• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North Georgia TAG ride

New clue.
When you leave the previous tag, and head north towards Blue Ridge. Look to the right if you get hungry.
I think Gary is going to get it. It is going to get a bit warmer this weekend, so maybe then.

I was planning to get up there this morning, but the 29 degree temp here (and certainly less there) was a real stopper. I would have gone anyway if I still had the California with the H&H fairing and heated grips, but not on the v65. I may give it another try later this weekend.

Unfortunately, my knee has kept me off the motorcycle for the past 2 weeks. I am day to day now. I was by there in my truck on the way to Tennessee the other day, but that doesn't count. I didn't even stop.

Wayne Orwig said:
Have we stalled out?
It is 40 degrees and raining. Should be a good day to ride.
:whistle:

I drove near there yesterday on way to Milan. 800 miles in my '93 Toy pickup. 14 hours of interstate joy. ;)

Saw one motorcycle -- a HD clone -- on whole trip, heading south on 24 about 5 miles north of Monteagle, where I took these. Not only did he encounter snow, he would find a few minutes later that traffic was backed up for several miles southbound from a tractor-trailer crash.

21F here last night. Worse ahead: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0768:1:US

Sigh.

Bill

Attachments

• 2011-11-29_09-01-00_650.jpg
    2011-11-29_09-01-00_650.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 825
  • 2011-11-29_09-03-45_46.jpg
    2011-11-29_09-03-45_46.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 825
  • 2011-11-29_11-13-09_470.jpg
    2011-11-29_11-13-09_470.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 825
Is the dead? Do I need to post a new location or more information?
It is going to be in the 60s tomorrow. Someone go for it.

Wayne Orwig said:
Found. In old town Jasper.
New tag. Not far away to the north. Follow the smoke.

More clues:
Between Jasper and the town Blue Ridge, along the main route.
Behind the building are these small colorful signs on the hillside.
It is smoky and would make a good lunch stop.

Took advantage of a quick trip to Atlanta over MLK weekend to get in a ride with some other Guzzisti.

Tried, but failed, to find where Wayne had hidden the Georgia tag -- https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/175/7495.html --

Wayne Orwig said:
Wayne Orwig said:
Found. In old town Jasper.
New tag. Not far away to the north. Follow the smoke.

More clues:

Well, we -- three Mikes & a Bill -- FAILED to find it yesterday. :S

Finally gave up, but, while I am back in Milan now, think the others will make a run for it again now that we know where it isn't. We turned too soon off of 5 north of Jasper, and then got tempted by Talking Rock Road, 136, and Tate Road.

If Wayne will permit, we have an alternate tag site that we'd like to offer. Here are two pix and clue:

Clue: It's not in Owensboro, Kentucky, where that 1890's wagon was built!

OK, another? How about ... it's on the (or at least "a") way from Atlanta to Wayne's tag?

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_2752-2.JPG
    IMG_2752-2.JPG
    436.1 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 692
Wayne Orwig said:
More clues:

You mean you couldn't find this? From the last clues.
"Between Jasper and the town Blue Ridge". That places you near Ellijay.
"along the main route". That would be 76.
"It is smoky and would make a good lunch stop". That would be BBQ.

About 10 seconds with Google maps and you find the place, and pictures, that Joe actually revealed to all for a couple of days.

:roll:

I am kind of in the same boat. Trying to sell the V65Sp. A wrist injury is keeping me off right now and I am probably going to have knee surgery next month. So no TAG for awhile. Maybe in about six weeks and hopefully on an EV or Vintage. Good luck on your sale Yaniv.

OK!!Enough's enough. I found it, Wayne's tag, and will get it on Mon or Tues next week.

Let's get this going again!! :twisted:

guzziknight said:
OK!!Enough's enough. I found it, Wayne's tag, and will get it on Mon or Tues next week.

Let's get this going again!! :twisted:

Fair weather riders. :roll:

Gary has that EV now. He may beat you to it this weekend.

Hey all,
I'm late for work.
Will give next tag location ASAP
It smelled real good here !
-Michael Miller

Attachments

• DSCF3676.JPG
    DSCF3676.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 526
Poole's BBQ, Yeh Baby...
3000 pig cut-outs on the hill.
Home of the "PIG MOBILE"
Great location Mr. Wayne !
Clue to next Tag-It's not in Owensboro,Kentucky, where that 1890's wagon was built.
It's on the(or at least "a")way from ATL.to Wayne's Tag.
Credit Bill Hagan for this Tag !!!

Attachments

• hagan 1.jpg
    hagan 1.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 517
Great!

I grew up -- well, that assumes too much, I suppose :p -- for the most part in Daviess County, Kentucky; Owensboro is the county seat.

The Owensboro Wagon Company was a very big deal in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. My grandfather lived in Whitesville, well out of Owensboro. In fact, I can remember when we got running water, indoor toilets, and electricity in the late 1950's. This was a time when the macadam stopped at Philpot, about 12 miles from Owensboro. After that, it was gravel until Oakley, and then oiled dirt for the last several miles.

Anyway, "W.K.," my grandfather had an Owensboro wagon. He used mules to pull it. On special occasions, he'd hitch up his Percherons, a pair of handsome draft horses, like these, http://percheronhorses.net/.

When, on our Presidents Day ride, we passed by that wagon, I almost wrecked in my haste to stop and see it.

Thanks, Tazio, for the tag.

Bill

Back