make it very secure while I'm wrestling a rear wheel off or on.

Bob

PS - I haven't made the stand mods you showed in an earlier post, but I do make certain the Becker stand is firmly attached to the Griso. It seems like it helps to tighten the stand's wing nuts a bit, then pivot the stand up and down (while Griso is still on the side stand). When/if the stand feels loose, I'll tighten a few more turns and do the same thing again until I'm certain the stand is pulled tightly against the Griso mounting points.

I'm pleased with the operation of my Becker Technik stand.

Back