• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

2017 Bobber purchased a week ago in a private sale from Sydney, flew down and rode it 1200 km (750 Miles) home,
smiling ever since.
Congrats, thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Guzzi Famiglia. Always a nice way to get to know a new bike (a 1200 km ride!). Curious as to your thoughts on it vs. the SP II.
Hope to see you here often. Enjoy, cheers.

G'day Fred. You mentioned that you added a Corbin seat, is it the Gunfighter or Gunfighter & Lady you fitted ? I am looking toward the Corbin for my wife and I and was wondering if it gives any extra room (length) over the standard Bobber seat.
The gunfighter was too far forward. I had them build me a bench seat - straight back, kind of like the stock seat but Corbin materials. Been riding since 1960. 22 bikes. Hondas, Suzukis and 6 Harleys.

Attachments

• tempImagejbIjdS.png
    tempImagejbIjdS.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Congrats, thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Guzzi Famiglia. Always a nice way to get to know a new bike (a 1200 km ride!). Curious as to your thoughts on it vs. the SP II.
Hope to see you here often. Enjoy, cheers.
Thanks for the welcome. The SP was great in its day; it handled well, pulled like a train and brought second looks every where it went (especially that exhaust note) The Bobber is different but the same. It needs; as has repeatedly been said; a better seat; the suspension needs improving out of the box and there are those who will point out the limited power at the back wheel but the Bobber isn't a sports bike, it isn't a cruiser and I don't think its meant to be either one. My opinion is that it is exactly what its meant to be (even if some people can't figure out what that is). I think this bike has been deliberately designed as a return to simpler days when bikes were about freedom and the open road and were not a spin off marketing of the latest hi-tech superbike. I would also like to add that whilst bikes continue to improve in technology, speed and handling; people do not ! - we age, our reflexes slow, our capabilities, perceptions and reactions alter with time and more importantly our reasons for riding change. In my own case this bike fulfils every reason that I ride - fresh air, a little speed, closer to nature than a car and that sweet Zen moment when for a brief time you are one with the machine and the road. Those of us who are a little greyer and a little more weathered remember when there was only one type of bike; no one owned a sports bike or a cruiser or an adventure bike; we owned a bike ! Our bikes did a bit of everything, took you anywhere, very few of us ever saw a mechanic we fixed it or it didn't go, and that was the adventure. So to answer your question; in a somewhat rambling way; the Bobber is different (maybe even deficient) to the SP but it has that same simplicity of operation and occasional sweet moment that makes me smile, that will continue to draw me to two wheels and to the garage just to look and sip a cold one; that and the fact that its a Guzzi. In short - yeah I like it a lot

Replacement for 2015 Honda CTX 700 which became unreliable at 63,000 miles. I use it every day and for camping trips in the southwest U.S.
I had a Honda NC700X that I never did get comfortable riding, so I sold it off (for $1K more than I paid) and tossed the helmet and jacket up in the garage rafters. I figured I was probably never going to have another bike- short riding season here.
Right
Then this popped up on the radar....

2017 V9 Bobber with only 4500 miles. Where's my checkbook...

So far I'm really enjoying the way this bike handles, and I feel much more confident riding it than I ever did on the Honda. 30" inseam excludes me from a lot of bikes, but the Guzzi is perfect.

GuzziWater1

I am 73, retired, living in Angels Camp, California. I started riding about around 1971. Suzukis. 350 twin, GT380 triple, GT550 triple, 250 dirt, all were 2 stroke. Then a GS650 4 cylinder shaft drive. Stopped riding for about 30 years. Last October I bought 1984 HONDA V4 Liquid Cooled Magna V30. I had it shipped from the Seattle area. Then decided to get something completely different. After reading about various makes and models, I settled on a 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer. I shortly found one I couldn’t walk away from. It had 2400 miles and over $5000 spent on accessories, came with a new battery and 13 months paid registration. And I could ride it home as it was less than 2 hours away.
Purchased August 2022
ZGULHU009HM000240

