• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

Hello, just found the site. I Bought the first Moto Guzzi I ever saw on 11/14/2021. I live in Alaska, but keep the bike in Colorado so I get a longer riding season. Absolutely love this bike after owning plenty for over 50 years. I look forward to learning more about all Guzzis and my bucket includes riding in Italy, the Alps and Croatia.

IMG 0340 IMG 7032

V85TT Centenario

VIN: ZGUKYUA0XMM000123

Purchased early Dec. of 2022

My first and only bike so far. I was being pushed into buying other makes/models, but something about the shape of the bike, and the colors could not make me shake it of my mind. I would litterly have dreams about owning this specific bike.

I had to have it, purchasing it was stressful as when I finally decided to pull the trigger, they were OOS almost everywere. Thanks to O.C. Motorcycles for comming in clutch and having it in stock at the time. Paid it in full, and never looked back.

Proud Owner - Alonzo Preciado

IMG 0817

V85TT Centenario
VIN: ZGUKYUA0XMM000123
Purchased early Dec. of 2022
My first and only bike so far.
Congrats and thanks for posting. OCM is no longer, but glad to hear Paul and his crew at GP are taking good care of you.
See you here often.

2023 V85TT Travel
VIN: ZGUKYUB01PM000367
Purchased May 2023 from Gainesville, FL, Piaggio. Victor and Eddie were awesome. I’d buy again from them.

All stock if not for the MRA–X-creen, which actually was its salvation. Coming from a BMW R1200GSA, it was a tough initial transition. The first thousand miles were a struggle as the buffeting was relentless and a joy killer. After unsuccessfully trying three different lip options and even a complete aftermarket windshield, I believe it was on this forum that someone mentioned the MRA X-Creen. I tried it as a last resort before trading it back in, and thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, it resolved the buffeting for my 6’0” frame, 29” inseam. I am now closing in on five thousand miles on the odometer. After 48 years of continuous riding, I’m genuinely in love with the V85TT Travel. Superb handling and breaking, with sensible creature comforts. Maintenance is way easier than most motorcycles I’ve owned. The ability to complete valve adjustments w/o removing the fuel tank is a huge plus. I truly enjoy the engine and especially the transmission. It has been flawless from day one. I’m a happy customer.

Daniel

IMG 4598 70705785015  E7A82BC2 D344 46F9 A54F 977714B73C17

2023 V85TT Travel
VIN: ZGUKYUB01PM000367
Purchased May 2023 from Gainesville, FL, Piaggio. Victor and Eddie were awesome. I’d buy again from them.

All stock if not for the MRA–X-creen, which actually was its salvation. Coming from a BMW R1200GSA, it was a tough initial transition. The first thousand miles were a struggle as the buffeting was relentless and a joy killer. After unsuccessfully trying three different lip options and even a complete aftermarket windshield, I believe it was on this forum that someone mentioned the MRA X-Creen. I tried it as a last resort before trading it back in, and thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, it resolved the buffeting for my 6’0” frame, 29” inseam. I am now closing in on five thousand miles on the odometer. After 48 years of continuous riding, I’m genuinely in love with the V85TT Travel. Superb handling and breaking, with sensible creature comforts. Maintenance is way easier than most motorcycles I’ve owned. The ability to complete valve adjustments w/o removing the fuel tank is a huge plus. I truly enjoy the engine and especially the transmission. It has been flawless from day one. I’m a happy customer.

Daniel

View attachment 33872View attachment 33873
My story is almost the same as yours, came off a GS1200 Rallye X. I'm also looking for a suitable screen for my 85tt. So the screen you bought is MRA brand and the model is X Creen, is that correct?
Your screen looks quite tall, do they do a slightly shorter version of the same screen do you know, I'm 5'10.
Enjoyed your story 👍
Baz

