RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

V85 TT Info

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The "unknown" part is what I love about them. (among many other things)

Poppe likes this.
  2. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I wasn’t too surprised by random YouTube bloggers or websites that aren’t the big brands like this ADV Pulse, but revzilla really threw me off. Ha, like who are they hiring?

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

So isn’t the biggest question why didn’t they invite GuzziTech? Someone who has been most brand loyal and one who promotes the brand more so then any of these people. If anyone ever figures it out, let me know.

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  4. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I think the reason for that is that they are not looking for sales to Guzzi enthusiasts. Had a long talk with Guzzi marketing in the UK some years back. They made it quite clear that they viewed Guzzi enthusiasts as pipe smoking, bearded , beer-gutted motorcyclists who would not be interested in new models. Currently in the UK the "bonus" product sold with the V85 is a matching set of helmet, jacket and pants (for a mere £199 if you book a test ride). Now which audience do you think that's aimed at?

Poppe likes this.
  5. GT-Rx®

Sure, except none of that applies to me or the larger demographic here... and ignorance to what I provide both here, in person and via my rentals, is baffling. I get more people on Guzzis (rentals), have arguably been one of their best customers, service help (I step in when dealers won’t or worse), and one of their best brand ambassadors. Almost every other manufacturer invites brand loyal Forum owners to their events (I know because I am part of many others). I own two Stelvios, and will land one of the first V85TT that lands here in SoCal. So then what/why?

6. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

Moto Guzzi has never acted like that, nor Piaggio.
    Yes, we know it would be a smart move.
    No, they really are not known for "smart marketing"...

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

The guy I spoke to was Phil Read (Jnr) who was employed to market Guzzi in the UK (by Piaggio). I was talking to him as a representative of the Guzzi Club in the UK. As I said, he made it clear that Guzzi enthusiasts were not considered to be of any interest.
    I'm not justifying his point, and certainly not agreeing with it.
    Also that was in the UK, maybe in Italy it's different but the comment above would suggest that it's not.
    But equally I have not heard of Guzzi North America getting involved with enthusiasts either.

8. GT-Rx®

Historically they have with the MGNOC here, but that seems to have died off in the early ‘00s. Oh well, can’t help ignorance. ;)

Poppe likes this.
  9. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Would that coincide with Piaggio getting involved?
    My understanding is that in years gone by Guzzi were more involved in the various clubs.

10. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

Well, their involvement with clubs was and still is common, but it is limited to historical and traditional meetings, the marketing strategy is keep separated and aimed to acquire new, younger buyers - look at all "The Clan" initiatives; theclan.motoguzzi.com/

Poppe likes this.
  11. Lumir Bakota

Lumir Bakota Tuned and Synch'ed

I really wanted this V85tt bike, I like the brand, I like the features, its looks an I like the price. I sold my Africa Twin early in February and was seriously considering to wait for the bike to hit the dealerships. But then the bad memory of my early 2012 Stelvio NTX prevailed and I changed my mind.
    I purchased the Stelvio then again based on features and looks and fairly enthusiastic professional reviews. I never had a chance to thoroughly test ride the bike. I sold the bike after one season (it was a long story of disappointments)...
    So I took the opportunity of a good deal on 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT and bought it, so far I do not regret.
    I tend to buy new bike about every 3 years, so I will watch this forum, wait for real users experience and reliability reports with the V85 and maybe in 2022 MG will even have more street/touring oriented version of this bike waiting for me.

12. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

by 2012 the Stelvio had been out for 4 years.
    let us know how the GT is. it's on my short list too but it's a bit too tall just like my 1000 Versys.

13. Lumir Bakota

Lumir Bakota Tuned and Synch'ed

As for Stelvio, the NTX model came out in 2012, at least here in Canada. In fact it was in such a demand that dealers in Alberta were asking for $1000 reservation downpayment...
    As for the Tracer GT, I am pleasantly surprised, mind you have only 750 kms on it so far. The engine has more power than I will ever need, pulls nicely from below 3000 rpms in any gear, the suspension does a great job on our broken up local roads, great handling. I am 5-10 with 31" inseam and I can almost flat foot with the seat in higher position, lots of leg room as well.
    I was actually considering the 2019 Versys 1000 LT (has now cruise control) but what made me choose the Tracer GT was the weight - side cases included, the GT is 40 kg lighter. Big factor for me at the age of 72.

14. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

weight and top heavy and 28" inseam at 71 all are killing me on the Versys and enticing me to try the GT. But the new V85 Guzzi will most likly get the nod.

Poppe and roadscum like this.
  15. dbx

dbx Just got it firing!

Any idea when the v85 will be available in NA?

Poppe likes this.
  16. GT-Rx®

I first heard April, now hearing June. Always a moving and unknown target (word direct from my dealer friends).

Poppe likes this.
  17. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

It's too bad. I was going to test ride it this weekend on the original plan, this and the Triumph Scrambler XE (not for comparisons). Now I'm just test riding the scrambler. Oh well.

18. dawicked

dawicked Just got it firing!

Hello there!
    First of all, i am on this forum since MG presented for the first time the V85 at Eicma and i am very curious to buy this machine.

In many reviews I heard the pegs touching the ground without forcing to much the lean angle. For those who test it more sporty, is it so terrible?

Poppe likes this.
  19. kiwi croc

kiwi croc Tuned and Synch'ed

I watched one test where the pegs were scraping when the rider was going for it ,then later in the test he talked about the suspension being adjustable and it showed rear shock set to it's lowest position. Then later in the vidio it showed the bike being riden just as hard with not one scrape. Maybe he reset the rear shock ????

20. dawicked

dawicked Just got it firing!

Can you share the review you are talking about?