• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

The upmap flash has fixed the infamous pinging for me. (2020 euro 4 bike)
Good to know because my 2021 V85tt when temperatures are above 75 degrees and stuck in traffic is nearly un rideable. Just installed the Rapid bike module from Todd, Haven't started the bike yet but I hope that it runs as good as my V9 also tuned by Todd. I opted for the Rapid Bike solution, frankly I don't know which is better, UpMap or Rapid bike.

Good to know because my 2021 V85tt when temperatures are above 75 degrees and stuck in traffic is nearly un rideable. Just installed the Rapid bike module from Todd, Haven't started the bike yet but I hope that it runs as good as my V9 also tuned by Todd. I opted for the Rapid Bike solution, frankly I don't know which is better, UpMap or Rapid bike.
Hello, from my experience UpMap works very well.
On the other hand, Easy Rapid Bike did not make any satisfactory changes on my V7 III Euro4, just a slight change in functioning, I even carried out AFR measurements to find nothing positive...

Hello, from my experience UpMap works very well.
On the other hand, Easy Rapid Bike did not make any satisfactory changes on my V7 III Euro4, just a slight change in functioning, I even carried out AFR measurements to find nothing positive...
Just curious, have you removed the catalytic converter, K&n filter, using a free flow exhaust and eliminated the SAS?
Rapid bike claims 2hp gains for the stock bike. However, once modified the gains are bigger. Or so they claim.
Personally, I want the bike to run well, not interested in HUGE power and compromised reliability.

Just curious, have you removed the catalytic converter, K&n filter, using a free flow exhaust and eliminated the SAS?
Rapid bike claims 2hp gains for the stock bike. However, once modified the gains are bigger. Or so they claim.
Personally, I want the bike to run well, not interested in HUGE power and compromised reliability.
No cat, no canister, and Sprint filter for V7 III, no canister and High Flow Cat for my V7 850.
I don't notice any power gain, and don't expect any, even with UpMap, I just appreciate better engine running.

Last edited:
No cat, and Sprint filter for V7 III, High Flow Cat for my V7 850.
I don't notice any power gain, and don't expect any, even with UpMap, I just appreciate better engine running.
That's exactly what I'm after. Smooth running without the high heat hiccups. I installed the EVO version, far different than the Easy.
The EASY just alters the signal from the O2 sensors. The EVO on the other hand is far more involved. Tomorrow I'll fire up the bike, I didn't finish putting everything back together last night.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I'm after. Smooth running without the high heat hiccups. I installed the EVO version, far different than the Easy.
The EASY just alters the signal from the O2 sensors. The EVO on the other hand is far more involved. Tomorrow I'll fire up the bike, I didn't finish putting everything back together last night.
Yes It was the "Easy" Rapid Bike, not the EVO. ;) EVO is a remapping 👍

Here is what I found. I did 400 miles in 40-65 degree weather at varying altitudes and road conditions over a single day in Vermont. The bike pops off the line and pulls through the entire powerband. Seat of the pants performance is great. The quick response at the throttle is smooth and consistent at all speeds and situations. I like this map. There were NO flat spots , NO stuttering and NO throttle delay.
Gas mileage was in the mid - high 40's .
I too get popping most of the time on deceleration. I can live with the slight popping. I would do it again. Thanks Todd.
2021 V85

Here is what I found. I did 400 miles in 40-65 degree weather at varying altitudes and road conditions over a single day in Vermont. The bike pops off the line and pulls through the entire powerband. Seat of the pants performance is great. The quick response at the throttle is smooth and consistent at all speeds and situations. I like this map. There were NO flat spots , NO stuttering and NO throttle delay.
Gas mileage was in the mid - high 40's .
I too get popping most of the time on deceleration. I can live with the slight popping. I would do it again. Thanks Todd.
2021 V85
Thanks for the feedback time. Remind me, you do the SAS and evap delete too?

Hi all,

I’ve had my V7 850 e5 since February and from the get go experienced the fueling problems discussed here. In fact, if I hadn’t been reading this forum before I bought the bike, I would have been sorely disappointed with it as it stopped within one kilometre of the dealership when I picked it up (it was a stinker 34C day)! A quick twist of the fuel cap followed by a gush of air and I was on my way much to the joy of the traffic behind me. I did the evap delete (ala FedeleMotoGuzzi - thank you) but have not installed the SAS caps yet that I bought together with the Upmap device from GTM and started waiting (my bike is an EU model here in Australia). I emailed UpMap asking when they would become available and to my surprise they posted the extra with and without db killer maps soon after. Coincidence? I initially wasn’t sure if I could use the US spec maps or not. Glad I waited. Unfortunately, I had to pay for my first map inspite of using the gift code. Not sure if I stuffed up there or not. I emailed UpMap a couple of times but no response. Although I’m very happy with the strong performance the new map provides, I’m looking forward to Todd’s map if/when they become available. Very grateful to this forum and the contributions that everyone makes. I love my V7 850!!

