• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

Hi, I had Frasers fit the Tom Tom lead into the internal wiring when I had the Oxford heated grips fitted.
I used my old ram Mount from my zzr1400 works a treat , clean lines no fuss 👍😁
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_8953.jpeg
    IMG_8953.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8950.jpeg
    IMG_8950.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 30
Hi, I had Frasers fit the Tom Tom lead into the internal wiring when I had the Oxford heated grips fitted.
I used my old ram Mount from my zzr1400 works a treat , clean lines no fuss 👍😁
Dave
Thanks. I'll get them to do it when I get the 1500 km service done and they fit the centre stand as they didn't have one for delivery.

Have already added the rad guard and swapped the horns out for 2-tone high SPL units.

IMG 7684

No just extended the existing wiring. They don't draw much current.

Did you lift the rad up first to install the guard on the bottom mounts or just sit in front using the top mounting screw?

the bottom of the radiator guard has two large round holes and they just pushed onto lower Radiator mount with help from a silicon spray.

I have purchased that radiator guard as well. Thank you very much for the info.

FWIW: If you want a lubricant for rubber bushings like that, but you don’t want it to remain slippery from silicon spray, I actually use my spit believe it or not.

Works fantastic for mating tight items together and when it dries in a couple minutes, it is fixed in place with no slippery silicone residue.

😄

I have purchased that radiator guard as well. Thank you very much for the info.

FWIW: If you want a lubricant for rubber bushings like that, but you don’t want it to remain slippery from silicon spray, I actually use my spit believe it or not.

Works fantastic for mating tight items together and when it dries in a couple minutes, it is fixed in place with no slippery silicone residue.

😄

I've got the evotech rad guard, same technique, it slips nicely into the two lower rubber bushings with a bit of spit to ease it in.

Farkles*!!

My V100S in Verde 2121 - still waiting for some to arrive, and for cooler weather to fit others ... I post some pics once more are fitted.
OEM crash bars (black tubular, so as to fit driving lights) - fitted
OEM Driving Lights - fitted
OEM USB port (waiting - no date yet)
OEM Low heated comfort seat (and have had cause to use it - it's toasty!!)
OEM comfort pillion seat (waiting - no date yet)
OEM centre stand (waiting - no date yet)
OEM touring screen (will fit after our Australian summer)
OEM Rack and topcase (w Black pad) - fitted
- not as fugly as web pics suggest, but I will remove both and refit only for major trips
- will colour-code the lid to Verde with the panniers and seat cowl
OEM panniers - due in two weeks - will colour-code the silver/grey panels to Verde (just the green)
Motorbike-passion liner bags (set) - pannier liners colour-match to the Verde 2121 scheme
Givi 5 litre tank bag and ring - fitted
SW Motech side stand foot - fitted
Givi handguards (will fit after our Australian summer)
Pyramid fender extender - fitted
Pyramid seat cowl Verde - ordered (4 week wait)
MV-Motorrad footpeg lowering kit - in transit (I need to un-cramp my knees)
GT Moto rear wheel spanner - in transit

I will also order a radiator screen today - essential in Australia (I've had to trailer friends' bikes after radiator damage).
A better horn is also needed - haven't chosen which, yet.

Almost all the non-MG accessories are coming from Europe (or UK). Australian distributors don't seem to have V100 stock on hand so it's quicker and often less expensive to buy/ship from Europe.

I think I'll have a two-bikes-in-one set-up ...
- Mostly run with the rear seat cowl, small screen, and colour-coded panniers when necessary
- switch to rear rack and topcase with touring screen for longer trips and pillion trips

(* Farkles is our word for mods / accessories ... assume it is here, too: I love that it implies both great mods, and a sense of "bling")

The USB port that is mounted under the pillion seat can be shifted to the front fairing. There is a connector marked USB that supplies 12v to the USB unit that has a built in 12v to 5v converter. Ive done it on my V100s
Thanks Kevin - after reading through this forum, I knew that this was an available work-around ... I want to run a USB cord into my tank bag, and the front USB location is more practical for that (and better aesthetically). I don't need to do this yesterday, so I can wait (for now). Plus, unlike all the other OEM stuff, it's inexpensive.

