• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Hello;

Challenge for this year...

Last year we managed to DIP the Fabulous Frisbee in BOTH oceans, Atlantic and Pacific... So.. Now we have find a challenge for this year.

Since the National Rally is in Salida CO, there is plenty of opportunity for altitude, I would like to suggest we work on Lowest and Highest points in the US

The Lowest is: Badwater, Death Valley, California -282 ft.

But much of the US lowest points are Sea Level..

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001792.html

The Highest is: Trail Ridge Road... in Colorado...

http://colorado-travel.suite101.com/art ... ghest_road

SO it is well within our scope to get the Lowest and hightest points (Lower 48) this year... UNLESS.. Someone is going to Alaska this year??????

How about it?

Muley wrote:
I think she deserves a special gift for such dedication. Maybe, at the very least, a thank you card from HQ.
Agreed. Randy, thoughts? A card would be easy enough.

Randy now has the Logbook and stickers. Watching for info/photos for the kick-off!

Also;
sbaker wrote:
Challenge for this year...

Last year we managed to DIP the Fabulous Frisbee in BOTH oceans, Atlantic and Pacific... So.. Now we have find a challenge for this year.
Since the National Rally is in Salida CO, there is plenty of opportunity for altitude, I would like to suggest we work on Lowest and Highest points in the US.

The Lowest is: Badwater, Death Valley, California -282 ft. How about it?
I like it Sam. The Southwest Guzzi Rider's will be sure it makes it to the lowest here in Death Valley, just please make it before May/June. ;)
I think it still needs to take a dip in both Oceans and perhaps the Gulf Of Mexico too... along with the Great Lakes and some salt from Bonneville(!?).

It got a little dip in Lake Superior last year.
Water was cold... very cold.
Not my fault if the baton suffered any "shrinkage":p

Hello

Cool Adrian.. I didn't realize it made it to the Great Lakes...

I wonder if we got it into the gulf???

That would take care of all the coasts...

Louise did the protective sleeve in honor of all of Guzzi Rally Riders. She thinks the whole idea is just great. I'd suggest a nice card at the end of the trip, maybe something from the National Rally. I'm hoping to attend and I'll let Racer X know as that date gets closer.
I also like the idea of dipping the flywheel in the various bodies of water, and Dan & I will make sure the Gulf of Mexico happens this weekend. I took the Baton to Gainsville today to one of the dealers and posed my Quota with a new Stelvio.

Randy

Relay to the Rally update

The Baton will (Finally)start moving on Monday the 23rd, first stop will be a dip in the refreshing waters of the Gulf of Mexico off of Cedar Key Florida and then Southeast toward the Atlantic in the Cocoa Beach area. Hand off to one of the Georgia contingent is most likely next Weekend details to follow.

Re:Relay to the Rally update

Thought Randy would post this, but I will beat him to it I guess. ;)

He took the opportunity to take the baton for a little sight-seeing, and took it to Scooter Superstore in Hollywood, FL to pose it with his Quota and a new Stelvio, prior to the official launch. I'll be anxiously awaiting more photo posts here this week for the official kick-off! Hope to have the Relay page (NationalGuzziRelay.com re-direct set up in the next 72 hours) to the current page HERE.
To ChipIn to the Injured Rider's Fund, and to see the progress of the Relay, go HERE (also linked off the main page above).

Randy and Mark Calzaretta pictured below:

OK. Georgia guys, The baton was handed off to me today and is ready to come your way. Fri. or sat. the 27th or 28th is good for me, can do the 29th if need be. let me hear from you.

Dan and Randy dropped the baton off with me today. Pic below of 6 Guzzis at the relay point, 2 red Norges, 1 Quota, 1 V11sport and 2 T3s!

Todd we have many Pix's do you want us to send them to you with descriptions or post them ? It is your call.
Yes it did make it into the warm waters of The Gulf of Mexico.

Batoninwater2600x4001240x827-2.jpg

Dan, please do both if you don't mind. I want the high-res versions via e-mail for sure. NICE job!

The most recent photo shows Frank Dugo on the left, The new Central Florida MGNOC Rep, Dan Raidt center and Dale Senn on the right. Nice to see the faces of the team the Baton was transferred to today by Dan & me. Next stop is north to Georgia, lets roll!!!

Randy

Randy, et al...

I started an online album with Google's Picasa; Guzzi Relay 09 - Sign in using: GuzziRelay09 -- passwd: teammember - to upload your photos. Be sure each person starts a new album (unless of the ame location/hand-off), and be sure to link the photo/album to a location as well, which is an option at the bottom of starting each album. If you have any problems, contact me direct via PM or direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

OK, rain is coming in tomorrow through Sunday, so the baton will have all the salt washed off of it by the time it gets up to the Atlanta area. Dale, as I said in a PM, I will meet you most anywhere near the GA/FL border or even further south if necessary. Just don't ask me to go to Key West, once is enough :laugh:

Just a thought, maybe too late at this point, but what if every relay rider logged mileage transporting the baton (might have been done last year already). Anyway, it would be interesting to see how far it travels on its way to Salida.

I will plan to pick up the package and take it north to the Atlanta area and hand it off to Wayne Orwig, possibly at the new Guzzi dealer in Fairburn. There is an open house of sorts going on this weekend, and, hopefully, several Guzzi riders will be there for a photo op.

Dale, just tell me when and where (and give me a cell phone number in case I, er, can't find Florida) :blush:

Muley, check your PM. as for cell phone wer'e SOL. Never had one. Heck, I don't even answer the phone most of the time, thats what the machine is for.

Muley wrote:
Just a thought, maybe too late at this point, but what if every relay rider logged mileage transporting the baton (might have been done last year already). Anyway, it would be interesting to see how far it travels on its way to Salida.
Muley, it was a request last year, and this year... though not everyone did it. The logbook outlines many things, including noting miles and all riders that come in contact with it. Hope you're able to take up a large collection for the I.R.F. prior to relaying the baton. ;)

p.s. The Blog was updated as well tonight.

This year, I hope there will be a little more urgency to keep it moving, especially at the start. Last year, by the time it got to the midwest, we didn't have time to "play" with it at all, just had to keep it moving in order to make it to the National on time. If it's going to make it to the PNW this year, we *need* to keep it moving, not wait a week (or more) for he hand off.. Just sayin..

Back