• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

V700Steve wrote:
Todd, I just wanted to add a note that the reps from Piaggio/Moto Guzzi were very impressed with the commitment and dedication of Wayne & Russ in running the baton in the rough weather they experienced.

The reps took the opportunity to take a few PR photos w/ the baton which could be published somewhere, maybe in a corporate newsletter they publish.

I have the feeling that after we left they were all saying, "See, I told you that Guzzi owners are crazy".

:laugh:

Scream, any words to add for the Blog? Also, be sure to contact Barbara and Mark in N.C. and post on their reply here... I haven't heard back from any of the other MGNOC Reps still as of 10:30 a.m., PST.

Best case scenario is to meet up with Bill, but I hope it can make some rounds before this weekend.

screamday wrote:
The package has arrived in West Columbia, SC. Where to next??

IMG_0013.jpg

Bill Hagan wrote:
screamday wrote:
Well Bill, if no one else responds before then I could meet you in the mountains somewhere in NC and let you move the package North.

Works for me.

Will see who else wants to play or desires to get it further east than I'll be until I get to metro-D.C.

If just us, we can coordinate as date nears. Haven't looked (closely) at map and don't want to wear you out meeting up, but Cashiers? Other?

Bill

If it comes to this then yea, Highlands, Cashiers, Rosman..... Anything along that route would be fine.

Could meet Bill on Tuesday in the the DC Metro area.

Will then need someone in the NJ/NY area to hand it off to.

Aaronmedick wrote:
I'm watching in NYC. Depending when it get this way, I can get it from NJ to Conn North PA Albany, NY or something as needed.

What is your availability for April 9,10 or11?
If I can get the flywheel from Bill H. on the 7th I can hand it off to you.

Nick

We're standing by here in the flat lands of Illinois too. Keep the baton moving there is only two months left. It might seem like a long time but you know how time flies when your having fun .........Ride safe !

Tim
N. Ill Rep.

What Tim says. Waiting a week here and there doesn't get it. By the time it hit the midwest last year, it was a mad dash trying to get it west. Didn't make it to the northwest at all. At any rate, I'm good to pick it up in Ohio, Kentucky, or Michigan, and run it to the Ill a noise boyz..B) if I have to. I'll be leaving for California (on a jet plane) on the 17th of April, so if it isn't in this area before then, we'll have to find someone else.

Chuck in Indiana wrote:
What Tim says. Waiting a week here and there doesn't get it. By the time it hit the midwest last year, it was a mad dash trying to get it west. Didn't make it to the northwest at all. At any rate, I'm good to pick it up in Ohio, Kentucky, or Michigan, and run it to the Ill a noise boyz..B) if I have to. I'll be leaving for California (on a jet plane) on the 17th of April, so if it isn't in this area before then, we'll have to find someone else.

Undoubtedly, Chuck, re gap, but I don't see many folks jumping in between now and this Saturday, and at least, if no better offers arrive, I can get it to D.C., with, I trust, an interesting photo-op or two, and Nick can get it to N.Y., all by 9, 10, or 11 April. That's a bunch of miles.

Bill

Tim wrote:

We're standing by here in the flat lands of Illinois too. Keep the baton moving there is only two months left. It might seem like a long time but you know how time flies when your having fun .........Ride safe !

Hard to believe, but the baton just started moving one week ago today, and in that time it has made its way from one end of Florida to the next and then back again (and I know from personal experience that's a long ways), then it traveled the entire length of the largest state east of the big river, and then it made it to the third state (SC). That's a lot of real estate to cover, and when it gets to those tiny little states up north, it should go through two or three every day:laugh: , so don't fret Tim and Chuck, it'll get to you soon I'm sure.

No denying it's covered some good ground... but I think Chuck & Tim are just voicing the fact that if it sits a week at a time, we'll loose valuable time in the end.

Screamday, did you see my post above? Post/send some words for the Blog update first chance you get. Did you contact Barbara & Mark? That said, I'm majorly disappointed in the unresponsiveness of the MGNOC State Reps I've tried to contact.
Also, can you post any donation info listed in the book here for me?

Anxiously awaiting updates.

screamday wrote:
<snip>If it comes to this then yea, Highlands, Cashiers, Rosman..... Anything along that route would be fine.

It's Tuesday, but, on the planning assumption that we will not hear anything else from others (while hoping that assumtion is wrong!), I'll narrow this a bit more.

Suppose we can do more detailed arrangements off-line, but maybe these posts will spur someone to action, and assist anyone who may want to join, too, in locating us on the ground on Saturday.

Kathi and I will launch from downtown Atlanta at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Married men reading this will know that means I told her we had to be on the road at 7 sharp. ;)

As I am interested in getting that part of the ride behind me for the more serious (code for fun) ride ahead that day and Sunday, should be at Cashiers NLT 11. That may mean an earlier start for you than you may wish, so Rosman or Brevard may help, if only by a few more miles and minutes for me and a bit fewer for you.