Hi there and Happy New Year for everybody!
My V100 Rosso has now 2600kms and first service complete. I faced no any issues and it is a joy to ride it.
This is my list of modifications:
-REAR SHOCK
My weight is 82kgs / 180lbs and the rear OEM shock spring was to harsh for me so I replaced it with a french EMC Sportshock2 with its spring taylored to my weight, now the suspension is very comfortable and the hydraulics are easily adjustable.
-WINDSCREEN
Isotta Bassa Fume Scuro 45x 34,5 cms with same thickness as the OEM. OEM size is 38 x 34 cms. I am 187cms (6 feet 2 inches) tall and now I can ride up to 160-170km/h with comfort and no wind buffeting with the screen in full up position.
-SEAT
I upholstered the seat 4cms (2,5") higher using the original fabric. Now my legs are comfortable with no pain.
-AERODYNAMIC FLAPS
I applied gold vinyl under the aerodynamic flaps using the same color as the head covers and wheels because on the V100 Rosso model the painting around them is red making them almost invisible.
-OEM PANNIERS
Painted in red.
-HORN replaced with a higher less ridiculous one.
-CLUTCH and FRONT BRAKE RESERVOIRS
Replaced with aluminium CNC Rizoma ones. The transparent plastic OEM ones seem to me awful urine sample bottles not acceptable for such stylish Italian motorcycle.
-MIRRORS
Replaced with bar end aluminium CNC ones for a cleaner and more sportier look. Visibility is also good.
-ALUMINIUM RADIATOR GUARD
-RUBBER taps on driver pegs screws and big central frame to engine screw.
-PASSENGER BAG Small passenger saddle bag. It suits the bike shape and it is very handy to keep gloves, wallet, and plastic rain trousers.
-SILENCER I ordered a LeoVince short muffler I will adapt welding a proper stainless pipe. I find the OEM silencer sound not deep nor audible by me when cruising on canyon curves. I am looking not for a loud sound but for a deeper one that suits this powerful twin.

Attachments

• 1703185923850.jpg
    1703185923850.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 49
  • Amortiguador EMC.jpg
    Amortiguador EMC.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 1703185923859.jpg
    1703185923859.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 51
  • 1703185895195.jpg
    1703185895195.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 1703185923855.jpg
    1703185923855.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 47
Farkles*!!

My V100S in Verde 2121 - still waiting for some to arrive, and for cooler weather to fit others ... I post some pics once more are fitted.
OEM crash bars (black tubular, so as to fit driving lights) - fitted
OEM Driving Lights - fitted
OEM USB port (waiting - no date yet)
OEM Low heated comfort seat (and have had cause to use it - it's toasty!!)
OEM comfort pillion seat (waiting - no date yet)
OEM centre stand (waiting - no date yet)
OEM touring screen (will fit after our Australian summer)
OEM Rack and topcase (w Black pad) - fitted
- not as fugly as web pics suggest, but I will remove both and refit only for major trips
- will colour-code the lid to Verde with the panniers and seat cowl
OEM panniers - due in two weeks - will colour-code the silver/grey panels to Verde (just the green)
Motorbike-passion liner bags (set) - pannier liners colour-match to the Verde 2121 scheme
Givi 5 litre tank bag and ring - fitted
SW Motech side stand foot - fitted
Givi handguards (will fit after our Australian summer)
Pyramid fender extender - fitted
Pyramid seat cowl Verde - ordered (4 week wait)
MV-Motorrad footpeg lowering kit - in transit (I need to un-cramp my knees)
GT Moto rear wheel spanner - in transit

I will also order a radiator screen today - essential in Australia (I've had to trailer friends' bikes after radiator damage).
A better horn is also needed - haven't chosen which, yet.

Almost all the non-MG accessories are coming from Europe (or UK). Australian distributors don't seem to have V100 stock on hand so it's quicker and often less expensive to buy/ship from Europe.

I think I'll have a two-bikes-in-one set-up ...
- Mostly run with the rear seat cowl, small screen, and colour-coded panniers when necessary
- switch to rear rack and topcase with touring screen for longer trips and pillion trips

(* Farkles is our word for mods / accessories ... assume it is here, too: I love that it implies both great mods, and a sense of "bling")
All I've added so far are hand guards from Givi andScreen protector from Speedo Angel. I've got a fender extender on order from Pyramid and frame plugs and bolt covers from Gutsibits. I may add a radiator guard in due course and the only other thing I'd definitely get if I can ever find one is a rear hugger. Anybody know of one?

I’ve just fited an Isotta sat nav bracket on my V100S. I do like how the sat nav sits above the bike display. It’s much easier to see when riding..

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 29
I’ve just fited an Isotta sat nav bracket on my V100S. I do like how the sat nav sits above the bike display. It’s much easier to see when riding..
That’s awesome timing, as I’ve ordered the same bracket for my XT2, and glad to see people having a positive experience with it, thanks 👍

I be got the Blaze Pro Saddlebags now, that’s enough space for luggage for me as I don’t have a pillion, enough room on the pillion seat for a drybag with camping gear as well.

They won’t be for everyone, but they are quick and clean and less than 1/3 the price of the stock panniers.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpeg
    IMG_0522.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0524.jpeg
    IMG_0524.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0517.jpeg
    IMG_0517.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 47
Interesting setup but with that floating rod design, I would pay strict attention to the stipulated bag weight limits as people always overload their bag with excess weight.

Those Blaze Pro bags look like a cost effective solution if you only use them occasionall. 👍

Back