• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

ghezzi said:
Clutching at straws here Pascal,
Tyre Pressure?
Road surface ie. water, oil, diesel, etc?

I should have mentioned all this but I hate to make long posts...
Tire pressure is at 40lbs at the back and that's where I like it. I checked all that religiously.
The road surface is perfect where it happened and free of contamination etc... and it was a sunny windy day so no chances of water on the road.
It's in the middle of nowhere in Florida (so no sprinklers) and the one thing you have to look at is sand that gets dropped by farmers in the middle of a turn,lol.
I did the same stretch 2 weeks ago at a much faster pace with a different group and no surprise then.
I will never know why that tire is bad and I ain't gonna lose sleep over it cause it's coming off.
As far as Pirellis, I hear that the Corsa and now Angel, are the ones that are supposed to grip but It doesn't matter to me since I know that Michelin and Dunlop are the ones to trust.
I had good luck with Contis but they don't last as long...

Went for a ride on Sat while weather was 60F, probably the last I'll see of that until April. Sunday was winterize for the long sleep and try fitting the 2up seat to no avail. Today (Mon) it's 27F and snow flurries, that's November in WI for you!

Well after reading Petes story about the rear shock linkage, I pulled the shock out and linkage.
Yes there was just a bit of grease so I rejuvenated with fresh stuff..
Also all oils and air cleaner two new tyres, put on the panniers and new rear rack..
So I'm ready for four days through nsw and Victoria alps...
Ye ha..... Oh yeah on my griso se.....

While riding to work today my 11 month old Griso 8V crossed 33,000 miles. Fun ! :D
And my 11 month old Gerbing jacket liner broke.
25 degrees farenheit near the start of a 65 mile commute; and the liner's connection to the right hand glove failed. Not fun. :(

On the weekend i fitted my new Knight Design 1" lower pegs on my Griso. I adjusted the gear shift pedal however i can't lower the brake pedal (different mechanism to gear shift) Riding around town with the higher pedal makes it difficult to respond quickly to tin tops. Can anyone advise how to adjust the brake?

Put the cover that goes over the evap cannister on my griso 8v back on the bike after removing the tank from the inside and replacing it with my flat kit.... I really didnt want to add a rack or any kind bag on my bike but dont want to ride without a way to fix a flat out in the middle of nowhere...

Changed the final-drive & transmission oil on the Stelvio today. What a mess!! Final drive isn't a problem, but the tranny drain plug's half-an-inch above the right header, and the old oil spills over everything. Guess I'll have to remove that right header next time and hope a funnel has a chance :eek:hmy:

mohawkeye said:
Changed the final-drive & transmission oil on the Stelvio today. What a mess!! Final drive isn't a problem, but the tranny drain plug's half-an-inch above the right header, and the old oil spills over everything. Guess I'll have to remove that right header next time and hope a funnel has a chance :eek:hmy:

Piece of cardboard about 3" wide x 8" long. Loosen drain bolt. Bend cardboard in half width wise (forms a long channel) and inserted under the gearbox drain plug and route cardboard to your waste oil can/pail/pan. Remove plug by hand and oil will drain right into waste. Not a drop anywhere.

My problem was getting the oil into the carc. Need to get a smaller funnel. Thinking of a big ass syringe and injecting it in next time. Of course didn't help that my new oil was cold and thick like molasses. :roll:

Too chilly to ride. Tomorrow will be warmer. Today I removed and attempted to polish my not so shiny valve covers with Simichrome. After 3 hours, better, but not great. Plan to remove them, the alt cover, the headers and go to a shop that polishes metal all day long on big machines. Not sure any amount of elbow grease will remove all signs of corrosion.

Had to use a short piece of threaded rod and a stainless washer with a domed nut to fit them to my G11, managed to refit the bar end mirrors between the grip and new bar end weight. Found a couple of bolts to fit where the stock mirrors would go, from a Yam 125.

My Stelvio is now off the road for winter. Washed, polished, fuel stabiliser added to tank, optimate charger connected. Will be using my BMW R100gs and Triumph 900 Trophy over the next few months, providing we don't get snow, it was minus 5c last night, real brass monkey weather.

I'm going through withdrawal here. The dealer has had my bike for three weeks and will probably not get it back to me for two more. At least it's raining...

Back