• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V50 mk2 Running on 1 cylinder Please help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does concern me is your fuel stop needle. That thing is absolutely filthy. You need to meticulously clean that puppy with the vinegar and a little metal polish on a cotton swab or soft towel. Then, you need to put some metal polish on a cotton swab and polish the inside of the carburetor body where this fuel stop needle slides in and out. With a few dozen twists with your finger or chock it into an handheld electric drill (which is what I do) and a few other cleanings with dry clean cotton swabs, the inside should have a mirror polish to it. You need that fuel stop to move absolutely smoothly with no binding at all. If it binds in place, it will either stop the fuel from flowing into the bowl, or stop the floats from reseating it to shut the fuel off!

20220927 214945

Look how good they look so far...

I wil definitely polish float needle and the chamber with cotton bud

Attachments

• 20220928_190423.jpg
    20220928_190423.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
Question, the screw marked D in the manual is that also 1 1/2 turns out?

Sorry if im asking a obvious question or missed it, information might be infront of me again and im just being a idiot ..?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-192127_Office~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-192127_Office~2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 6
What does concern me is your fuel stop needle. That thing is absolutely filthy. You need to meticulously clean that puppy with the vinegar and a little metal polish on a cotton swab or soft towel. Then, you need to put some metal polish on a cotton swab and polish the inside of the carburetor body where this fuel stop needle slides in and out. With a few dozen twists with your finger or chock it into an handheld electric drill (which is what I do) and a few other cleanings with dry clean cotton swabs, the inside should have a mirror polish to it. You need that fuel stop to move absolutely smoothly with no binding at all. If it binds in place, it will either stop the fuel from flowing into the bowl, or stop the floats from reseating it to shut the fuel off!

View attachment 26862

Attachments

• 20220928_193332.jpg
    20220928_193332.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
Question, the screw marked D in the manual is that also 1 1/2 turns out?

Sorry if im asking a obvious question or missed it, information might be infront of me again and im just being a idiot ..?

Thanks

NOT AT ALL MY FRIEND! You are asking INTELLIGENT questions now. We are in the fast lane moving forward rapidly!

In this image of yours:

The idle needle is the one at the top, with the terribly thin and tiny pin at the end. This is the screw that controls the delivery of fuel at the initial starting. Make sure that it is spotlessly clean and shiny, especially at that tip but don't damage it!

It's baseline is that you seat it down, ABSOLUTELY SO GENTLY AS TO NOT DAMAGE THAT PRECISION TIP! Use, your thumb and index finger ever so softly on a tiny screwdriver, to slowly screw that into the carburetor body (you did make sure to send carburetor cleaner and compressed air throughout this orifice first!) until the needle just "seats" and you feel it have resistance as it bottoms out into the chamber. Then, look at your screwdriver, and turn it back out, 1.5 turns and stop. Do this to both carburetors the exact same.

The big chunky fat pin, is the slide pin. It control the initial opening of the slide mechanisim, (how raised it is to allow air to pass through the carburetor). You set this visually. After you assemble the carburetor, look through the venturi at the airbox side, looking through the carburetor towards the venturi on the engine side. The carburetor slide which hold the main het needle (that really long needle), you turn this chunky slide pin, into the carburetor body, until it just raises the slide enough for you to see a little light underneath the slide itself. (About 1-2mm max opening. We only open this just enough to let light pass through the carburetor body under the slide. This will allow the air flow to be just enough to get idling.

If it is too open, the carbs will allow way too much air at initial starting, for the engine to start and run properly. We will adjust that same slide pin when you balance the carburetors at idle speed, in order to get both carburetors humming at the same air velocity moving through them. Once we get this set, we then move onto the cables, to make sure that both cables are raising and lowering at the same rate, so both carburetors are doing the exact same thing at the same time!

Is this starting to make sense to you? I sure hope so.

20220927 213247

I just took this picture. The 2 top pieces are idle needles, which you see the very tiny precision tips on them.

The bottom one is an old slide needle adjuster, just like yours (without the spring on it)

IMG 8789

Last edited:
Whoop finally🤭

I will adjust it accordingly
to your post when i get to that bugger.

Scott so every time i see something that looks abit off/dont make sense to me i get excited.

In this exploded diagram i cant see anything regarding a paper oring/washer.

I have two of them and i only remember taking out 1 as i highlighted in the pic below. But like i say i cant seem to find them in the manual mmmm.... are they supposed to be there? I have no clue where the other one came from.

I hope you are still active on here tonight as i really want to get this carb together tonight if not no problem i would rather take my time than just rush things without me knowing im doing shit wrong :D

@ Scott

Attachments

• 20220928_200804.jpg
    20220928_200804.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220928_200846.jpg
    20220928_200846.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220928_200933.jpg
    20220928_200933.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 5
It also helps to burnish where the float needle seats. I take and taper a wood chop stick to burnish the seat. Just spin the chop stick against the seat. With clean needle and seat it should not overflow.

Here are my video links demonstrating basic carburetor parts cleaning techniques and helpful hints:

I hope they help you out! (Some are still processing and you will need to download them to view, or wait until the video image shows up here)

Last edited:
Whoop finally🤭

I will adjust it accordingly
to your post when i get to that bugger.

Scott so every time i see something that looks abit off/dont make sense to me i get excited.

In this exploded diagram i cant see anything regarding a paper oring/washer.

I have two of them and i only remember taking out 1 as i highlighted in the pic below. But like i say i cant seem to find them in the manual mmmm.... are they supposed to be there? I have no clue where the other one came from.

I hope you are still active on here tonight as i really want to get this carb together tonight if not no problem i would rather take my time than just rush things without me knowing im doing shit wrong :D

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!

Every cell phone these days has a digital camera. You can take tons of pictures for FREE to reference back for how you took it apart.

NEVER NEVER NEVER rely on your memory. You will screw up!

Those metal washers are usually located on fuel stop receivers, float bowl drain plugs, jets attached to the top of atomizer tubes. I will have to look up the carburetor diagram and see if I can see it as I have never had these specific carbs in my hands before. Never worked on a V50... :D

Oh, and are you feeling sufficiently "abused" by me yet? Just checking... :think: :D :p

Last edited:
I don't see the one that you talk about the o-ring missing... I wouldn't be too worried about the imprint. That shouldn't affect it as long as it goes back in the same carburetor so it matches the orifice.

Attachments​

• 20220927_191000.jpg
    20220927_191000.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1

Any missing o-ring you must replace! They prevent air and/or fuel leaking. This is a basic "Must Do".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back