B4A08C14 0BA8 4919 BADE 006131D54981 F51115FE E7EE 424D 82C6 1F065D6685CE AFF96700 B567 4D82 AAD8 BA8C2ECCC0CC EFFDD084 378D 4D25 AD0A 6558D6252A05 D3629D51 C85E 4018 9BC9 DC322E1F09D3 E9F6F822 D5D1 4845 9849 BFCACF50FB05 0DAF4C3E DA64 428A 874C 679E89EC7813

I settled on a 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer. I shortly found one I couldn’t walk away from. It had 2400 miles and over $5000 spent on accessories, came with a new battery and 13 months paid registration. And I could ride it home as it was less than 2 hours away.
Purchased August 2022
ZGULHU009HM000240
Congrats, welcome and thanks for posting your info and pics! I had to look up Angels Camp. Being in the foothills, you have some amazing riding there! Enjoy the V9R. If you ever want to run even better, I have some great solutions on the STORE tab, i.e. https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool -- you can read the reviews there.
Hope to see you here often! Enjoy!

I love your Bobber (I do love those chunky wheels so much!) except for the ugly exhaust tape. 😩

That stuff is terrible. 🤮

Consider getting the pipes ceramic coated and the heat will stay in the pipe and exit out the back, and they will look so much better.

Especially if coated in satin black. They will match your Agostini exhaust perfectly.

This is what Jet Hot Coatings did to my Stelvio. Best thing I ever did to the headers.

They look like this still, several years later.

View attachment 26959

View attachment 26960
I Perfectly understand why you hate it. It rots the pipes, hard to clean and eventually they fall apart.
My pipes on the bike were in new condition and to avoid all the tragedy....I bought another set which had scratches on them just so that I can wrap them. It's been 4 years now and they still look new BUT that is because the bike is always garaged, never in the rain or the elements. When the weather is crap, I ride my BMW f800ST, a bike that I hate but it is a good and reliable commuter. My Aprilia, KTMs and Moto Guzzis are used only when the weather is good. I'll be making a video on my V85TT soon, it has every accessory under the sun plus more. I made two for the V9, if you want to know the definition of insanity....watch on Youtube.....Moto Guzzi v9 accessories. You'll love it. There are two videos that come up.

68 YO rider, 1st Guzzi-2021 V9 Bobber Centenario. I live on side of a mountain on a twisty road in the county w/ 5 highest peaks in the Eastern US. For fast riding when conditions are just perfect have a tricked out KTM Duke 390 w/ carbon rims, clip-ons, full Ohlins, Race tires/warmers, etc. Also a 1986 Honda Helix that is used for scouting road conditions/winter (and running down and passing out-of- state Harleys) but for just going more relaxed riding this V9 is perfect for the roads I ride. Any more power -you can't use it plus just more weight to wrestle which gets old fast.

Have Agostinis w/ db killers installed slip-ons. and the Matris inserts and fully adj PB shocks, K&N filter on order from the store, about to order the re-flash tool and SAS block off kit as well. This road is practically at my doorstep-I live down a private road 1:35 into the video, twisty, tight and technical.

IMG 2249

68 YO rider, 1st Guzzi-2021 V9 Bobber Centenario. I live on side of a mountain on a twisty road in the county w/ 5 highest peaks in the Eastern US. For fast riding when conditions are just perfect have a tricked out KTM Duke 390 w/ carbon rims, clip-ons, full Ohlins, Race tires/warmers, etc. Also a 1986 Honda Helix that is used for scouting road conditions/winter (and running down and passing out-of- state Harleys) but for just going more relaxed riding this V9 is perfect for the roads I ride. Any more power -you can't use it plus just more weight to wrestle which gets old fast.

Have Agostinis w/ db killers installed slip-ons. and the Matris inserts and fully adj PB shocks, K&N filter on order from the store, about to order the re-flash tool and SAS block off kit as well. This road is practically at my doorstep-I live down a private road 1:35 into the video, twisty, tight and technical.

View attachment 27109

I thought that I was sick.....but you're even more sick......I love it. I really like the Centenario version of colors.

Used2BFast - Have you considered Ceramic Coating your exhausts? Then the heat will stay in the pipe and go out the end, and you can get rid of that terrible exhaust wrap. It's just so damn ugly...Detracts from an otherwise beautiful motorcycle.

