• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Coolant Leak

Update on my coolant leak issue. Trailered my bike to the dealer and left it for as long as needed. They could clearly see coolant level was down and had come out. I explained exactly what I did, temp when it happened and riding conditions.
so after refilling it and test riding they say no problem found and it might have just been an air bubble in the system that had to work it’s way out. I have had a lot of bikes and currently own 3, and can’t believe this is their explanation. They asked me to pick it up and let them know if it happens again. They contacted MG and it has been documented.
I am not a happy camper and was supposed to bring this bike on a trip out west in June but will now bring my BMW instead. Kinda bummed!!!

Wow. It is truly amazing at the people who are willing to just throw their V100 away for minor issues that are easily solved.

Not that I am complaining about people doing it, as I bought my 800 mile V100 for peanuts.

It’s just curious at the overreaction in my estimation.

Every new model of everything, has teething issues. I can accept this and work with it.

YMMV

Some of us simply don’t have the patience or confidence to deal with teething issues or a crappy dealer. I have several very good bikes and really like the Guzzi but HATE my dealer. Simply put, they suck at everything and I don’t have another option at the moment. My other dealer has agreed to work on my bike when it’s out of warranty and they have experience with Moto Guzzi but limited access to parts. Since they do BMW and Ducati I already trust them with my other bikes.
Life is short and some of us ride a lot and all over the country so a coolant or oil leak can be a VERY big issue should I be on a trip. Not ready to take the route Dave did yet but thinking about it. I bought the scan tool and a ton of accessories to make this bike perfect for me so hoping it was just a fluke and things work out. Fingers crossed!!!!

You misunderstand. It wasn't meant as a pejorative and it certainly wasn't directed an any particular individual.

It was just an observation of a peculiarity I have never witnessed before.

People have to find their own way.

My friend Mike bought Dave's bike from P.I. They were supposed to deliver it last week, but declared "cam chain noise" after he paid in full, and are stalled it sounded like.

My dealer swears they have tested the hell out of mine and taken a test ride every day without any issues. It's weird but bike didn't show any codes. I have the diagnostic tool purchased from GTM and can confirm nothing showed up. Hopefully it warms up a little and I will take her out for a ride. Stay tuned!!!!

This is great news! I have felt strongly that the overflowing radiator overflow tank, was due to air in the system that "burped" and it would appear so.

May I suggest a positive outlook and a belief that everything will be great from now on. I wish you the very best. 🙏:happy:

I for one, cannot wait to ride mine the moment the weather isn't freezing outside.

I just purchased the 2 additional years extended warranty from Enzo at Cadre Cycle here in Cincinnati this morning. I have always had a very great relationship with him. When the V85 came out, my best friend and I rode down and Enzo graciously let us ride everything we wanted to try (V8TT, V7, V9) and although I loved them all, they were not enough to budge me or my best friend off of our Stelvio NTX motorcycles.

FWIW: Without asking, he discounts the extended warranties to everybody. I paid only $1,000 plus $78 sales tax, for the additional 2 years as opposed to the $1,200 list price. The only caveat is that you must be within the first year of ownership since retail sale. My motorcycle was sold in the month of March, so no worries for me! ;) I think it is CHEAP insurance against any issues 4 years from now. I am positive that it increases resale value for sure. It is always easier to sell a motorcycle still under FACTORY warranty as opposed to one that has no warranty.

Thank you Enzo! 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: BDS
I just returned home with the bike after an hour ride and it appears fine. They added coolant and checked everything out plus washed it. It was a fun ride and the bike is beautiful with a lot of character. I do enjoy riding it and hope the weather stays either chilly and sunny or warms up a little so I can ride this weekend. If anything else happens I will let everyone know and the dealer reported no other bikes with a coolant leak or issues so I am hopeful we will be fine.

I do think the warranty is well worth it and that is a good price for 4 total years. I paid $984 including tax for 4 total years on my Ducati and agree its well worth it!

Mark

FWIW: Without asking, he discounts the extended warranties to everybody. I paid only $1,000 plus $78 sales tax, for the additional 2 years as opposed to the $1,200 list price. The only caveat is that you must be within the first year of ownership since retail sale. My motorcycle was sold in the month of March, so no worries for me! ;) I think it is CHEAP insurance against any issues 4 years from now. I am positive that it increases resale value for sure. It is always easier to sell a motorcycle still under FACTORY warranty as opposed to one that has no warranty.

Thank you Enzo! 🙏
Thanks for that tidbit, Scott. I’ll have to check in with Enzo about that (I think for this bike, the extended warranty would be wise). You’re right… he runs a nice shop. Very accommodating, patient and chill. Probably a necessary personality trait in this business. 🙌😁

Had some issues early on with coolant leaks. My Dealer fixed them over a few weeks. Th bike is now eleven months old and completed 7500 miles. Glad I stuck with it. There are not many bikes like this. The silver elements on the paniers and top box have been painted to match the rest of the bike.

Attachments

• IMG20231105151721.jpg
    IMG20231105151721.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 36
Hi
I had the same issue....orange cooling fluid found during 1st inspection. My dealer replaced the crimp clamp by a screwed clamp + follwing the opinion of my dealer...it was important to move the hose a bit outwards on the spigot, so to find a better and tight position for the hose. He asked me to watch the level in the water reservoir...which is not easy, since there is no indication, what is max and what is min. I filled it up, until the cover touches the water level. When starting it again, I let it run in idle, until she got warm, then recognised water running along the cables to the front brake calipers. I am not shure, if I just overfilled it, and it would stop, when the correct water level is reached. But, what I can say at the moment is, that the area where we found the coolant in the first place staid dry.
I will watch it and share with you, when I start the new season..

Hi
I had the same issue....orange cooling fluid found during 1st inspection. My dealer replaced the crimp clamp by a screwed clamp + follwing the opinion of my dealer...it was important to move the hose a bit outwards on the spigot, so to find a better and tight position for the hose. He asked me to watch the level in the water reservoir...which is not easy, since there is no indication, what is max and what is min. I filled it up, until the cover touches the water level. When starting it again, I let it run in idle, until she got warm, then recognised water running along the cables to the front brake calipers. I am not shure, if I just overfilled it, and it would stop, when the correct water level is reached. But, what I can say at the moment is, that the area where we found the coolant in the first place staid dry.
I will watch it and share with you, when I start the new season..
IMG 1302
Hi
There is max-min level in reservoir. But its hard to see it.
In my case, At 1250 kilometers, I noticed that the coolant level had dropped. the seller added about 50ml. I noticed that it dropped to the minimum line again at 1450 kilometers. It went into maintenance today. No leaks were seen. If it falls again, they will examine it in detail.

Some intel on Dave’s (now Mike’s) V100S. After his first long ride, it was smoking heavy from under the airbox/tank. Dealer sent him the pics below. It looks like two split coolant lines at the crimp clamps. Last pic is just to show the evil tip-over valve is still present.

Image000000 Image000000 Image000000

Some intel on Dave’s (now Mike’s) V100S. After his first long ride, it was smoking heavy from under the airbox/tank. Dealer sent him the pics below. It looks like two split coolant lines at the crimp clamps. Last pic is just to show the evil tip-over valve is still present.

View attachment 34562View attachment 34563View attachment 34564

Didn’t you say before that Piaggio denied the warranty claim on this? How could they do that given these photos? Very confusing.

Back