• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

So what DON'T you like about your Stelvio?

notasweetman said:
Before the dealer put a Griso tune in it, the lumpy low-speed delivery was a pain. Fine now!

What in the world is a 'Griso tune'?

Can you buy it in a can? :lol:

Wayne Orwig said:
notasweetman said:
Before the dealer put a Griso tune in it, the lumpy low-speed delivery was a pain. Fine now!

What in the world is a 'Griso tune'?

Can you buy it in a can? :lol:

Yes, it comes in a blue can, and it has according to the can, 50% less Saturated fat then butter, so when you rub your bike down with it, the bike will naturally be lighter and less chance of plaque build up in your lines :shock: :lol: :lol: :woohoo:

The stupid trip meter that only go's to 999 Klm then resets everything in that mode (Trip 1 or Trip 2). I like to set trip 2 when I leave on a long ride to indicate total distance traveled etc and use trip 1 to reset every fuel stop.

PJD said:
The stupid trip meter that only go's to 999 Klm then resets everything in that mode (Trip 1 or Trip 2). I like to set trip 2 when I leave on a long ride to indicate total distance traveled etc and use trip 1 to reset every fuel stop.

Jeeze I'm getting old :eek:

I'd get confused if I tried that...What exactly do you do with all this information? :?:

notasweetman said:
After 40 years riding this is the most exciting bike I have ever owned. Not for performance, but it's style, it's beauty, it's sound, it's rarity, it's character, etc, etc....
I too had the weird sidestand/kick-into-1st-and-stall problem until I started to switch the bike off before I put it down. Second nature now.

Even after only 35 years, I agree with you on both points ;)

Switching off before dropping the landing gear is the only way to go and now, like you, it's second nature.

My son forlornly complained to me after a 500km ride through the mountains and all the tourist haunts that "everybody looks" at my Stelvio...He's a bit down as normally his beautiful Norge gets a lot of attention, today he asked me if he can "try" the Stelvio, not sure I should let him as I know he can't afford to change...

Not that that ever stopped me at his age :lol:

Bluntly said:
PJD said:

Jeeze I'm getting old :eek:

I'd get confused if I tried that...What exactly do you do with all this information? :?:

I take it your not serious,..just incase thou....

I use Trip 1 to know when to fuel up either on a trip or just around town, I never trust fuel guages and only use the low fuel light as a reminder.

Trip 2 is used for total trip on a long ride. November I did a 6000klm trip through North Thailand and I would like to know total distance we covered. December was a 3000klm trip through Malaysia & South Thailand. Its also cool to know the other less important crap like fuel milage, average speed etc also.

Not confusing really, just a push of the button and the info is there,...if it go's past 999klm that is :S

PJD said:

I use Trip 1 to know when to fuel up either on a trip or just around town, I never trust fuel guages and only use the low fuel light as a reminder.

Trip 2 is used for total trip on a long ride. November I did a 6000klm trip through North Thailand and I would like to know total distance we covered. December was a 3000klm trip through Malaysia & South Thailand. Its also cool to know the other less important crap like fuel milage, average speed etc also.

Not confusing really, just a push of the button and the info is there,...if it go's past 999klm that is :S

Exactly what I do. Well, not exactly, mine is in miles, not klms. :lol:
And I occasionally forget to reset #2 before a trip.

PJD said:

Well I am, but in an inquisitive way...

I zero the trip 1 when we do a trip, just to know what mileage we've done at the end, I know I get between 235-250km from a tank of 95octane, when I fill it just registers in my mind and the gauge is a reminder, I know if I'm cruising at 150kmh+ I'm burning gas, if I'm sightseeing down a coast road I'm using less, as for the rest i don't particularly care, I've even wondered if an overzealous cop could use the max speed record as evidence against me? :shock:

I used to ride with a guy (RIP) who kept records of his bikes that went back years, but apart from coffee table chat I never saw any real use of the data, for example; he knew that certain tyres gave him x amount of miles but then tried new ones, useful for others, if they rode in exactly the same way, but not much use to him...

I'm probably a bit "Old Skule" in these things but have seen a lot of analysis paralysis in various fields over the years so tend to stick to the KISMIF acronym...Keep It Simple Make It Fun. :D

Strokes for Folks I guess. B)

Quote:

I'm probably a bit "Old Skule" in these things but have seen a lot of analysis paralysis in various fields over the years so tend to stick to the KISMIF acronym...Keep It Simple Make It Fun. :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

That works as long as the Stelvio is running................my bike spends way too much time in the repair shop for the cost involved........and don't get me started on the parts network or lack there of.

Back