• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

First of all I must say that on my euro 4 85tt the upmap US link pipe/ zard pipe reflash has done exactly what the description said in the store. 4000kms in and I’m still a happy camper. The question I have is this … I ride two up and the old lady is getting a little bothered by my new brap brap sounding loud pipes (yes I know boys) instead of shoveling out the 110
Euros for the tune with just the stock pipe/ link pipe, will
My current tune freak out with the stock slip on re installed ? I tried to find someone who had a similar question in the forum, without luck so I’m posting the question now. Cheers! My initial thoughts is it should be fine maybe a bit rich?
You can easily quiet down the loud pipe just take it off and look it over and you'll figure out a way or one of your local mechanics can figure it out. There used to be a thing called a snuff or not. You can make one.

First of all I must say that on my euro 4 85tt the upmap US link pipe/ zard pipe reflash has done exactly what the description said in the store. 4000kms in and I’m still a happy camper. The question I have is this … I ride two up and the old lady is getting a little bothered by my new brap brap sounding loud pipes (yes I know boys) instead of shoveling out the 110
Euros for the tune with just the stock pipe/ link pipe, will
My current tune freak out with the stock slip on re installed ? I tried to find someone who had a similar question in the forum, without luck so I’m posting the question now. Cheers! My initial thoughts is it should be fine maybe a bit rich?
Hi Matthew, the cat is in the underbody pre-muffler, so swapping the slip-on (even to stock) shouldn't create a big issue. Believe it or not, the stock (bike) map is actually richer on the bottom of the RPM range then a modified one, so try it and see how it works with the current map.

Hi Matthew, the cat is in the underbody pre-muffler, so swapping the slip-on (even to stock) shouldn't create a big issue. Believe it or not, the stock (bike) map is actually richer on the bottom of the RPM range then a modified one, so try it and see how it works with the current map.
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot and see how she runs!

It will run rich.

If you intend to run it with the stock pipe all of the time now, purchase the correct map.

Your engine will thank you for it and your wallet won’t really miss the €110.
I assume you’ve tried this? I will buy the map if the bike runs poorly. With the link pipe installed the difference from
The stock slip on and the zard slip on pipe can’t be that drastic…right? Either way I’ve got the info I need to make a calculated decision. Thank you for your response!

Todd (GTM) here is the FI Guru. He says that the stock map on your motorcycle is actually richer in the lower band. Listen to what he says as he is the Moto Guzzi FI guy.

I am also a mechanic and have FI experience but Todd has much more in this specific area.

Todd (GTM) here is the FI Guru. He says that the stock map on your motorcycle is actually richer in the lower band. Listen to what he says as he is the Moto Guzzi FI guy.

I am also a mechanic and have FI experience but Todd has much more in this specific area.
Right on! Thanks Scott!

Does anyone know if this "mod" will correct the knock / ping we get with the V85TT's? I searched but could not find an answer.......THIS issue if it's corrected would make me a potential buyer. I've had the latest ECU factory map installed..but still no go. Right now, the best combo I have is the Mistral dongle, Todd's y-pipe and a GPR carbon can. She seems to like that set-up the best. With this, we're almost home but when it gets hot {85 degrees +}, she doesn't like it, especially during a low rpm take-off. And please guys, don't want to hear "avoid that rpm range", because you can't.....we all know how to ride, and we all know it ain't a 600cc sportbike. It's expected from this engine to have some low end......

Edit...sorry. Should've mentioned......2020 US spec. 8100 miles currently.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this "mod" will correct the knock / ping we get with the V85TT's? I searched but could not find an answer.......THIS issue if it's corrected would make me a potential buyer. I've had the latest ECU factory map installed..but still no go. Right now, the best combo I have is the Mistral dongle, Todd's y-pipe and a GPR carbon can. She seems to like that set-up the best. With this, we're almost home but when it gets hot {85 degrees +}, she doesn't like it, especially during a low rpm take-off. And please guys, don't want to hear "avoid that rpm range", because you can't.....we all know how to ride, and we all know it ain't a 600cc sportbike. It's expected from this engine to have some low end......
The upmap flash has fixed the infamous pinging for me. (2020 euro 4 bike)

Hi all,
By means of introducing myself properly as I've been lurking around for a while - I'm based in Eastern Europe and happily ride a 2020 V85TT Travel, Euro 4. Really good info on this forum, thanks to lots of knowledgeable people.