Hi all,

I’ve had my V7 850 e5 since February and from the get go experienced the fueling problems discussed here. In fact, if I hadn’t been reading this forum before I bought the bike, I would have been sorely disappointed with it as it stopped within one kilometre of the dealership when I picked it up (it was a stinker 34C day)! A quick twist of the fuel cap followed by a gush of air and I was on my way much to the joy of the traffic behind me. I did the evap delete (ala FedeleMotoGuzzi - thank you) but have not installed the SAS caps yet that I bought together with the Upmap device from GTM and started waiting (my bike is an EU model here in Australia). I emailed UpMap asking when they would become available and to my surprise they posted the extra with and without db killer maps soon after. Coincidence? I initially wasn’t sure if I could use the US spec maps or not. Glad I waited. Unfortunately, I had to pay for my first map inspite of using the gift code. Not sure if I stuffed up there or not. I emailed UpMap a couple of times but no response. Although I’m very happy with the strong performance the new map provides, I’m looking forward to Todd’s map if/when they become available. Very grateful to this forum and the contributions that everyone makes. I love my V7 850!!
I'd be very curious to know what Todd thinks about UpMap vs Rapid Bike. What's better, which one has the advantage and which one will have future support. He has stated before that UpMap didn't treat him well by ignoring his inquiries and not allowing him to make some money for his effort to develop maps for the Guzzi community. Maps require a lot of work and testing they don't come out of the thin air. On the other hand, Rapid bike seems to be another feasible option and that's the option which I went for. I just installed it, I haven't started or ridden the V85TT yet. Rapid bike supposedly self adjusts, I'm not sure what Todd does to it any further but I do know that he takes into consideration the type of exhaust, intake filter, SAS, etc. This bring me to the conclusion that he has installed some software to go with the bikes base map. I'm not a tuning expert, in fact I know very little next to nothing on the subject. However, I'm interested to know the differences between the two units and the individual advantages over the other.
Sometimes.....I miss carburetors and old technology....or the simplicity of it.....LOL

good question that interests me.

UpMap is much less visible, the box can be removed and leave no trace. It's important to my dealership and my insurance.

But the self-adaptive side and the fact of being able to act on some parameters would have interested me, if it works well.

Very good. The base UpMapping options will be good for those mods (and slip on exhaust options as mentioned above). If UpMap ever allows us to offer our maps on their portal and make a few $’s on them, those who have purchased from us would get one free map.
When you say ‘the base UpMap option’, I assume you are referring to the Guareschi Moto map on the UpMap website. I was hoping for a GTM map, but…

I only need a base map, as I am running evap can delete, SAS delete (received from GTM but not installed yet) and stock exhaust.

Has anyone with a 2021 V7-850 E5 US version. Done this? I hate being the first. Please chime in if you have done this.

Very good. The base UpMapping options will be good for those mods (and slip on exhaust options as mentioned above). If UpMap ever allows us to offer our maps on their portal and make a few $’s on them, those who have purchased from us would get one free map.
I am totally confused. Please review the 6 posts above back and forth from me and GTM. I ask if the GTM map is available. Your response is not available, but for stock or basic exhaust options it’s available and tested by GTM.

Trying to clear up the confusion, I asked “If I buy the UpMap device from GTM, would I be able to update my fueling to the GTM map, or must that be done by GTM?”

Your response was … if UpMap ever allows us to offer maps on their portal.

This response makes me think I can’t remap at this time.

I want to improve the fueling on my bike, but don’t want to order the UpMap device if a good map isn’t available. I am also not very close to GTM. I hoped that someone much more savvy about remapping had already done what I want to do, i.e. use UpMap at home to correct their fueling. I posted questions about this on the forum hoping this savvy person would chime in and tell me what they did. The Administrator told me that there is no reason to post those questions there.

So, I’ll start again. 2021 V7-E5 US version. Stock mufflers, fuel tank vented to tank, SAS system from GTM installed. What steps should I take to update my fueling?

I am totally confused. Please review the 6 posts above back and forth from me and GTM. I ask if the GTM map is available. Your response is not available, but for stock or basic exhaust options it’s available and tested by GTM.

Trying to clear up the confusion, I asked “If I buy the UpMap device from GTM, would I be able to update my fueling to the GTM map, or must that be done by GTM?”

Your response was … if UpMap ever allows us to offer maps on their portal.

This response makes me think I can’t remap at this time.

I want to improve the fueling on my bike, but don’t want to order the UpMap device if a good map isn’t available. I am also not very close to GTM. I hoped that someone much more savvy about remapping had already done what I want to do, i.e. use UpMap at home to correct their fueling. I posted questions about this on the forum hoping this savvy person would chime in and tell me what they did. The Administrator told me that there is no reason to post those questions there.

So, I’ll start again. 2021 V7-E5 US version. Stock mufflers, fuel tank vented to tank, SAS system from GTM installed. What steps should I take to update my fueling?
The upmap is presently available with upmap maps, both for unmodified and modified (aftermarket exhausts etc)

Just had my 10,000km service and map change to 871CMAAT. Definitly a step in the right direction. I'll leave it a week or so then load the Upmap - which for me will be the

V7 850M 21 EU SO​

Reactions: Van
On my side a got error code and brand new iphone, No anwers from upmap only auto answering. Cheap from upmap. If somebuddy had this code. Need infos.

Attachments

• Up map.png
    Up map.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 5
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa!

It turns out that it was user error (as we like to say, an ID:10T error) combined perhaps with wonky UI design on the UpMap side :p

When selecting a map (I went with the "Zard FD" for headers, de-cat and dB-killer) I _thought_ was looking at a list of US maps, but they jumble together US and EU maps with no apparent rhyme or reason to the sort order, and of course... I inadvertently grabbed the EU version of the map. Realized my problem, got the correct map ($$$ LOL @ expensive mistake) and that one flashed up A-OK.

Hoping this map works well enough for the exhaust setup I have now. It certainly can't be worse than the OEM map, I'm thinking. Now... to go see how it goes...

Hopefully others can learn from my silly mistake.

__Jason
jw i have the same bug, you are telling me that eu maps with america models or what. I have choose the last one wth with no dbk.

V85 21 CHN ZARD FR Its writen cnd as i know it mean canadian. Im fuck up with those rerms.​

Back