My story is almost the same as yours, came off a GS1200 Rallye X. I'm also looking for a suitable screen for my 85tt. So the screen you bought is MRA brand and the model is X Creen, is that correct?
Your screen looks quite tall, do they do a slightly shorter version of the same screen do you know, I'm 5'10.
Enjoyed your story 👍
Baz
Hi Baz, my screen is the stock V85TT Travel screen. Moto Guzzi has the smaller screen from the other models, but for me it didn’t work either. I tried it. The awesome Victor, at Gainesville Vespa, allowed me to borrow one for a test drive. Yes, the MRA is the X-creen model, with multiple adjustable positions. I totally get the battle. The buffeting is so insane that it basically removes the fun from the ride. This was an 11th hour solution for me. I was ready to get rid of the bike. I encourage you to keep trying a solution. Needless to say, removing the screen, also removes the buffeting, but I already have a naked bike. If you look at the photo with the MRA installed, the ridiculous angle that it is mounted above the stock windshield is the only position that worked for me. It basically interrupts the upward flow and redirects the wind to my helmet visor/forehead. Solve the buffeting, love the bike.

Last edited:
Hi Baz, my screen is the stock V85TT Travel screen. Moto Guzzi has the smaller screen from the other models, but for me it didn’t work either. I tried it. The awesome Victor, at Gainesville Vespa, allowed me to borrow one for a test drive. Yes, the MRA is the X-creen model, with multiple adjustable positions. I totally get the battle. The buffeting is so insane that it basically removes the fun from the ride. This was an 11th hour solution for me. I was ready to get rid of the bike. I encourage you to keep trying a solution. Needless to say, removing the screen, also removes the buffeting, but I already have a naked bike. If you look at the photo with the MRA installed, the ridiculous angle that it is mounted above the stock windshield is the only position that worked for me. It basically interrupts the upward flow and redirects the wind to my helmet visor/forehead. Solve the buffeting, love the bike.
Hi 24, thanks for the reply.
I love the bike and my buffetting problem obviously isn't as bad as yours. At the moment I have a screen off my ex GS12, it works faily well but a tad more height and width would be good. 20230808 165053

I bought this bike just before the end of last year, its a 2020 and brand new, it was old stock and I got it $3500 cheaper than the current model.
It’s been many years since I have owned a moto guzzi and it is fantastic to be riding one again.

IMG 0792 IMG 0785

2022 V85tt Travel Grigio Grigna, Purchased Feb2023 from Blacklock Motorcycle, Lavington, NSW, Aust.
VIN# ZGUKYB011NM001323, Eng# AX023896.
Accessories fitted so far
SW Motech Engine Protection Bars,
Hepco & Becker Side Stand Enlargement foot.
Endurstan 4lt Tank Bag,
QuadLock MotoMount phone holder with anti-vibe.

Pic 1 - Most recent ride, Jamieson - Eildon Road, Lake Eildon, VIC
Pic 2 - First ride, Lake Rd, Lake Hume, overlooking Mitta arm towards small township of Tallangatta. 30023792 4988 4E65 865B 604FDC80A1E5 3DA5439F 0FB8 4A66 9E56 F810AA4007CD

2022 V85 TT (Evocative Graphics Rosso Uluru).
VIN: ZGUKYA011NM001932.
Picked up on October 31st, 2022.

I'm generally a happy camper since purchase. The only thing I don't like is the engine knock when it gets hot. Hope they fixed it on the V100, or it's off to the Japanese next year. ';...;'

01 IMG 1025
02 DSCF9139 lq
03 guzzi trip 2023 07 08 01
04 IMG 1073 blurred
(Faces blurred with respect to their privacy)

Welcome. The V85TT has solid lifters and they do make a little noise when the valves are adjusted properly. They are fairly easy to adjust. Tappet screws and nuts.

Hi

Purchased 29/02/2024
VIN ZGUKYB019PM001654
Melbourne, Australia

Very sad to let my two aprilias go (2003 Futura and 2005 Caponord after 20 years of ownership.). Only clocked up 300km so far , but loving the Guzzi . Plenty grunt, handles beautifully, looks great with plenty of character.
Love the new tech also and being modern instills a lot more confidence reliability wise.

Also reminds me of my youth and a CX 500 I had for a few years - only more fancy …. A friend said a ‘funcy’ CX …..

IMG 6536 IMG 6533

Back