RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Mar 6, 2019.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

So who will be the first?! Post your info and pics by responding to this thread, and I'll add it to the list below. Can't wait to swing a leg over one here in SoCal... as it will go into the RentAGuzzi/RideMalibu.com rental fleet shortly after it arrives and we can dig into it for mods.

ADV YELLOW VIN#
    VIN#? - Michaela Collins - City?, Germany - Pic below
    ZGUKWA000KM000909 - @kiwi dave - Auckland, NZ - D.O.P. ? - Pic soon
    ZGUKWA003LM001571 - @Faisal - Qatar - D.O.P. 6.26.19 - Pics HERE
    ZGUKWA00XKM002263 - @Chris Jessop - Yorkshire, England - D.O.P. 7.13.19 - Pics HERE
    ZGUKWA004KM002601 - @Hasse - Ullånger, Sweden - D.O.P. 06.20.19 - Pic post below
    ZGUKWA00XXM00XXXX - Daniel @s-flow - Sweden - D.O.P. 6.29.17 - Pic HERE

ADV RED VIN#
    ZGUKWU009LM000118 - @GT-Rx® - Come ride it at RideMalibu.com - D.O.P 7.17.19 - Pic HERE
    ZGUKWA00XKM002263 - @Chris Jessop - Yorkshire, England - D.O.P. 7.13.19 - Pic HERE
    VIN#? - @Pb4uride - Tiger Mountain, WA - D.O.P. 7.2.19 - Pic HERE

TT GREY VIN#
    VIN#? - @exit27 - linares, Spain - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE

V85TT-MichaelaCollins.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 2:38 PM
  2. Hasse

Hasse Just got it firing!

Got my yesterday. VIN: ZGUKWA004KM002601 City: Ullånger
    180 km journey home, feels good so far. Having ordered a lower saddle, I'm only 172 cm so 20mm lower seat height can be good. v85 nyköpt.PNG

3. GT-Rx®

Congrats and thanks for posting! Exciting news for US buyers is that they will finally arrive around July 10th here.

sir fred likes this.
  4. s-flow

s-flow Just got it firing!

20190626_132050.jpg
    Got mine today!

The 200 km home was good!

It a bit raw and tight so no use to comment much before broken in, Ill get back with my thoughts then.

All looks promising though!

Greetings!
    Daniel

5. GT-Rx®

Congrats! Please post your VIN# and related info for the first post above if you would.
    I'm finally getting excited to get my hands on mine ~July 10th.

6. Eldo1400

Eldo1400 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I don't care what people say, the Ronald McDonald paint scheme is the one to have.

Bill Hagan, luigi57 and BenRCMC like this.
  7. Faisal

Faisal Tuned and Synch'ed

So I just got mine today. What a beauty. I really want those plastic panniers... Also, the exhaust guard is slightly pretruding which causes my left heel to rub against it. It's not much of an issue, just a slight annoyance. I am hoping Todd will work his magic around this and give our feet plenty of space with his V85TT exhaust system!

Please, enjoy the beautiful bike and not the horrendous photographing skills I proudly possess.

20190627_035806.jpg 20190627_035655.jpg 20190627_035731.jpg 20190627_035707.jpg 20190627_035823.jpg

VIN: ZGUKWA003LM001571

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  8. GT-Rx®

Fantastic! Congrats! Thanks for the pics and VIN#. Look forward to hearing more soon.

9. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

Congrats!!!

10. exit27

exit27 Just got it firing!

Hi.

Greetings from Spain and my grey Atacama :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill Hagan, Blaufeld, Poppe and 4 others like this.
  11. GT-Rx®

Guzzi Greetings and welcome! Beauty, congrats!
    Love to get your VIN# and info for above.
    Post often!

Poppe likes this.
  12. Pb4uride

Pb4uride Just got it firing!

