• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Weekly Meets?

pokeyjoe

High Miler
Are there any weekly/monthly meets in the Socal area? I thought I might catch a cup of coffee somewhere, but have been unable to find anything. What about SoCal-Guzzi.com? Appears to be dead.

John, I stepped down as the MGNOC SoCal Rep in '09, and when I did I also took SoCal-Guzzi.com down then. Probably shouldn't have, but the activity here was sufficient to connect everyone. I've been ridiculously busy the last few years, but if there is enough interest, meeting the first Sunday of every month at the Rock Store is an easy one (as well as already being listed in the MGNOC news). Additionally, most of the regulars have moved away, or gotten equally as busy.
The San Diego group is doing a monthly meet that I will try and continue to be sure gets posted here.

Post below if any one is interested in meeting up here in L.A.

I'd be in for a monthly meetup. But instead of always at the Rock Store, maybe we could vary the venues.

The Rock Store is not an impulsive destination for me. I'd have to plan my day around it. Not that that would be bad, but I was hoping for something that was a little closer (I'm in Long Beach).

I like the idea of the Rock Store on the first Sunday of the month.
But anything is possible.

Call it. Pick a time and place, and see who shows up.

To me the Rock Store is a total zoo on Sundays. I will not go there on Sundays. I would go Saturdays. I would also go somewhere less crazed on Sundays.

guzzibob said:
To me the Rock Store is a total zoo on Sundays. I will not go there on Sundays. I would go Saturdays. I would also go somewhere less crazed on Sundays.
Sunday's not so bad if you get there half-way early.
But Saturday's are just as good for me.

stmike said:
Y'can't beat the ride up ACH to Newcomb's.
ACH is gorgeous, but so much law enforcement.

Would anyone be interested in riding Hwy 150 through Ojai then up 33?
We could stop at Vicky and Alec's the Place in Ventucopa, or blaze on up to Pine Mtn Club.

Now that I am in OC, I guess I will have to give GMR a try, haven't been down those roads in 12 years.... But am always up for ACH

When I first got my Stelvio I went to the Rock Store to meet you guys ... spent ten minutes looking for a place to park then made my merry way down the road.

If you meetup someplace else I'm in.

GMR's still great (although not today :eek: ) and ACH, at present, doesn't see many LEOs and the road's always good. And I'm free just about ANY day :lol:

Hence the problem here John. Everyone has their own schedule and everyone certainly likes what's convenient for them as to a time & place. We can certainly alternate locations and places (they're all good), but weekends are tough for traffic and LE most everywhere.
I've been full throttle so far this year, so if I can slip out at all, it would have to be on a weekend (Sat or Sun is fine), but spending a half or full day to get there and back won't work for me. Certainly the Rock Store is uber-convenient (for me), so Saturday is fine if that is a deal breaker for others.

rmance said:
When I first got my Stelvio I went to the Rock Store to meet you guys ... spent ten minutes looking for a place to park then made my merry way down the road.
The trick to the R.S. is don't be shy. Pull into the main lot... always room somewhere, just elbow your way in.

I like Ojai a lot. Good spot to eat, great road options both to and heading out from there, esp as it warms up a bit, and way, way less crowded with way fewer fools than you find at the RS on a Sunday. Even better on Saturday. Like I said, with RS its not the getting there, its the unacceptable (for me) zoo scene on Sundays, pretty much all day. I wouldn't go there on Sunday if it was five minutes from where I live. Just my opinion.

I was going to go out to the Rock Store Sunday, but my bike is broken, so I didn't make it. Is anything going on with anybody?
Bare

Don't know of anything organized other than the first Sunday of the month. I may just start trying to ride up when I get a chance. If someone is there, great. If not, Oh, well.

Back