Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

NZ is not part of Australia!

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand' started by GrahamNZ, May 14, 2009.

1. GrahamNZ

GrahamNZ High Miler

Hey, you North Americans, just like Canada isn't part of the USA, New Zealand isn't part of Australia. Sure we're related in much the same way but there are a lot of differences. Eh, Mike.C!

How about a slot for NZ? It would be interesting to see what crops up apart from me, Kiwi Dave and BeBe.

2. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey Graham,
    You and me are both thankful for that. Looks like ya got a /NewZealand Heading now.

[​IMG]

Ohh... the wide open space of OZ, the sun in your eyes, the bugs plastered on every thing, and you've only done 800km's since lunch.

B) B)

Kym in Bairnsdale

3. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

Now Graham,

you've gotta go somewhere. Even though you guys put out a lot of stuff and are famous for a lot, with only 3 million people, just be glad you figure somewhere.

Canada is in with Alaska. I suppose they could always slot NZ in with Fiji.

Robert

4. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

G'day Robb, :) Perhaps Graham should look at your signature.... Theres no point compl......etc

5. Mackers

Mackers Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'm on one of the aviation forums (PPRUNE) and they combine Oz and NZ under "Downunder and Godzone"!

6. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Well well well lookee what we have here, I just cannot let this one pass by..

Yes you are right Graham we do have some differences, and neck physiology asside, I can think of judder bars (WTF?), jaendals, and a heap of other things, but of course we are all in this together so it's a bit like a marriage, lot's of arguments, quite a few good times but in the end a grudging respect for each other even if we do wallop you at footy every now and then...

Thing is that this little NZ splitting stunt was implemented on ADVRIder about 12 months ago and the newly created NZ forum was like a morgue for ages, you could shoot a gun down between the posts and not hit a keyboard! And that is from a country where the off road trail and adventure riding is second to none.

So if you want to play in your own corner that's OK by me, but I fear you might get a bit lonely - especially given the overly ribald nature of the discourse that has gone before in the combined forum, let me see now - all of five threads in how long hmmmm I think it might be nearing 6 months since the rebuild.

But of course we of the great Southern Lands who are joined at the hip by a ditch and a shared history are known for our self reliance, so by all means bugger off and play if that's what you really want, but of course we might not let you come back and play with us if you get lonely over there - so there ;)

For those lsitening in from other lands we really do like the New Zealanders :p , but just don't let on to them, or they might think we're mates or something.... and want to come over and borrow our bikes...

7. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

Just wait until the Kiwis find some oil worth exploiting.
    Before you can even blink the proportions on the map are changed. :laugh:

8. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

So Australia is the name of the continent, and New Zealand the name of the country?

Just for the records, (Old) Zealand is very much an official part (province) of the Netherlands! :silly:

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You guys are a crack up.
    The only reason for the "groupings" is to have people from the same areas of the World communicating. No need to segregate when I'm sure a few of you might hop over the river for a look-see once and while, no?

I'd love to invite the Alaskan riders down even to Seattle for the weekend, but there's a LOT of real estate between them and the "lower 48."

Perhaps if this Forum gets busy, we'll consider it... but for now, Happy Motoin'!

10. Muley

Muley Cruisin' Guzzisti

Rene pointed out:

Australia, the country is the sixth largest in the world, but Australia the continent comes in last place.

How come Greenland is left out of the forum categories ? According to my information, it's the world's largest island, but it doesn't even get continent status.

Why is Greenland an island but North America not?

If Vanuatu has one motorcyclist riding a Guzzi, do they get thrown in with New Zealand or do they get to have their own regional thingy?

BTW, I'm glad Rene cleared up the mystery of where "regular" Zealand is :p

11. Muley

Muley Cruisin' Guzzisti

GrahamNZ observed:

Hey, you North Americans, just like Canada isn't part of the USA, New Zealand isn't part of Australia

Just give the morons in Washington a little time and we might see all of North America merged into one big, happy family :angry:

Would that make Todd's life easier ?

12. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Muley wrote:
    Find me a Guzzi rider there that will post here, and I'll set one up. ;)
    And UH, NO it would not.

13. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

Muley,

you're full of information. Just to add to it, Oz is the smallest continent AND the biggest island on the globe. We qualify as both.

So there you go.

RJVB - what can I say? Oh dear!

14. Muley

Muley Cruisin' Guzzisti

15. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

Muley

that's plain wrong.

It is both.

16. GrahamNZ

GrahamNZ High Miler

Gosh!

I have quite a few regrets in life, and starting this thread is one of them. PLEASE FORGIVE ME - I LOVE YOU ALL.

By the way we're over 4 million now plus about 1.5 million living in other countries.

Sorry about splitting the atom, giving women the vote and conquering Everest first. Whatever will we get up to next?

17. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

no worries Graham,

nothing like a bit of irrelevant banter.

BTW, if you want the other 1.5 mill back, come and get them. They're everywhere. We might need to do a cull soon, just like the roos.

18. Brevabrabo

Brevabrabo Cruisin' Guzzisti

To clear things out according to Greenland, you post your regional posts under Europe. Greenland is a part of Denmark.
    Just find a sleigh with the mighty Guzzi-twin fitted! :unsure:

19. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

Graham: that's OK. New Zealand Kiwis are the best (certainly better than the ones from [Old] Zealand, though you ought to try the spek from there) ;)

Dolf ... that'd be sacrilege. i mean, a Guzzi with a belt drive? Even if it's a tractor belt? Come on... ... ...

And 1.5 millions? Gee, I never knew there were so many hobbits around !!!

:silly: :silly: :silly::silly:

20. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

GrahamNZ wrote:
    Don't regret it - this is fun! We love you too - aaaaawwww shucks :p

Maybe you blokes will get the Stelvio first, but then I will be really grumpy at you... :S