I Rushed to pick it up 300+ miles away in Portland, Oregon on July 2nd. Didn't ride it until I got to the Washington Moto Guzzi Clubs 4th of July Deep Forest Campout between Mount Rainier & Mt St. Helens. She is a Red&White one - losing virginity at the Independence day Guzzi campout - so my wife Joanne named her "LIBERTY". Joanne and I travel around the country in a smallish 24' RV with LIBERTY riding on a hitch rack. The Liberty weighs the max allowable weight for the rack as well as the hitch. Should work out fantastic.
    1st Impressions:
    Breaking it in on the paved forest service roads was exhilarating, to say the least. After putting nearly 100 miles on it at constantly varying rpm's I opened it up to 104mph, it had no strain getting there and had plenty more speed left in that throttle. From start till you reach your intended speed the engine pulls strong & smoothly the entire range of acceleration. At 4200rpms it seems to activate the afterburners and you can feel it propel you even faster forward - smoothly. The shifting started off being rough & clunky, but with experimentation, it mellowed out; I found that by applying a tiny bit of preload on the shifter with 1/2 clutch pulled smoothly and it would snick into any gear as smooth as the best shifting Guzzi I've ever had. (It also speed shifted very efficiently.) The instrument panel indicates what gear you are in, but it is blank unless the clutch is out and you are moving in gear. Like, if you are sitting at a stop and look to see what gear you happen to be in - it is blank, does not tell you! so, what good is that? I did not like the high tingly vibrations after 4200rpm, makes my hands go numb. When getting on the throttle the engine vibrations are pretty strong, then after 4100rpm just get higher pitched and zing through that handlebar. Gotta fix that somehow. The throttle is super stiff and hard to turn. I know it is ride-by-wire and should not be that stiff, so hopefully at my 1st service that can be remedied. The Brakes are GREAT. The instrument panel is like a jet fighter cockpit - it's awesome. The tires are howling on some pavement when you lean? You Betcha, I took it Off-Roading on a 26-mile forest service road full of washouts, frost heaves, & pot-holes coming down from the rim of Mt Saint Helens crater. It behaved BRILLIANTLY. I didn't test it's limits by any means, but it was really really fun and the sort of mixed riding surfaces I will do while traveling.

2-UP! My wife Joanne is always riding behind me, and this bike has to work for us 2-up in all conditions. I am super pleased to report that the seating arrangements on this bike are simply excellent. The seat is long and wide, soft yet supportive. Longest ride so far was 5 hours: out - lunch - back without any complaints, sores, cramps, or stiffness. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought this Moto Guzzi V85TT. It is sure to give us many miles of pleasure and Liberty.

2nd-photo.jpg

13. GT-Rx®

Congrats! Thanks for posting and the review. Can't wait to get mine... same color, well done!
    If you don't mind adding your VIN# for the first post above, would be much appreciated.

Count on me resolving all of the running and vibration issues. Likely will take fueling and unclogging the exhaust, and fixing the engineered intake leak. ;)

Post often!

Poppe likes this.
  14. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Just got it firing! GT Site Contributor!

Vin: ZGUKWA00XKM002263

Greetings from England. I collected my V85TT today, 13th July.

I fell in love with this new model from Moto Guzzi after an extended test ride back in May. A proud Guzzi owner since 1999, I also have a 2005 Breva 1100 with 94,500 miles on the clock.

IMG_1197.JPG IMG_1202.JPG

Poppe, GT-Rx®, Dale Baker and 2 others like this.
  15. GT-Rx®

Guzzi Greetings and congrats Chris!
    I haven't ridden one (still), but mine (of the same colors) arrives on Tuesday. Excited to dig into it.
    Thanks for posting the info and pics, and hope to see you drop in here often.
    Enjoy!

Poppe likes this.
  16. Faisal

Congratulations on the bike! If I was obliged to name my bike, it would have to be "Big Bird"...

I've been driving mostly bikes that will vibrate your spine through your brain, so I don't really notice much vibrations. I mean they're there, but to me they're minor. Plus the cruise control solves that for long rides, but it would be cool if Todd could somehow eliminate it completely or most of the vibrations. Definitely waiting on Todd to get his hand on his so we can get some products for it.

