• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mindis V7-850 Mods

Rubber dampeners ordered, holes at oil pan is M8 :) I found the ones that has one end male and another female, at the belly pan it'll still be flush with countersink bolts.
Before starting fins I had to trim bottom hole a bit coz it was too close to exhaust's H member:

Since I can't get a good access with my rotary tool it'll be all manual work with files to make fins fit...

Rubber dampeners ordered, holes at oil pan is M8 :) I found the ones that has one end male and another female, at the belly pan it'll still be flush with countersink bolts.
Very good! I was looking for those guys to hang my instrument panel...(M6)
👊

Shock mount washers, take 2 :)
I wasn't sure what type of 2-part mold making silicone I got so I reinforced my mold with toothpicks:

But apparently I didn't need any reinforcement coz that silicone is pretty stiff when set.

Parts came out effortless and looking sharp:

There was still tiny air bubbles that was trapped, it's because I used 15-20mm carbon chop strands that were a bit too big for such a small part. I'll get smaller strands for smaller parts, like upcoming axle sliders :)

OMG, I saved whole 10gr for both parts!!! Unbefekinleavable!!!😲 MotoGP teams atm are fighting for me to make them washers!!! :D:D:D

Damn boy… Pretty soon you have to bolt on some lead bars on it to get any traction..
Funny that ya mentioned lead...
I suppose my weight saving "thing" is from my previous drone racing hobby. I'm good at building but only mediocre at flying them. The one in the pic has such a ginormous power to weight ratio, that I had to ziptie a chunk of lead on it just so I could somehow be able to control it....

10gr saved on washers is obviously below nothing, no more than a joke, and I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here. I'm shaving weight from some parts but adding it elsewhere, like belly pan and other unnecessary stuff that it's there only to look good in my eyes :)

Funny that ya mentioned lead...
I suppose my weight saving "thing" is from my previous drone racing hobby. I'm good at building but only mediocre at flying them. The one in the pic has such a ginormous power to weight ratio, that I had to ziptie a chunk of lead on it just so I could somehow be able to control it....

10gr saved on washers is obviously below nothing, no more than a joke, and I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here. I'm shaving weight from some parts but adding it elsewhere, like belly pan and other unnecessary stuff that it's there only to look good in my eyes :)
Are you skipping the burger tonight too... so you can I have an extra beer?
No, I get it… I do the same bloody thing! But in the end I think I am coming out ahead...

Special 2-1 exhaust from Todd
Tiny battery super light (not charged so she is lighter 🤪)
Lost the 1 pound of taillight
Charcoal canister gone
Grab handle gone
8” less handlebar 😜
Exchange the rear clown shocks

Aluminum foot pegs and rear set should be about a break even

Add fairing maybe 1pound with brackets..

I am trying to be under 400 pounds empty

2DD88B9D 2FE3 428A AB35 84EAB53BDF1E

Last edited:
Are you skipping the burger tonight too... so you can I have an extra beer?
No, I get it… I do the same bloody thing! But in the end I think I am coming out ahead...
No, I'm loading my burgers like no tomorrow, I've been ~80kg all my life and I eat half a horse in one go :)
Dude, we have to measure who's bigger... I mean smaller... LIGHTER!!! We have to measure who's bike is LIGHTER!
If ya have a way, weigh yours after it's done and I'm guessing ya'll check your ponies/torque as well once your intake is done?
I'll be weighing mine once all is done and see if I can check hp on a dyno. Not that I care who has a bigge... LIGHTER! bike, I'm just curious to see what can be squeezed out of V7.

