• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North Georgia TAG ride

I had spent a lot of time Googling nurseries in that area trying to find that. Glad you got that one.

Map updated.

Hey Yaniv,

Good looking bike.

I was planning to run up Hickory Flat Hwy this weekend, but you beat me to it. I ride by there fairly often.

I have been to the next tag, in fact, I think we were all there together fall before last. If I get my chores done, I may get by Sunday. Been getting the bike ready to ride. Raised the forks a bit, handles better. Shortened the windshield and removed the lower fairings and the trailer hitch.

Montaluce !
Great Tag! Awesome riding!!, Swung by Riders Hill in time to watch Ian uncrate 2 new Griso SE's !

O.K.,New Tag...
This dudes a little creepy, but he's been around a long time.
Hint #1-That's not a spaghetti fork in his hand. Duh...
Hint #2-He's definitely NOT an offspring of Sonny and Cher.

Attachments

• DSCF3726.JPG
    DSCF3726.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 378
  • DSCF3719.JPG
    DSCF3719.JPG
    854.8 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCF3724.JPG
    DSCF3724.JPG
    520.2 KB · Views: 378
Couldn't you find a more scenic ride than Buford Hwy???? The old R&R Salvage Yard. It says R&R on the wrench.
Next tag in separate post.

Attachments

• Old R&R.jpg
    Old R&R.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 352
Though most of the buildings are of post antebellum construction, the original buildings played a part in the civil war due to their importance to the South's military supply chain.

Attachments

• New Tag.jpg
    New Tag.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 352
Speaking of construction, the usage "post antebellum" is interesting, as one would have thought that "postbellum" would serve the same end. :laugh:

Anyway, nice work, Gary, a great site for the tag. I know it, but someone else here will find it before I can get back there on a Guzzi.

Oh, and a beautiful Cali, too. Glad to see another in your stable.

Bill

gt928 said:
Though most of the buildings are of post antebellum construction, the original buildings played a part in the civil war due to their importance to the South's military supply chain.

I failed history. :cry:

How about more clues....

Wayne Orwig said:
gt928 said:

I failed history. :cry:

How about more clues....

As it's a weekend, and you and others may need that to get out and look, I'll risk this and post a clue without Gary's permission. If this annoys him, I'll apologize in advance and not usurp his prerogatives again!

Think about linkage between Confederate gray and a Lost Cause version of the "trail of tears." :p

Bill

No problem Bill, good clue.

The original was seized by union troops in 1864. Supplies for the confederacy were produced here, including an important item in a "particular" shade of gray. If you know the shade, you can probably find out where it is. Another clue, the rebels burned a nearby bridge after seizure.

Oh, and another thing. We're not talking about the north Georgia mountains here. Depending upon traffic, it is less than a hour from the last tag.

gt928 said:
Oh, and another thing. We're not talking about the north Georgia mountains here. Depending upon traffic, it is less than a hour from the last tag.

I think I got it with Bill's hint. From the photo I was thinking it might be farther from populated areas. I'll go out and mill around for a while tomorrow.

:cool:

Roswell Mill, good one. Just light out, as I worked 16 hrs yesterday.

Here's new tag.
Should be easy and no big deal to find.
"all you can eat catfish"-should appeal to us bottom feeders in the motorcycling world... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF3733.JPG
    DSCF3733.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 342
  • DSCF3728.JPG
    DSCF3728.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 342
Little River Grill and Sports Bar. Will post new one when I get back. ;) Nice ride Tazio. I have never been through Holly Springs before. I've been on Lake Altoona, but never here.

Attachments

• Little River Grill & Sports Bar.JPG
    Little River Grill & Sports Bar.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 332
New TAG. In keeping with the times, I thought this might be appropriate. Historic swinging bridge. Wayne shouldn't have a problem getting here, though most of us mere mortals would. I don't know, after that ride to Virginia 2 years ago, Bill might be able to get there also. More clues to come.

Attachments

• April 1 Tag.jpg
    April 1 Tag.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 323
New Clue for Picture posted on April 1 - Bridge was constructed in 1977 by USDA Forest Service. North of Ellijay and South of Blairsville it is a little off the beaten path. Look for a new clue tomorrow.

OK, in case you have tried to look for this landmark, DON"T. The most important clue was April 1. Yes April Fools Day and a hastily Photoshopped composite of my EV on a picture of a swinging bridge my wife and I WALKED to on the Benton MacKaye Trail. She is on the bridge. Don't try to ride there.

I will post the next tag this afternoon when I return from my ride.

Back