I recently purchased the lower seat, fog lights + fog light kit, engine guards, the aluminium/plastic side bags, center stand, and the foldable mirrors. I'm waiting on them to arrive to install.

I haven't purchased a larger windscreen or an exhaust yet for a few reasons. Firstly, I'm waiting on Puig to put out their windscreen for the V85TT, which I'm quite certain they will at some point in the near future. Secondly, as a 1.74m rider, the current short windscreen on its lowest position is just fine for me, even at highway speeds. Yes, its windy, but I live in the Middle East.. I ride in 48+ Celsius weather (120+F) during the Summer. I need wind passing through me at these temperatures... But I don't get any head bobbling from the wind. Amazingly, the wind that passes over my head is clean. Maybe I'll switch to a larger screen for the Winter.

As for the exhaust, I contemplated purchasing the Agostini Cat delete along with the Zard slip-on, which, might I add, sounds absolutely astounding; however, the exhaust guard rubs against my heel and is quite annoying at times. Hopefully Todd will solve this when he gets to it, but from what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a way around this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The gear indicator is just stupid. Moto Guzzi need a software update ASAP. There is a significant delay when running through the gears and the indicated gear on the screen. The "dash" that appears when the clutch is pulled is just very unnecessary.

The suspension on both the front and rear need to be altered with, for me atleast. The front seems to be stiff to the point where I can feel the slight imperfections on the road through the handlebars, and the rear is extremely soft (very comfortable). I've seen reviews of people scraping the pegs very easily and from what I understood, Moto Guzzi had the suspension in the softest setting, therefore heavier riders seemed to scrape the pegs easier than lighter riders. I'm 70 Kgs and I'm pushing the bike near its leaning angle limit (in my mind), and I'm having trouble scraping the pegs easily. I've done it once or twice but that was just me riding like I was Valentino Rossi's 3rd cousin twice removed.

The lights illuminate the road infront really well. I don't like how they placed the switch for the DRL, the low beams, and the low beams + fog lights on the right side of the handlebar, though it's something that you'll probably use only once or twice during your entire ride, so it's not a big deal. I would've like if they gave you the option to turn the fog lights without having the low beam on, which brings me to the heated grips button.

Since the heated grips is an additonal option for the V85TT, they placed a small button to the right of the horn button which turns the heated grips on and off (there might be levels of heat intensity, I do not know). I'm thinking about wiring the fog lights to the heated grips button so I can turn them on along with my DRL only. I don't know if that is possible or not bit we'll see.

It rides like a hot knife through butter. The handling is just spot on. Power is sufficient especially above 3500 RPM. The claimed 80 hp is obviously to the crank. I would eat my own hair if it did anything above 55rwhp, but I feel like it has more to give.

Low speed handling is an absolute peach. No jerkiness to the throttle at low revs / speeds. It handles adequately when you need to lane split, but that transverse V-twin will cause you to adjust the steering often at very low speeds.

23 liter tank, and boy does it manage those 23 liters VERY well. I've managed 400 Km of city driving on a single tank and I wasn't even trying. I bet it can do 500 Km of long distance touring without an issue, which is darn impressive.

The tires (Michelin Anakees) give very good grip on dry roads, I haven't tried them in the wet, because the Middle East. I've done like 5 Kms of sand riding. It does well I guess. I'm no expert offroader so I don't know how it is supposed to behave.

I've done 1,500 Kms on the bike for now, and many many more will come. 1,500 Kms is the first service mark so we'll see how reliable it is after that!

Here it is in my garage, there's a 2019 KTM Super Duke GT and a 2004 V-Rod missing in the picture. If I get the chance sometime I'll take a proper picture.

IMG-20190712-WA0002.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 7:03 PM
    Dale Baker, roadscum and GT-Rx® like this.
  17. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Very nice write up Faisal. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, It was very informative for me. :clap:

Paul

Faisal likes this.
  18. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

Is it here?! (Todd) :)

19. GT-Rx®

20. Faisal

Congratulations! At last! Todd, please, you can enjoy the ride later, we need an exhaust ASAP!

GT-Rx® and Mayakovski like this.