• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

I am trying to add an after market led brake light and I need to splice into the brake light circuit. Does anyone know the wire color codes? I assume green is ground, the others tail & brake. This is the connector. Thanks.
Don't assume green is ground, on my Breva blue is ground. Use a meter to test and confirm. On the V100 I think Yellow is the tail light and yellow/green is the brake light

Last edited:
I am trying to add an after market led brake light and I need to splice into the brake light circuit. Does anyone know the wire color codes? I assume green is ground, the others tail & brake. This is the connector. Thanks.

Please! 🙏🙏🙏

You should consult the wiring diagram in the DOWNLOADS section before messing with the wiring. It is a hybrid CANbus and there are points of measured resistance along certain pathways.

It IS NOT like a motorcycle from the 70’s and 80’s where you cannot cause much of an issue.

You can seriously screw up your electrical system and damage your wiring without realizing it.

FYI the DOWNLOADS section is available to contributing members only.

You can permanently UPGRADE your account and gain immediate access while supporting the site with a small donation.

I believe the minimum is $25 nowadays. Well worth the available resources to you.

Good luck!

I just bought and installed the givi screen (D8207ST).
i'm 6'5", and i find it to be very effective. the stock screen did nothing for me, and in the raised position, it drove a lot of wind buffeting into my helmet. in the lower position, it was too similar to riding a naked bike.
with the givi screen, it feels much much better. quiet. and lovely to ride.
How much taller than stock do you think this screen is? And where did you get it? (I'm also in the Bay Area)

I have the Biondi medium screen and wish I'd gone bigger. I'm used to more wind protection.

I took delivery on March 23rd of last year and so far have16,350 miles on my Mandello V100S. General comments, relating to many other posted comments:
SEAT - Comfortable for 3 or 4 hours and then starts to get bothersome. I've contacted Corbin but they don't have anything available yet, if someone has found a good looking LD replacement, I'm all ears.
WINDSHIELD - I immediately went to the Touring Windshield and for me it's a marked, and satisfactory step up from the stock windshield.
HEATED GRIPS - No problems whatsoever
EXHAUST SYSTEM - One area where I had a warranty issue. After 10,500 miles the exhaust pipe broke immediately aft of the CAT. My dealer fixed it under warranty, within a few weeks and until then I was able to wire and wrap it so that I could still ride. I happened to be in Mandello del Lario last September and stopped at Agostini, the Moto Guzzi dealer in Mandello and they showed me a new exhaust system that they had built for the Mandello, but they hadn't tested it yet so didn't have performance or noise data on it. But it sure looked nice. If it fails again, I'll look into an aftermarket pipe.
TIRES - The Pirelli's that it came with tracked rain grooves terribly, I had them replaced at 2500 miles and went to Michelin Road 6's which is what I run on a couple of other bikes, and it cured the groove tracking issue and I rode over 12000 miles on them before the rear tire started to get close to the point where I wouldn't be comfortable leaving on a decent length ride.
Other than that I haven't had any that has been notable or bothered me.

Roger

CalSci windscreen review:
The largest size windscreen allows for a much increased amount of adjustment which allows me to find a very nice comfort spot. There’s no buffeting at all regardless of the speed because of the venting.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for improved wind protection!

CalSci windscreen review:
The largest size windscreen allows for a much increased amount of adjustment which allows me to find a very nice comfort spot. There’s no buffeting at all regardless of the speed because of the venting.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for improved wind protection!
No buffeting at all on my CalSci either (medium screen) - but still getting more noise, than I would have hoped for. Still fidgeting with the set-up. Having the high OEM seat option and ROX risers has put me in a much more upright position (needed for touring comfort following injuries in a moto accident 2 years ago).

T2

No buffeting at all on my CalSci either (medium screen) - but still getting more noise, than I would have hoped for. Still fidgeting with the set-up. Having the high OEM seat option and ROX risers has put me in a much more upright position (needed for touring comfort following injuries in a moto accident 2 years ago).

T2
I can totally relate because I was in a dump truck accident 10 years ago and I just started riding again, and I wanted a more upright riding position and I wanted the handlebars a little higher and closer to me so that I’m not riding with my arms completely stretched out.
I just had SW Mototech 20 mm risers installed and they’re an improvement. My excellent dealership (Moto Richmond) also ordered the 30 mm risers just in case I want to try them. That’s what I consider excellent customer service!

I did not buy the top box ,as it looks like the most ridicules thing perched high on the rear of the bike .
Did get the Guzzi touring screen seems good for wind protection have not been in the rain yet.I am 5’ 10”.
Got a minstrel radiator screen and have ordered an extended front mudguard as the std one is worthless.
Also raised the handlebars and extended the gear change lever .
How did you extend the gear shift lever and what product did you buy and from where. Thanks.

How did you extend the gear shift lever and what product did you buy and from where. Thanks.
Every day I chase many of these. Please read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, then click on the STORE tab above. We have 700+ products dedicated to those here. Courtesy link for one below. Read, search, enjoy.i

Here you go, full side pic with the tank protectors fitted 👍

The more I look at them the more I actually like them.

View attachment 32860
Hi Fluff, have you made any progress with a UK supplier of PPF for the Mandello? I've noticed a patch on the tank where my left knee rubs, almost exactly at the tip of your protectors at the rear edge of the head.

Good afternoon, I bought tank protection and a universal kit fro R&G Racing . Tank kit protects the sides and universal can be cut to protect any other areas .

Just a caveat , iim not connected with this company in any way and don't want o break rules about advertising other companies. Was the only clear sheet protector I could find .

I did not buy the top box ,as it looks like the most ridicules thing perched high on the rear of the bike .
Did get the Guzzi touring screen seems good for wind protection have not been in the rain yet.I am 5’ 10”.
Got a minstrel radiator screen and have ordered an extended front mudguard as the std one is worthless.
Also raised the handlebars and extended the gear change lever .
Hi...that is what I am looking for an extended front mudguard...since I am sickntired to always use my teethbrush to clean the radiator. Can you give me link or source wher I could buy an extension for the front fender...also a picture would be nice.

Hi...that is what I am looking for an extended front mudguard...since I am sickntired to always use my teethbrush to clean the radiator. Can you give me link or source wher I could buy an extension for the front fender...also a picture would be nice.
Just look up Pyramid fender extender - they make a small one, and this is the larger one.
20231201 093009

Back