Sounds like a plan... bigger.. no lighter is better!!
My guess would be that you win...
My original Rear fender is pretty heavy and your super stubby exhaust gives you a leg up....
The only thing that could upset the game is your “ warp drive intake”
You bolted to the front of your engine and your license plate holder.. LOL
..... still put my money on you...👍

One thing I overlooked are the Wheels… Any idea?
Spoke vs. cast...
Fragile art vs. Boat anchor 🤣

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan... bigger.. no lighter is better!!
My guess would be that you win...
My original Rear fender is pretty heavy and your super stubby exhaust gives you a leg up....
The only thing that could upset the game is your “ warp drive intake”
You bolted to the front of your engine and your license plate holder.. LOL
..... still put my money on you...👍

One thing I overlooked are the Wheels… Any idea?
Spoke vs. cast...
Fragile art vs. Boat anchor 🤣
If I'd be making my carbon parts the right way they would weigh close to nothing... Make negative molds and form with cloth in vacuum. But that involves nearly double the work and I wouldn't get my desired forged carbon fiber looks because loose chop strands doesn't like being formed in vacuum. It's just a mess and vacuum sucks too much resin out of them... Industrial forged carbon stuff is being made with pre-impregnated forged carbon fiber cloth, but it needs an oven with vacuum and I'm not building one either. Therefore my parts are actually ~4 times heavier that actual carbon fiber parts should be so I shouldn't bet on myself just yet... It's all a hoax, I'm a fraud...:D:D:D
On the wheels... Anyone needs my kidney? It's probably soaking in beer and not worth much but all need is enough $$$ to get them Kineo spoked wheels. I've been drooling at them for forever and a half and can't pull the trigger:sweating:

Before we derail this thread comparing our... lightness..., I got a little update on my "warp drive intake". Notched for fins:

Sprayed black enamel on the inside, got mesh ready, hardware, and started wet sanding for final finish. I'm getting close :)

If I won't be riding at Halloween I can always take it off for 5th Element cosplay...

Forgot to mention, I weighed it. With all hardware it's 850gr. It is an under 200gr piece if formed with cloth and vacuum so my guess was accurate enough...

Since I had a little slide in a gravel my warp drive intake has to wait a bit. Thanks for the name bud, it's sticking on :) I have to fix scratched valve cover and sparkplug cover first. Valve cover had only paint scratches, sparkplug cover had deeper scrapes but with some heavier sanding it was still usable. I was thinking of painting valve covers red earlier so there's my chance...

Did I tell you that I'm a good chef? Apparently I'm "Great dad that cooks the best prawn fettuccine on this planet!" Dunno what other planets me critters were eating but I'll take the crown LOL Well, on today's menu is baked valve covers with sparkplug covers on a side, and the smell of my "cooking" was overwhelming!

I was gonna re-wrap my exhaust once my riding season is over but since it was shredded on the left, there's my chance again. Only this time I didn't use cheap Chinesium dyed fiberglass, but got DEI Titanium wrapping made from pulverized lava rock that doesn't fade. And I thought I'll use titanium color for a bit of contrast as I thought there was too much black on my bike. I believe it'll highlight my warp drive intake :)

I kept sparkplug covers black because they'll be eventually made from carbon fiber once I'll source out hight-temp resin that doesn't cost half an arm to ship to Canada. I wanted valve covers satin or semi-satin red but all there was at Lordco is flat red... and this red is too bright for my liking, and being flat it's gonna get dirty looking pretty quickly. And to top the cherry on my cake of recent failures, the paint on valve covers cracked in some places after curing in the oven :swear: I followed curing process to the letter and can't figure it out what happened.... Maybe a reaction to existing paint ( I sure did sanded the surface), maybe too fast cooling between the bakes, dunno. It's not visible when ya stand beside the bike but it still triggers me LOL Oh well, I'll fix it over next winter. I'll have a sandblasting cabinet so I'll clean them and bring to powdercoat them.

...aaaand... back to my warp drive intake :) Final finish coat is on, soon to be assembled:

What d'ya think of the valve covers in the same colour as the tank? They're kinda close right now.
If there will be an option for powdercoating colors then more likely yes. But I'll keep it as it is for now and will address powerdcoating once she's parked for the winter :)

Meanwhile, warp drive intake got fins glued with more wire added to hold the grill. I'll assemble it all tomorrow and more likely it'll be on the bike.

Back