• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North Georgia TAG ride

5493d55ffa5bff4c18b4b29c3a807b66.jpg

That is right by The Mark of the Potter on 197. A great road. Near Clarkesville.
I couldn't get a better shot because of the parked cars.

Yes my riding partner calls that The Upside Down Bridge!

I do have a new location. I just need a good clue for it. Probably post it tonight.
Actually, I'll go ahead and post the photo and add a clue later if necessary. I hope this hasn't been dona already.
And I just thought of a clue:
" A stone's throw from a Bear, a Crow, and an elusive Raven."

redroof_zps4fb9035c.jpg

MGKrebs said:
Actually, I'll go ahead and post the photo and add a clue later if necessary. I hope this hasn't been dona already.
And I just thought of a clue:
" A stone's throw from a Bear, a Crow, and an elusive Raven."

You can check the map that I keep of the previous locations here. You should be able to edit it also.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204 ... 1bea&msa=0

"A stone's throw from a Bear, a Crow, and an elusive Raven."
Ouch. No idea.

Got it. Been there several times when open, but don't quite get the clue. Might make it this weekend.

Well, I see that it is very close to a previous target, but I guess that's OK.

Wayne Orwig said:
MGKrebs said:
Well, I see that it is very close to a previous target, but I guess that's OK.

I still need more to go on.
They used to serve lunch there before they went up for sale. I have eaten there several times. There is more than one way to get there.

Found it. You won't believe how.
Again, along Lake Rabun, very close to the previous bridge/dam photo.

Near this private road:

I was talking to someone at work about it. He kept looking at maps, and found the Bear and Crow roads, along Lake Rabun. But that still didn't prove much. Then I remembered making a video of a ride along that road years ago.

http://youtu.be/LNAxjBUjdyc

And there it is, at 4:03 into the video. :lol:

I've updated the map:
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204 ... 51,0.00284

Attachments

• oldbuilding.jpg
    oldbuilding.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 591
  • raven.jpg
    raven.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 591
Here is the new spot.
(private property, so parking here is non-existent thus the poor shot of a mill)

Bringing the spot south. The people here probably live "cooley" in the "woods".

Attachments

• Mill.jpg
    Mill.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 590
  • mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 590
Just played the sat-imagery "video game" and sent Wayne my guesstimate of coordinates. We shall see. :laugh:

Wish I were there to put a Guzzi in the pic.

Riding season may be pretty much over out here on the steppes, but will be in Cross Junction next week, and l plan to get some miles in on the EV.

Bill

I am pretty sure that I know exactly where it is. Not sure if I can get there before next weekend. We have family plans this Sunday, and I am working Saturday.

I might try to find it this weekend. Probably not until Sunday though, so maybe gt928 will beat me to it!

MGKrebs said:
I might try to find it this weekend. Probably not until Sunday though, so maybe gt928 will beat me to it!

I have family and company this weekend. Probably not going to get there. If it is not picked up before, I may take a day during the week to ride up that way.

Tazio has located and moved the tag. He isn't able to log in right now so I'm relaying this from him:

Not sure if my computor is on strike or Guzzi Tech having issues or a little of both.
Had a long and sort of miserable ride yesterday to secure the Tag.
Cannot seem to be able to post on Guzzi Tech.
I do have a new location (see 3rd image)
The clue is~

If you are "pining" for the good ol' days, "log" off and take a ride on this
"Information" Hwy.!

Below are his shots of the previous tag location he found. An unnamed mill on private property just east of Cleveland GA. on a road named Cooley Woods.

The photo of the new tag location he found. See the hints above. Gee, this will be easy. :roll: NOT!

Attachments

• DSCF5521.JPG
    DSCF5521.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 251
  • DSCF5519.JPG
    DSCF5519.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
  • DSCF5522.JPG
    DSCF5522.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 251
Ha!

Found it.

Unfortunately (well, actually, fortunately), I am in Virginia for a few days.

That wasn't easy, but it is located ...

... well, that would be telling, but I e/m'ed Wayne to record my find.

Satellite imagery and google will get you there. Oh, and a beer helps, too. :p

Bill

Back