• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Updated Maps are available.

john zibell

Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All,

While at the National Rally in Salida CO I had the opportunity to spend a little timw with Josh from MGNA, Costa Mesa. He was updating maps with the Axone on Norges. During our discussion he stated there are updates for the 1100 Breva and the 1200 Sport as well. Josh stated that the new maps for the 1100 Breva will cure the parking lot bucking problem as well as the hot start issue I didn't know I had. Also that the 1200 Sport benefits the most from the updated map. He also let me copy his sheet that tells the latest version map for each of the following bikes:

Bike / Last few places of Map ID

1100 Breva / V12

Norge / NG18

Norge 8 valve Original Map #3221NRG142 & Updated (New) Map#3222NG01 (from V700steve)

1200 Sport / BD01 (2 valve head)

8V Griso / 68

1100 Griso / GRS-1103

Stelvio / 52

V7C / V7NEVAD

Single TB V7 / 149

Updated information from pauldaytona for the Stelvio:

STELVIO 1200 MY '08 2229STV8V52
STELVIO 1200 MY '09 no abs 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '10 ABS Continental 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '09/'10 /ABS Bosch 2229STA42ZA
STELVIO 1200 MY '10/'11 3222ST02

I can tell the Breva runs a little bit richer but not enough to impact fuel economy. I managed to get a calculated low of 48 mpg (US gallons) with the best of 51 mpg on the trip back from Salida, CO to Huntsville, AL. BTW, none of it was slow travel.

John,

Do you know if there is a way to determine which map version you are running? I have an '07 Norge which the dealer says they updated the map on and I would like to validate that.

Michael

cmgies wrote:
John,

Do you know if there is a way to determine which map version you are running? I have an '07 Norge which the dealer says they updated the map on and I would like to validate that.

Michael

I know the Axone will give the current map. I think the VDSTS will as well but I'll need to check that. I will edit this post when I find out.

Added info:

The VDSTS shows the current map revision under system information. For the 1100 Breva the letters "BA" followed the "V12" designation. So on the other maps there may be additional letters displayed after the information in the original post.

But no way to see what it is from the dash information?

Michael

John? Any idea exactly HOW to access the new Stelvio map through axone?

I have the latest 7.2.0 upgrades in mine but unlike the Griso 12 upgrade when i went to 'Reprogramming' in the Stelvio file it gave me nothing? I was thinking that perhaps the tool had to be plugged into the bike for it to identify the existing map before giving you the options but I pluged it into Vito's (? The So Cal guy.) bike when I was in LA and it said nothing! His bike is 'Supposed' to be an '09 so it may be that the new map was installed ex-factory. Unfortunately we aren't given any info as to the hows, why's and wherefores of the map choices and installation:angry: so while I think it has been estabished now that if you DO install a new map you can't then go back to the old one, (At least not with Axone.) I don't know if, if the 'Latest' map is installed ex factory the tool will then tell you that there are no further updates available.

It IS extraordinarily frustrating. Can the memory card be upgraded via connection to a computer running Navigator? and talking of that have you used Navigator and are there any significant advantages to it over axone? On the face of it I can't see any???

Pete

Some info:

I had the MGNA tech guy update my Stelvio's map at the national meet. He knew there was a new map and his Axone told him something that I had the old map (I wasn't looking at the screen, sorry). He said that the new map is better for most folks, with more kick down low, and would only be bad if you were a constant dirt rider and needed a more gentle low rev ability. He also confirmed that you cannot go back to the old map on the Stelvio - it is one way up only.

The map is an improvement for me - much better in the middle of the range, much happier in the canyons. I can't tell for sure exactly how much better the new map is because he also tweaked a few things and more importantly played with the synch - the screws were both all the way out. Apparently none of the bikes he saw that weekend that were set up by the Denver dealer were even close.

I've only seen the Axone operate for a few minutes when my Stelvio was updated. I believe he was going into the memory upgrade menus to display the current version. Afterwords we repeated that and it showed the new firmware.

The Navigator menus appear to be a bit more friendly. Too bad the upgrade can't be done via VDSTS, it is SO much easier to use.

pete roper wrote:
John? Any idea exactly HOW to access the new Stelvio map through axone?

