RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

dashboard interference

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Roblatt, Mar 1, 2014.

1. tris

tris Tuned and Synch'ed

HALLELUJAH FOR THE INTERNET AND GUZZITECH

I know its an old thread, but the Roblatt describes EXACTLY the same issue as I have on my bike - intermittent LCD plus the blocked vent

I shall take apart the cheap dash I bought for spares before I delve further into the one on the bike and see if a straight LCD swap will fix things.

I know Carmo can't source a replacement LCD

If you're still out there Robblatt CHEERS :clap::clap::clap:

GT-Rx® likes this.
  2. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

Tris,

The LCD screens are no longer available, lucky you have a spare. They are just unplug the old and plug in the new once the dash is apart. The dash takes about 15 minutes to remove, strip, rebuild and replace on the bike (but then again I've stripped mine out many times with trial and error rebuilds.

Let me know if you get stuck.

cheers

Robert

3. tris

tris Tuned and Synch'ed

I might just take you up on that Rob :clap:

As an aside, I know the spare dash without its codes wont start the bike, but will the LCD light up and do its stuff?

The spare was was only a 27 pound investment and I was told that the LCD worked but haven't tried the dash on the bike yet.

Even if it doesn't work, Christmas wont need to be cancelled, but it would be nice to know before surgery commences ;)

4. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

Tris,

The LCD screen should work once you swap them. It's just plug in screen. If you were replacing any of the computer processors it might be a different story.

From memory, when you get to unplugging the LCD, there is a thin white plastic bar that runs along the length of the plug, this is used to wedge the plug in place - don't lose it.

cheers

Robert

5. tris

tris Tuned and Synch'ed

Sorry Robert I didn't make myself clear.
    If I do no more than unplug the existing dash from the bike and plug the spare in and turn the ignition on, will the LCD light up or does the imobiliser get in the way?
    If it does at least I know I have a good LCD before starting to take it things apart
    Cheers
    Tris