• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Coolant Leak

Hello,
If you see coolant leaking from the underside of the radiator, the radiator cap is faulty.
I had the problem myself and I saw a second case on Facebook, so it's highly likely that others are also affected.
It happens when the bike is stationary, the engine is hot and the ignition is switched off. It sounds like a pressurised steam pot and suddenly there's a leak under the radiator.
View attachment 31423
o
My leak was from a hose clamp, and the leak showed up in what looks like the same place (hard to tell though in the image), directly under the horn.

LOOK 👀 Update on coolant leak:
I decided while deep into the V of the motor, after having to remove the right-side throttle body just to get to the hose clamp that was leaking, to replace all four of the larger OE "clip-on/crimp-on type hose clamps with worm gear drive type clamps similar to the OE clamps used at the radiator connections. There are three of these clamps on the left side hoses, with a interconnecting aluminum pipe with bypass pipe branching off, that runs from the radiator to the water pump (the leak was from the clamp at the front of the aluminum connecting pipe, that connects the pipe to the hose going to the left-side radiator connection). There is one more clamp on the right-side hose coming from the radiator, at the thermostat housing under the throttle body. Once I was in there, I did not want to ever do this again so replaced all of them. I also corrected the interference between said aluminum pipe and inboard alternator mounting bracket, and also at the bottom of the left throttle body (plastic composite); it is very tightly packaged. Here are a few of the images I took to give an idea of where they are at, and a pretty cool look down the throttle body. Looking at the size and shape of the port, and intake valve size, it looks like Guzzi may have left some room for more airflow potential: Anyway, it is all buttoned up and I went for a ride early this morning to my favorite little canyon. :)

View attachment 30645View attachment 30647View attachment 30648View attachment 30655View attachment 30656View attachment 30657View attachment 30658View attachment 30659
Hey GmaninAZ,,,think I met you at ManicMoto Thursday. Enjoyed you coolant leak investigation. I admire your courage and skill diving into a new bike without the tons of online support available to me on the BMW forums. When I read the post about the valve cover, I recognized you as the poster. I've been all over the Guzzi forums, trying to learn as much as I can. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but did spend some time in the garage today moving the RT around, and I think I could squeeze in the Mandello without displacing one of the cages. I would like to keep the BMW for touring, but the Guzzi would be perfect for rides over Mingus, to Payson, Salt River Canyon, 191, etc. We'll see. Enjoy your riding and stay safe.

David (Mudguts)

9FF563DD 68FF 44EF AF9A 10EFD9AE05C1

Hey GmaninAZ,,,think I met you at ManicMoto Thursday. Enjoyed you coolant leak investigation. I admire your courage and skill diving into a new bike without the tons of online support available to me on the BMW forums. When I read the post about the valve cover, I recognized you as the poster. I've been all over the Guzzi forums, trying to learn as much as I can. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but did spend some time in the garage today moving the RT around, and I think I could squeeze in the Mandello without displacing one of the cages. I would like to keep the BMW for touring, but the Guzzi would be perfect for rides over Mingus, to Payson, Salt River Canyon, 191, etc. We'll see. Enjoy your riding and stay safe.

David (Mudguts)
Hey David (Mudguts), yes, I remember meeting you at Manic Moto, those guys are great! If you have not ridden a V100, you should as it is an awesome sports tourer.... But wait, maybe you shouldn't because one will be in your garage sooner than later, it's that good. And get the S, the Ohlins alone is worth the extra $. If I am up your way I will try and give you a shout.
Thank you. Best, Gary

Just had my 1500Km service at the dealers (Experience Motorcycles Auckland) and they picked up a water leak pooling under the water pump. Claim has been logged with MG, just waiting on a call to take the bike in. Looks like you have to be a gynecologist to work on these bikes.

Just had my 1500Km service at the dealers (Experience Motorcycles Auckland) and they picked up a water leak pooling under the water pump. Claim has been logged with MG, just waiting on a call to take the bike in. Looks like you have to be a gynecologist to work on these bikes.
Yes it is! Look at my post #26, I did not want to wait for Guzzi's approval and just took care of it. It is about a two hour job just to get at the hose clamps......

David (Mudguts)View attachment 31766
Is there a V100 in your garage?

More than a leak.
Coolant blew out of reservoir tank. Thankfully face shield was down.
Next stop, ProItalia.

View attachment 32998

I feel your pain. I really do.

Wow. I am just stunned at the teething issues that have surfaced on this new platform.

I honestly expected a much smoother introduction on this model than has been experienced by many people all over the world.

I will be very interested in what issues reveal themselves on the new Stelvio.

Last edited:
Reactions: BDS
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! Took the V100S out for a ride today and experienced a really strange issue. The bike has about 2500 miles on her and has been perfect. Once the motor broke in at about 1200 or so miles it has quickly become one of my favorite bikes. Today I was out riding with my wife and it was sunny and cold. The temp was 41 degrees here in PA but the sun was shining. After about an hour or so of twisty roads at a gentle pace we pulled over at a gas station so I could address an issue on my wife’s bike, so lucky she rides her own! I hopped off and left the bike running for about a minute or two when she asked me what the hell is leaking out. It appears coolant was leaking out of the little overflow rubber pipe in front of the motor. I immediately shut off the bike and watched it literally pump about a liter of coolant onto the ground. Waited a little bit and turned the bike back on, no more leaking and no codes or error messages. I was close to home so rode it and temp never went beyond half on the coolant gauge. Parked in my garage and it didn’t leak again. Called my dealer and will bring it in this week to see if they can figure it out. they told me they haven’t had this happen before and can’t believe that much came out.
i am a little freaked out and hope the dealer finds something they can fix. I ride long days with my buddies and would hate to have this happen when out on tour. Anyone have any thoughts?

I hopped off and left the bike running for about a minute or two when she asked me what the hell is leaking out. It appears coolant was leaking out of the little overflow rubber pipe in front of the motor. I immediately shut off the bike and watched it literally pump about a liter of coolant onto the ground. Waited a little bit and turned the bike back on, no more leaking and no codes or error messages.
I combined these threads as to not have dozens talking about the same topic. It sounds like a possible stuck thermostat. Please keep us updated here.

Update on the water leak on my V100s, Its going to be fixed under warranty but in the mean time I have managed to fit a "worm drive" clip at the end of the hose, this has stopped the leak, see attached photo. This is on the top of the water pump, the original clamp, a
CLIC R 96-375 has not been crimped correctly and is loose. I will definitely do what GmaninAZ has done and replace all those types of clamps once its out of warranty, dont want to upset the dealer. 0

I can push it with a screwdriver and it moves, once its hot and the pressure is up it seeps out. It look perfectly fine. If I could get to the part of the clip where its crimped I would re do it but its at the back. It was done before the engine went in the frame. Ive only done 3000Kms. I would imagine if done properly it would stay crimped for years and give no problems. Its a quick install in the factory, only takes seconds to fit where as a screw type takes time. Its still an amazing bike, I kind of like these little qwerks, reminds you it was built by hand. Saying that I don't want a big "qwerk" ha ha.

Back