I used Jet Hot Coatings, and have used them on my best friends Stelvio, and several customer motorcycles. Their work was amazing and very reasonable in price and they have tons of colors you can choose from including a nifty chrome type finish. I chose Satin Black and I love it.

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 111921 AM

Last edited:
Used2BFast - Have you considered Ceramic Coating your exhausts? Then the heat will stay in the pipe and go out the end, and you can get rid of that terrible exhaust wrap. It's just so damn ugly...Detracts from an otherwise beautiful motorcycle.

I used Jet Hot Coatings, and have used them on my best friends Stelvio, and several customer motorcycles. Their work was amazing and very reasonable in price and they have tons of colors you can choose from including a nifty chrome type finish. I chose Satin Black and I love it.

Very nice looking bike. Whomever put the heat guards on my bike must have used red loctite bc I had to use vise grips on 3/4 screws which were ruined in the process. Appreciate the input, but personally, I think it looks better esp w/ titanium color- just different taste. Others have used it successfully for over a decade w/o any detrimental effects provided any time it gets wet they make sure it dries out. I don't ride in rain, rarely use water on a m/c, bike will be garaged so not an issue.

BTW noticed you have Piaggios, just put a full set of Hagons front and rear shocks on my 86" Honda Helix- rides like a Cadillac.

Very nice looking bike. Whomever put the heat guards on my bike must have used red loctite bc I had to use vise grips on 3/4 screws which were ruined in the process. Appreciate the input, but personally, I think it looks better esp w/ titanium color- just different taste. Others have used it successfully for over a decade w/o any detrimental effects provided any time it gets wet they make sure it dries out. I don't ride in rain, rarely use water on a m/c, bike will be garaged so not an issue.

BTW noticed you have Piaggios, just put a full set of Hagons front and rear shocks on my 86" Honda Helix- rides like a Cadillac.

Thanks! Fair Enough. It was just a suggestion.

They have literally every color you could want, and the performance in heat reduction, is unparalleled.

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 12423 PM

Very nice looking bike. Whomever put the heat guards on my bike must have used red loctite bc I had to use vise grips on 3/4 screws which were ruined in the process.

i have not done it, but was reading that you have to heat the Red Locktite to more than a few hundred F to undo bolts it’s used on.

I was thinking about the ceramic coating until I remembered the headers and catalytic converter are 1 piece on my 2021 V85TT. I was unable to remove one heat shield screw when I installed the engine guards, but was able to get the through bolt in by moving the guard a little after removing the other screws.

I am 73, retired, living in Angels Camp, California. I started riding about around 1971. Suzukis. 350 twin, GT380 triple, GT550 triple, 250 dirt, all were 2 stroke. Then a GS650 4 cylinder shaft drive. Stopped riding for about 30 years. Last October I bought 1984 HONDA V4 Liquid Cooled Magna V30. I had it shipped from the Seattle area. Then decided to get something completely different. After reading about various makes and models, I settled on a 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer. I shortly found one I couldn’t walk away from. It had 2400 miles and over $5000 spent on accessories, came with a new battery and 13 months paid registration. And I could ride it home as it was less than 2 hours away.
Purchased August 2022
ZGULHU009HM000240

View attachment 26889View attachment 26890View attachment 26891View attachment 26892View attachment 26893View attachment 26894View attachment 26895
$5100 in accessories? That's nuts LOL
But.....I understand, I have a V9 Bobber with $15,000 worth of accessories. I guess....I'm far more nuts than you.....LOL

Hello I bought this last year on 10-2-2021 from Cadre cycle In Cincinnati OH .They were kind enough to deliver this to my home 310 miles away. And delivered it for a small fee .I put the two person seat on that I got from Cadre Cycle and the rear rack on and the back rest pad and the Denali air horn. My wife and I love this bike. Of all the bikes I the bikes i have owed this is my favorite it a blast to ride and it runs great.I love it.VIN ZGULHU008HM000035. Enoz and his people at Cadre Cycle are great they go way beyond to make should you are happy I would whole heartily recommend them. You will not be sorry. But you will be very thankful you did they are wonderful . This is the first street bike i bought since 1984.This is a 2017 v9 Roamer. Thank You Scott Williams.

IMG 20221012 165916

Last edited:
Back