• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

well, i picked up my very first one! totally excited, by the way. scored this '80 CX100 in okay shape. lots to learn and do. update as they occur. Ciao!

FIM

8253486914_b8b641d582_c.jpg

Picked the bike up from the dealer after some warranty work. They had it for five weeks. I was a bit apprehensive when I first hoped on, but it's like I never got off. The 45 mile ride home on the freeway was nothing but smiles. It's such a nice road bike.

I managed to put my new panniers on my Griso SE, found the loose connection on my Lemans 3 and then gave it abit of a tune up. I was also able to get parts of my Cali frame ready for paint as part of her rebuild. All this and it has not stopped raining.

I've put the v7 on the ramp and got the final drive out for ti's 1000km check up. It was overhould last summer and the mecanic wants to check if it's still shimmed okay. Maybe I'll see if I'm going to have the aluminium parts blasted with sodium bicarbonate to clean the bike up.

Went for a ride up through Walker Basin and the Lion's trail. It's about 45 miles through some beautiful ranch land at the foot of the Piute Mountains.

Installed the gauge/headlight lowering bracket and bar end mirrors.

photo_zpsd5dad9d9.jpg

555555_zps03cddd7f.jpg

looked @ it as I was going after dogfood, charger light on. :blink:

Rode it through the Welsh Mountains.

Attachments

• Ian Royden Park.jpg
    Ian Royden Park.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 532
jiltedjohn said:
A nice bike in good looking country , are the mountains named after the native inhabitants ?

They sure are. It's a small chain just south of the Sierra Nevada, followed by the Tehachapis and then the Angeles. I believe Piute Peak is around 7500' elevation. I'll get some better pics next time out.

PS: the pic in my avatar is of a rescue we did on the Piute Fire a couple years back. We had a thunderstorm that put out the 30,000 plus acre fire that caused some flash flooding in Isabella (Erskin Creek). I think if you google 'Helicopter 408 rescue' on Utube there is a pretty good video shot from the helicopter's camera. It's a pretty area. We followed a 10' wall of black water (from the ash and runoff) down the creek as it came into town removing 100' trees along the way. The rescue was of a family; mom, dad, toddler and dog off their roof.

Rode my Griso around some local hills today, having a great time till the engine died... found the hose on the fuel pump came off... bugger, ended up getting it sorted on the road, was able to ring the wife and get her and the trailer to head back home.... whew.

Rode to work and back, 70 miles, first time on the Stelvio for 2 months, giving the Transalp a day off and scrubbing in my New Tourances. It was great to ride it again, tyres felt good.
:D :D

I rode it! It may be the longest I've spent in the saddle so far (about two hours). I'm not stiff or sore, although my butt is a little cold (it was 58 at the beach). Speaking of the beach - tons of people. You'd think it was 80 degrees out.

Went out for a couple of hours today in what is great, but very unseasonable, weather. Iv'e known it colder in July in this septic isle . Almost sweating with all the gear on , but nice to have a good blast around on some dry and twisty roads. Keep on rocking in the free world.

I got the final drive back from the shop. Thinking about pollishing it before putting it back on the bike. I'll take my time as the weather does'nt allow a nice ride :(

changed the oil & filter,spark plugs,air filter,drilled out broken bolts on the engine were the engine bars go,the last guy sheared them and left the bars hanging on the front bolt which was also ceased and the head wrecked :x ,
went to start her up and the battery was to low :( so put it on the charger.

I love any project that is done without any negative incident. I am getting better, but still sometimes get myself into a corner with a buggered bolt or something that won't budge. Anyway, today I installed long-awaited H-Pipe for my 2001 Cali Special. Vroooom. It sounds amazing without the restrictive center muffler. And got rid of a flat spot between 2800 and 3500 that was annoying. Best money I've spent on the bike. Thanks GuzziTech.
Neal in NJ

Went to visit my bike at the dealer's. He brought her out, her bags were missing but she still looked pretty and all the while I was checking out her trunk, I had my hands rubbing her rear seat. It was good for me... She can't come home with me because she isn't ready. I'm hoping she soon will get all her luggage and some hot grips to help me out. Then I'll take her home and polish her real good. I haven't even mounted her yet, I'm saving that for when she's home with me. My ex girl friend came with me to see her. I could see the tension between them. I don't think the ex likes her much.

Vivo

Back