Just to check my understanding: would a link pipe with a high-flow cat be more closely related to a straight-through link pipe (no cat) from a tune requirements perspective?

As a bit of a background: for about 9,000km I've been running the stock cat/final exhaust/air filter with the corresponding up-map tune. Bike has been running a lot better than with the stock fuel map, but still got the occasional engine rattle/knocking with poor gas. What I noticed straight away was zero exhaust burbling on the overrun, compared to the stock tune.

Got a Mistral link pipe with the high flow cat plus a K&N - great overall improvement, much lower heat, no knocking anymore, almost all perfect. Except now the exhaust burbling is back plus some pops and the occasional loud bang - obviously the SAS is the culprit here, but does the high-flow cat make the engine run significantly leaner now? Considering purchasing the link-pipe/oem final exhaust map as correct fueling is what I'm after and eliminating the exhaust bangs - the burbles and pops are actually pretty cool.

Thanks!

Is the GTM map available for the 2021 V7-850 E5? I would like to purchase the Upmap device but wanted to make sure a good map was available.

Thanks,
FMerlino

Is the GTM map available for the 2021 V7-850 E5? I would like to purchase the Upmap device but wanted to make sure a good map was available.
Our map not yet available, but in stock trim or basic exhaust options, it is available now, and tested by us on our AFR dyno.

My 2021 V7-850 E5 is stock except the tank is vented to atmosphere and I will install the SAS block off kit when I receive it (ordered from GTM several days ago). If I buy the Upmap device from GTM, would I be able to update my fueling to the GTM map, or must that be done by GTM?

My 2021 V7-850 E5 is stock except the tank is vented to atmosphere and I will install the SAS block off kit when I receive it (ordered from GTM several days ago). If I buy the Upmap device from GTM, would I be able to update my fueling to the GTM map, or must that be done by GTM?
Very good. The base UpMapping options will be good for those mods (and slip on exhaust options as mentioned above). If UpMap ever allows us to offer our maps on their portal and make a few $’s on them, those who have purchased from us would get one free map.

Very good. The base UpMapping options will be good for those mods (and slip on exhaust options as mentioned above). If UpMap ever allows us to offer our maps on their portal and make a few $’s on them, those who have purchased from us would get one free map.
Thanks,
FMerlino

2021 V85 E5 - Upmap, decat, K&N filter, SAS removed . I had a few issues getting the map from the Upmap site. Eventually got the correct map downloaded. My first impression is a big low end grunt of power that pulls to redline. I will be spending some more time over the next several weeks taking many short and a few long range trips. I'll let you know my findings.

I had a few issues getting the map from the Upmap site.

Seems like this happens to everyone…

I guess their site must be confusing as hell because so many people have written how they got the wrong map, blah blah blah…

I’m feeling all your pain!

Seems like this happens to everyone…
I guess their site must be confusing as hell because so many people have written how they got the wrong map, blah blah blah…
I’m feeling all your pain!
The app shows EU and US map selections, once you know it, it's obvious. The clear sign is that it won't allow your selection which seems to freeze most, instead of selecting another map.

The app shows EU and US map selections, once you know it, it's obvious. The clear sign is that it won't allow your selection which seems to freeze most, instead of selecting another map.
The issue with downloading the map was on the site side. They had the wrong map to the correct link. The unit will not allow you to download an EU map to and US model. After talking with them they straightened out the linking issue.
My initial impression with the mapping and the setup I have is a beefy low end with continual pull through the RPM range. It is noticeable. I will be testing it more thoroughly first weekend in Oct. on a long trip.

At low speed the approval is really improved, more flexibility, no hesitation when opening.
On the other hand, higher in the 4500-500 rpm revs, it's almost too aggressive, the advance should perhaps be reduced a little, from what I have seen the spark advance has not been adjusted, Also the closed gas AFR table has not been adjusted, so the pops remain.
But overall it's still very much appreciated, a good job on main AFR.
I hope we can have a "Todd" version (EU too)...

Last edited:
Back