My c/p # is 404.808.8486 (M), assuming Verizon works along that route! Call me sometime in the next few days to lock in yours.

Bill

P.S. Todd, consider "outing" here (in the nicest of ways, of course :p ) those MGNOC reps who don't respond. There are always explanations about dog-ate-homework sort, but few excuses on something like this. And, it is possible that some are not getting the word and a by-name list may get a buddy to nudge 'em.

RacerX wrote:
No denying it's covered some good ground... but I think Chuck & Tim are just voicing the fact that if it sits a week at a time, we'll loose valuable time in the end.

Screamday, did you see my post above? Post/send some words for the Blog update first chance you get. Did you contact Barbara & Mark? That said, I'm majorly disappointed in the unresponsiveness of the MGNOC State Reps I've tried to contact.
Also, can you post any donation info listed in the book here for me?

Anxiously awaiting updates.

Todd I'll try to get the info you need tonight. Have not gotten a reply from Barbara or Mark.

Nice day for a ride today so DilliW and I set out to find some photo opps. (More photos added to the album http://picasaweb.google.com/GuzziRelay09)

IMG_0002.jpg

Bill Hagan wrote:
It's Tuesday, but, on the planning assumption that we will not hear anything else from others (while hoping that assumtion is wrong!), I'll narrow this a bit more.

Suppose we can do more detailed arrangements off-line, but maybe these posts will spur someone to action, and assist anyone who may want to join, too, in locating us on the ground on Saturday.

Kathi and I will launch from downtown Atlanta at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Married men reading this will know that means I told her we had to be on the road at 7 sharp.

As I am interested in getting that part of the ride behind me for the more serious (code for fun) ride ahead that day and Sunday, should be at Cashiers NLT 11. That may mean an earlier start for you than you may wish, so Rosman or Brevard may help, if only by a few more miles and minutes for me and a bit fewer for you.

My c/p # is 404.808.8486 (M), assuming Verizon works along that route! Call me sometime in the next few days to lock in yours.

Bill

Bill, this sounds good. I'll call you in the next couple of days to confirm.

Muley wrote:
Tim wrote:

Hard to believe, but the baton just started moving one week ago today, and in that time it has made its way from one end of Florida to the next and then back again (and I know from personal experience that's a long ways), then it traveled the entire length of the largest state east of the big river, and then it made it to the third state (SC). That's a lot of real estate to cover, and when it gets to those tiny little states up north, it should go through two or three every day:laugh: , so don't fret Tim and Chuck, it'll get to you soon I'm sure.

I'm not worried about it getting to us, but the guys in the PNW want to play, too. :lol: They never got the chance last year, and in my opinion, if we don't start it west pdq, it won't get there and back to Colorado. That's a reeel long way..

Bill Hagan wrote:
Todd, consider "outing" here (in the nicest of ways, of course :p ) those MGNOC reps who don't respond. There are always explanations about dog-ate-homework sort, but few excuses on something like this. And, it is possible that some are not getting the word and a by-name list may get a buddy to nudge 'em.
Bill, happy to... though they are all already listed here; http://mgnoc.com/staff_and_reps.html
FL & GA have represented well, and Tim (Nor. Ill.) has posted here, and I heard from Don Van Zandt (Nor Cal) and Michael Dethrow (OK)... *ALL* the rest, not a peep. I also sent to Frank Wedge, Luap & Greg Bender to no avail yet.

screamday wrote:
Todd I'll try to get the info you need tonight. Have not gotten a reply from Barbara or Mark.
Nice day for a ride today so DilliW and I set out to find some photo opps...

Excellent! Glad to see most are having fun with it. Just what is that structure Tony, outside of the obvious. ;)

As of now, I'm available the 9,10,11 of April. I work freelance so that can change, but most of my jobs are short so one of those days will work.

Where am I heading with it. I regularly drive to Newbrug, NY. OCC for pics is possible. I have never stopped by but I watch the show and pass the shop often.

Is there some one who wants to meet in CT or western mass?

If you need me ASAP PM me. I get emails on my phone. The site is too big to function well on my Iphone. Or call 917-714-3686

Just spoke to Aaron. I can hand-off to Daniel in north Jersey, he will then hand-off to Aaron. Aaron can cover NY and Conn and that's when the leads dry-up. We will need help in the Northeast to connect back to Zoom Zoom, I guess. I've contacted last year's participants/volunteers, and have no takers at this point. Otherwise someone can meet with Bill H in DC and then hand-off to ZZ and by-pass the northeast.

computernerd-1.gif

Nick

I can do what we did last year and meet the NY person in Conn. and take it into Mass and beyond depending on who I'm handing it off to.

Back