• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 saddlebags note and warning!

For those of you with OEM bags, the other night I noticed that the front verticle edge where the silver insert meets the black main body of the bag, had a gap approx. 1/32" at the front verticle seam, that showed two alignment pins and just didn't look right. I've had the bike since late May and didn't notice this before, but maybe the light or angle was different, but I noticed and it. I removed the silver accent panel and found on both L&R sides a small nylon washer in only the front screw recess, the same thickness of the gap. I removed the nylon washers, re-assembled, and no more gap. I see no reason for the washers, as there is still a very small gap that looks correct, and the silver panel now has an even recess to the black main body where before the silver panel stuck out in the front along the horizontal seam........

For those of you with OEM bags, the other night I noticed that the front verticle edge where the silver insert meets the black main body of the bag, had a gap approx. 1/32" at the front verticle seam, that showed two alignment pins and just didn't look right. I've had the bike since late May and didn't notice this before, but maybe the light or angle was different, but I noticed and it. I removed the silver accent panel and found on both L&R sides a small nylon washer in only the front screw recess, the same thickness of the gap. I removed the nylon washers, re-assembled, and no more gap. I see no reason for the washers, as there is still a very small gap that looks correct, and the silver panel now has an even recess to the black main body where before the silver panel stuck out in the front along the horizontal seam........
My panniers have worked perfect so far, no odd misalignment either.

At least when one of you early adopters -- don't get sensitive on me; just teasing; I like the V100 ;) -- has an oopsie and damages a pannier, you can buy one.

Pity the poor V85 owner who, e.g., to replace a damaged OEM side case, has to buy the set of two panniers and top case for c.$3K USD. :mad:

On the (relatively) bright side -- as my example was not hypothetical :cry: -- I found a fellow (or, more accurately, he found me when I mentioned my plight) who did not want the OEM and sold me all three for half the OEM cost. Not cheap, but certainly better ... and I now have spares for the other side and top case!

Bill

At least when one of you early adopters -- don't get sensitive on me; just teasing; I like the V100 ;) -- has an oopsie and damages a pannier, you can buy one.

Pity the poor V85 owner who, e.g., to replace a damaged OEM side case, has to buy the set of two panniers and top case for c.$3K USD. :mad:

On the (relatively) bright side -- as my example was not hypothetical :cry: -- I found a fellow (or, more accurately, he found me when I mentioned my plight) who did not want the OEM and sold me all three for half the OEM cost. Not cheap, but certainly better ... and I now have spares for the other side and top case!

Bill
Can you buy a single pannier on the V100? Last I checked you could only buy a pair.

My panniers have worked perfect so far, no odd misalignment either.
Mine work perfect, but difference between the top and bottom of the gap between the black and grey looked bad. These images are after the small nylon washers were removed. I you can imagine the thickness of the washer added to the lowest point along the verticle seam, it was that much wider and did not look right. No worries now though! IMG 3780 IMG 3781 IMG 3782

Last edited:
Can you buy a single pannier on the V100? Last I checked you could only buy a pair.
As far as I know you are correct, that they are sold as a pair only.
And just like the V85 can be purchased as either the pair side bags alone, or the top case independently.

Last edited:
Thanks for the grommet bumper notice. Three out of four now missing after four states, motels, and re-newbie error tipovers, using the panniers as rear drop-guards. Keep making mistakes I had long-ago taught others to avoid, but 50 years later what I know isn't what my reactions do. Back to ride-one skill level, just with a greater appreciation for the practice it's going to take to get the muscle-memory retrained. Currently I am right arm (strong-side) stiff-winged in a surgical post-Ulnar-nerve-op dressing, but plan to have pictures and experiences to share re: pannier attachment when I am permitted more mobility of my arm.
Part number for rubber bumper:
I know some have said theirs have fallen out and are lost (super glue them). I have yet to find a parts list for the Paniers, but I found them in the V100 Spare Parts Catalogue, they push into two places on each side of the black inner (rear) mudguard and provide a cushion between the outer painted front mudguard:

In the index they can be found under:
BODY
Index (page) 17
Table 02.030, Front Mudguard-Pillar
Pos 6
Code (Part Number) AP8220488

I cofirmed they are the same as the rubber cushions in the handles.
For what they are they are crazy expensive at $3.89.........

First service done, … and panniers installed (weight capy - 11lbs ea):

View attachment 30604

After purposely taking some bumpy back roads, and I-275 with nasty expansion joints, I am happy to say, I made it home without losing them😉. They seem to lock in pretty well, once into position. While waiting on them, I ordered some pannier liners. These will be nice for traveling - load “them” and carry to and from bike. Seem like nice liners… reflective piping, denier with nylon inner coating to keep things dry, 2 zips per bag (at front and back), exterior side zipper and interior side stash pocket, both shoulder strap and carry handles, rubber feet on bottoms to keep from sliding around inside panniers. $120 for both, delivered (to Cincinnati) from GB in less than a week via trackable DHL. Recommended 👍

View attachment 30605
Hi, Where did you get the pannier liners? Can you send us the link Chears Carl

Reactions: BDS
Hi, Where did you get the pannier liners? Can you send us the link Chears Carl
Yes, (as Dave pointed out) Greatbikersgear is where I got mine as well. Very quick shipping, well made. I’ve done about 4500 miles - including several multi-day trips with liners loaded and in, with no rips, issues or wear spots. They fit very well, and are easy to carry and load into the panniers. The shoulder straps are nice👍. There are other liner makers for the V100, but I’m happy with these for quality and price😁. Good luck!

My bike came with spare locks for the bags using the bike key and then the bags came with locks with different keys that I did not use
I think it is std , so check back with your dealer as they might have kept your bike keyed locks ?.
Yes my V100 also came with 2 locks that work with the ignition key

So did mine if I can remember where I put them. Lol. I haven't gotten my bags yet. I hope soon as I haven't been able to use the bike for errands. I've had to "rely" on my V7. I wish I had paid more attention to available accessories, CBow mounts are available which I have bags that work on those.

Just got back the covers after a vinyl wrap, they turned out great. NOTE: be careful on removing. The "locking" tabs are terribly designed for robustness and either I partially snapped one or it happened at the factory. I went ahead and applied epoxy to all four tabs for any future needs.

V100 SB WRAP

They look really nice.

I'd hoped to wrap mine but nothing came close to matching the Navale grey, two shades of grey looked worse than the silver.... :(....

@indyrider, Do you have a full side picture of the bike with the color on the covers?

I like what I see in your photo above. I've got to believe it makes the overall package look much better.

Back