I have the latest 7.2.0 upgrades in mine but unlike the Griso 12 upgrade when i went to 'Reprogramming' in the Stelvio file it gave me nothing? I was thinking that perhaps the tool had to be plugged into the bike for it to identify the existing map before giving you the options but I pluged it into Vito's (? The So Cal guy.) bike when I was in LA and it said nothing! His bike is 'Supposed' to be an '09 so it may be that the new map was installed ex-factory. Unfortunately we aren't given any info as to the hows, why's and wherefores of the map choices and installation:angry: so while I think it has been estabished now that if you DO install a new map you can't then go back to the old one, (At least not with Axone.) I don't know if, if the 'Latest' map is installed ex factory the tool will then tell you that there are no further updates available.

It IS extraordinarily frustrating. Can the memory card be upgraded via connection to a computer running Navigator? and talking of that have you used Navigator and are there any significant advantages to it over axone? On the face of it I can't see any???

Pete

Pete,

I'm afraid I can't help you much with the Axone. I do know that if the map is loaded to the Axone it will allow the update. I'm not sure which menu allows you to see the current version installed in the ECU. I do know on the 4V bikes the upgrade is one way and you cannot go back to the old map. On the 2V bikes you can go back to the older maps if you aren't happy with the new one.

cmgies wrote:
John,

Michael

John,

Can you tell from this screen shot the map version of my 09 Stelvio? Looks like "V18"?

vdsts1-1.jpg

Yes it does look like V18, but I'm not sure if the VDSTS readout corresponds to what Axone sees. It seems to on the 1100 Breva, but I can't verify for the Stelvio.

What is the Breva 'Hot Start' issue? I have been having staring problems I thought was the battery. Same problems, new battery.... :(

xenarchi said:
What is the Breva 'Hot Start' issue? I have been having staring problems I thought was the battery. Same problems, new battery.... :(

The hot start issue seem to stem from the bike sitting in the sun. The sensors tell the ECU the bike is hot, but it isn't. Most prevalent after a short off period. Since having the updated map installed I haven't experienced the condition.

john zibell said:
xenarchi said:

The hot start issue seem to stem from the bike sitting in the sun. The sensors tell the ECU the bike is hot, but it isn't. Most prevalent after a short off period. Since having the updated map installed I haven't experienced the condition.

Thanks...

Sounds like the exact issue I am having all of a sudden. Ride the bike, get off, fiddle around, get back on and she won't start.

xenarchi said:
john zibell said:
xenarchi said:

Thanks...

Sounds like the exact issue I am having all of a sudden. Ride the bike, get off, fiddle around, get back on and she won't start.

After reading your other post, you don't have the hot start issue. That issue the bike starts, but won't stay running unless you nurse it for about a minute of so before trying to take off. Look at my reply to your other posts on the Breva tech section https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/189/3305.html.

I'm about to recieve one of Todds PCVs and havent got the latest Map installed on my Breva 1100. I need to go to the dealer as I don't have my own VDSTS or Axone.

As I've no experience of running with a PowerCommander installed, for future reference what is the best policy when installing a new Map on the standard ECU with a Commander connected? Is it best to disconnect the PCV before doing it or is it protected and unneccessary.

Art

rturo said:
I'm about to recieve one of Todds PCVs and havent got the latest Map installed on my Breva 1100. I need to go to the dealer as I don't have my own VDSTS or Axone.
As I've no experience of running with a PowerCommander installed, for future reference what is the best policy when installing a new Map on the standard ECU with a Commander connected? Is it best to disconnect the PCV before doing it or is it protected and unneccessary.
Hi Art, the PC-V is completely independent of the ECU/Axone/VDST operation. You can leave it connected. The only thing that will matter is what map is loaded on the PC-V in relation to the map on the ECU (and perhaps how different it is from any other version). I doubt any time soon I'll be able to build a map for either variable, as only two Breva 1100 units sold, neither with AutoTune or ECU. I will see what I can do locally, and try to see what map is on the ECU of the bike I test... and post my results the map online.

For those who have purchased a GT-Rx ECU, it is *very* important *NOT* to let a dealer update the ECU with any "map."

GT-Rx said:
as only two Breva 1100 units sold, neither with AutoTune or ECU. I will see what I can do locally, and try to see what map is on the ECU of the bike I test... and post my results the map online.

Um I have a Breva 1100 and went with AutoTune and ECU!

Back