Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Stepper motor on/off kit

Discussion in 'GT Electrical' started by GT-Rx®, Aug 24, 2009.

1. PhillR

PhillR Just got it firing!

Yep It's one of your units.
    The revs drop down slightly to about 700rpm when the unit is switched so I think the unit is working.
    It just doesn't hold a fast tickover when its cold without holding the throttle, and when it is warm enough to tick over it suddenly misfires about every 5th stroke and trys to die.
    I've checked and there are no faults stored.
    I will go to a local dealer and get the TPS reset and see if that makes a difference.
    I'll let you know what happens.
    Cheers
    Phill

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Phill, the engine is programmed to idle 1250 RPM, so ~700 is very low. I'd suggest a TPS check/reset for sure.

3. PhillR

PhillR Just got it firing!

Hi Todd
    I have taken the stepper motor cut out off and the bike is back to standard and runs ok.
    When I try and blow through the unit it will not let any air pass through as thou it is blocked, should it be like that ?
    I think I will go down the Power Commander V route.
    I notice that they have now upgraded the units to allow ignition timing changes.
    Have you been doing any work with them re adjustments to the Norge timing change
    Phill

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Without power to the valve, no air will pass through.

Very good. They/Dynojet have always offered timing options for the big-4, but never for Guzzi, and they will not be offering it. Too much time to R&D for the small amount of unit sales for Guzzi. I will continue to make timing adjustments, along with all of the other work I do on the GT-Rx ECU re-flash.

5. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Strange question but... is there any chance the stepper motor bypass would work on other bikes, eg the Benelli Tornado? I just got one and would be interested in turning it off as it can cause off-throttle cut out on the Benelli.