• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 saddlebags note and warning!

Hi folks, as above 👍 thought I’d go check my pannier’s as I haven’t refitted them since I bought my bike in may.
Left side was a pain until I did it half a dozen times to get angle correct. Lubed up to the max with silicone 👍👍sorted.
Right pannier, exhaust side, a lot easier to fit.no need to angle it, yes I’m using the centre stand 😁.
Just make sure the square wedge is fully home.As per the arrow in photo.
Then I yanked panniers side to side, up and down ….. No worries
Then noticed rubber grommets on handles had fallen on floor 🤔
Superglues your friend 🤣🤣❗
Dave on the red one 😁
IMG 9500 IMG 9498 IMG 9499

Hi folks, as above 👍 thought I’d go check my pannier’s as I haven’t refitted them since I bought my bike in may.
Left side was a pain until I did it half a dozen times to get angle correct. Lubed up to the max with silicone 👍👍sorted.
Right pannier, exhaust side, a lot easier to fit.no need to angle it, yes I’m using the centre stand 😁.
Just make sure the square wedge is fully home.As per the arrow in photo.
Then I yanked panniers side to side, up and down ….. No worries
Then noticed rubber grommets on handles had fallen on floor 🤔
Superglues your friend 🤣🤣❗
Dave on the red one 😁
View attachment 32532View attachment 32533View attachment 32534
Thanks for the grommet bumper notice. Three out of four now missing after four states, motels, and re-newbie error tipovers, using the panniers as rear drop-guards. Keep making mistakes I had long-ago taught others to avoid, but 50 years later what I know isn't what my reactions do. Back to ride-one skill level, just with a greater appreciation for the practice it's going to take to get the muscle-memory retrained. Currently I am right arm (strong-side) stiff-winged in a surgical post-Ulnar-nerve-op dressing, but plan to have pictures and experiences to share re: pannier attachment when I am permitted more mobility of my arm.

Could one of you check the inner of your pannier, 10 screws came in the kit, 8 secured the mounting bracket, 2 secured the handle and when i assembled mine there appears to be a screw missing. 0

Could one of you check the inner of your pannier, 10 screws came in the kit, 8 secured the mounting bracket, 2 secured the handle and when i assembled mine there appears to be a screw missing.View attachment 32549
I just took this apart the other day to re-key my panniers. Unfortunately, there is a short screw in this position (both sides) and both of mine were mostly stripped when I went to remove them.

Ditto & I assembled them myself. One bag had 11 screws the other 10 in the hardware kit.

They also came with more lock barrels than I could use in a lifetime, especially given I used the ones that came with the bike.

Last edited:
Are the OEM panniers worth it,those who have fitted them? I only ask because I do not know whether to splash out on a pair (at £900 in the UK they are pricey),or wait for Shad to bring out a set.What do people think?

Could one of you check the inner of your pannier, 10 screws came in the kit, 8 secured the mounting bracket, 2 secured the handle and when i assembled mine there appears to be a screw missing.View attachment 32549
Thanks for info, yes all screws fitted and tight.
Didn’t know they came as a kit to assemble.
Taught myself how to fit them at the bike shop…. Salesman didn’t know 🤣🤣🤣
Luckily I’m a retired aircraft engineer 🤪🤪🤪🤪bigger hammer ❗
Dave on the red and gold 😁

Are the OEM panniers worth it,those who have fitted them? I only ask because I do not know whether to splash out on a pair (at £900 in the UK they are pricey),or wait for Shad to bring out a set.What do people think?
100 percent ❗
You buy them once at the start, accept the cost and enjoy them till you sell the bike and add a percentage when selling.
Sorted 👍
Dave on the red and gold 😜 IMG 8527

Yes they are good panniers, well worth the money IMHO
Looks good, fits without ugly added bars or other fitting details, and are more snug than any aftermarket options.
So nice looking, narrow profile on the bike, hardly noticeable OEM mounting positions.
Yes pricey (even more so in Sweden, about EUR140…).
And really water tight, as proved on two trips with lots of torrential rain!

Plus as mentioned, you will likely get something back when selling the bike (selling…? 🤔).
Or the opposite, will buyers negotiate the price with the argument that the bike doesn’t have the OEM panniers?

I like mine very much. Irregardless of some bad press about them here, they look great on the bike ( and will not fall off) and no mounting brackets to spoil the look when removed. They are well made, just be sure you super glue the small rubber bumpers into the handles. Here in the States they are sold at $850 (697 GBP). Don’t know why the added cost for UK

I'm happy with mine, despite three of four bumper-grommets being now-missing from under the handles. This re-newbie insists on making plow-boy landings and letting the bike tip over. (Know cause and cure, need right-practice.) Panniers are lightly scratched, bike is not. First tip-over actually drug the left pannier out of the rear mount-socket, but with minimal deforming of the parts. Plugged all back and have had no trouble for over 1500 miles so far.

Really interested in getting these. They come already put together? Reading the thread, seems like they just snap in with the seat removed. AF1 has them for $850 right now. Has anyone painted them yet? The grey with my red bike is not really what I want, like to match it with red.

Really interested in getting these. They come already put together? Reading the thread, seems like they just snap in with the seat removed. AF1 has them for $850 right now. Has anyone painted them yet? The grey with my red bike is not really what I want, like to match it with red.
They are great, a little sticky to fit initially, but I’ve seen a lot of great ideas on here to secure (pin through lower mount) and paint pen marking when fully seated. I need to get the inner bags before I take a long trip. I plan to take mine to a local painter over the winter, three screws on each side and the the grey portions come off.

Took about 20 minutes to swap the locks so the entire bike is keyed alike.

They are great, a little sticky to fit initially, but I’ve seen a lot of great ideas on here to secure (pin through lower mount) and paint pen marking when fully seated. I need to get the inner bags before I take a long trip. I plan to take mine to a local painter over the winter, three screws on each side and the the grey portions come off.

Took about 20 minutes to swap the locks so the entire bike is keyed alike.
I purchased inner bags by Great Bikers Gear from Amazon where I found the best price. I like them, and they have a pocket on the outside for papers, maps etc.

Pricy but you will like them; just take care mounting them.

Back