• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North Georgia TAG ride

gt928 said:
OK, in case you have tried to look for this landmark, DON"T. The most important clue was April 1. Yes April Fools Day and a hastily Photoshopped composite of my EV on a picture of a swinging bridge my wife and I WALKED to on the Benton MacKaye Trail. She is on the bridge. Don't try to ride there.

I will post the next tag this afternoon when I return from my ride.

Nicely done, Gary.

Well, except perhaps for the part that Jay went out looking for it yesterday and has not been heard from since.

Not. But you got me.

Seriously, I did wonder. Could not recall ever seeing mention of such a bridge except something of the sort near Toccoa.

I'm thinking of starting a Driftless Region tag. Pretty cool.

Bill

Actually, the road and parking lot to this bridge is pretty hard to find. My wife and I looked for it two different times before we found it. The first time we meandered on all sorts of unimproved roads upstream from Lake Blueridge. We got better directions the second time. The bridge is a short walk from the "parking lot" and worth the trip. It crosses the Toccoa River. Access to road in is just east of Morganton on Hwy 60.

On my way to a new TAG.

Gimme a tag, gimme a tag :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tazio said:
Gimme a tag, gimme a tag :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

No don't . He'll put in in the middle of the city. :lol:

I was about ready to pull the plug on this game. It had sit with almost no activity for a long time. Glad that everyone is getting out and riding.

I'll put it on a forest road. :evil:

OK, went for a ride this morning. New TAG. This North Georgia location has a lot in common with it's European namesake. If you find it, hang around awhile, it is a most unusual place.

Someone may get this location from the picture. However if you haven't been there, it may be tough. I will post another more revealing picture and another clue tomorrow. I will say that I expected to see a lot of crepe "myrtles" here.

Attachments

• New Tag.jpg
    New Tag.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 334
Myrtle Hill Cemetery,Rome, except you don't have 24hr. access to this tag...
Guess who got their after an hour ride and found locked gates ? (7:15pm)
Guess who broke into their first (and hopefully last) cemetery ? :whistle:

Anyways, New Tag Time.
Located purt-near smack dab in the middle of a city :mrgreen:
Named for a Vice President.
And I'ts definitely NOT the Bellagio ;)

This is (Lisa and I, last year)

Attachments

• DSCF3734.JPG
    DSCF3734.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 315
  • DSCF3736.JPG
    DSCF3736.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 315
  • 2012_0119choochoo0491.JPG
    2012_0119choochoo0491.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 315
  • DSCF3737.JPG
    DSCF3737.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 315
Actually, rode around gate on a back street, through the grass and NOT over anybody.
Sure brought the pucker factor up a notch...

Bill Hagan said:
Wayne Orwig said:
Need more hints.

I heard that the Rome police are looking for a yellow motorcycle.....

Don't doubt the latter; great tag gathering, Tazio.

OFGS, Wayne, this one is easy. To seek more hints is shameful. :p

Bill ... from afar

This is obviously in some city, with people and cars. I have no clue what that is. :lol:

Got it. I had it narrowed down to that and one other. Don't know if I can get there before someone else though. Gotta work some too.

Mr. Wayne, this clue's for you.
Thought you'd like it... ;)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 279
What's this? Has the TAG radius increased to 800 miles? :D No problem for "Leatherbutt" Hagan as it is probably as close to him as us mere mortals in Hotlanta.

Back