RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Nashou66

Nashou66 Just got it firing!

Hi, Bought my V7 Racer in April of 2015 , it was a '14 model year. Run number 1013. Not sure how far the run is that year? Anyone know?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Athanasios

joejacobi and GT-Rx® like this.
  2. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

That rear bag is amazing. Where did you get that?

3. Nashou66

Thanks!!! ,

Bought both on Amazon while looking for fork bags. Both were actually mens purses I had a friend who works in leather add attaching straps made from the shoulder straps of the purses . I just looked back in my order history and both are not available anymore from that seller. But if you look hard enough you might find something similar. Maybe do a Cylinder mend ours or shoulder bag etc.

Athanasios

Poppe likes this.
  4. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

That's really smart! Thanks. Beautiful bike. I'm always torn by the racer and if I should have gotten it, then I get back on my stone and life feels right. Ha. I feel like I need a Stone, a Racer and a Special.

Nashou66 likes this.
  5. Nashou66

Don't forget a V9 too !!!!

I love allusive of those bikes along with the Anniversario. But I can just get the seat for it and it will be so close .

Athanasios

6. insignia100

insignia100 Just got it firing!

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just got my first Moto Guzzi today. I traded my 2007 Road Star 1700 for a 2013 V7 Stone. I only have 10 miles on the bike so far but I'm pretty impressed. I was afraid that it would feel underpowered (previously owned a Bandit 1200), but the bike's light weight really gives it some pep, and definitely feels quicker than the barge that was the Road Star. This is my 9th bike in as many years of riding, but my first "exotic" bike (i.e. something other than a Japanese bike). Definitely looking forward to putting some miles on the Guzzi and see if it speaks to me.

Oh, and here are some pics.

Attached Files:

NorthernProducer and Chokoloso like this.
  7. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Welcome insignia100.
    Love the bike, but what's the hot spot on your muffler near the passenger peg? Anyone know if that's normal?

8. decotriumph

decotriumph Tuned and Synch'ed

Welcome. Cool bike. I like the flyscreen.

9. NorthernProducer

NorthernProducer Just got it firing!

Welcome and that's one fine looking V7!

10. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I thought that blue on the muffler could be caused by bad plug caps?

11. insignia100

insignia100 Just got it firing!

Any other symptoms of bag plug caps other than the bluing? Because the bike runs great. Thinking if that was the cause, its probably already been fixed.

12. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Well, novel at least. Can someone knowledgeable please explain how plug caps cause a hot spot 3/4 the way through the exhaust system:wondering:.

13. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

14. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure if I'm considered knowledgeable here or not anymore, but un-burned fuel re-ignites at the cat-con in the muffler in this instance. Often actual fire can be seen exiting the muffler when this happens.

tonUPRacer and DK-V7classic like this.
  15. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed

16. Carlos Rivera

Carlos Rivera Just got it firing!

Thought I'd add more pics. So far 2500 trouble free miles thanks to this forums great resources.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

schajo, Poppe, Nashou66 and 4 others like this.
  17. voncrump

voncrump Just got it firing!

image.jpeg Gidday Todd. I have a V711 Stone. Purchased July 2016. Now done 7500km
    ZGULW1004FM200573. Merv Bennett Rongotea NZ. Purchased from Scooterazzi Wellington NZ.

18. GR1

GR1 Tuned and Synch'ed

Bit late getting these on here but finally a good opportunity. Top pic is my buddy on Todd's V7iii Racer 820. WOW - what a bike. Anyone visiting SoCal and looking for a ride, look no further

Second is my v7ii Stone. Running great with a GT re-flash and MRA windscreen. Alas now I want everything that is on that racer too...

Photos taken on the CA 33, North of Ojai. An excellent ride for anyone who hasn't been. Pavement is immaculate, views are great, and we had almost no traffic even on a perfect Saturday for riding
    IMG_2941-02-10-17-10-42.JPG IMG_2943-02-10-17-10-42.JPG

schajo, Stradagene and Poppe like this.
  19. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

Too bad I didn't see you guys! I was up on the 33 this Sunday as well on my '13 V7R 820-Quattrovalvole!!

GR1 and DK-V7classic like this.
  20. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Today: My brandy-new V7III Racer and me...

At the dealer taking delivery, and the bike parked at home in my garage after a 50 mile ride. Woo Hoo!

171004-3463.jpg 171004-3465.jpg

2017 vintage, VIN serial number portion x000037.

It says "96" on the upper fork yoke. Is that significant? Seems to me the V7II Racer the dealer had in stock also had "96" on the upper fork yoke. Just a coincidence?

onwards!
    G

Attackpug, GR1, roadscum and 2 others like this.